Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skinwalker Ranch


The Truman show
 Share

Recommended Posts

Some have called it a supernatural place. Others have deemed it “cursed.” Terry Sherman got so spooked by the happenings on his new cattle ranch that 18 months after moving his family of four to the property now known by many as “Skinwalker Ranch” in southeastern Utah, he sold the 512-acre parcel away.

https://www.history.com/news/skinwalker-ranch-paranormal-ufos-mutilation

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Geez paranormal, alien and crypto activity all in one place. I have heard some other stories of this place over the years not covered in that article.

Papameter:

90% Some paranormal/crypto/alien things occur there      10% All Hogwash/Poppycock

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

"The appearance of the supernatural around Bottle Hollow makes sense with the context of Ute belief. According to Jones, amongst the Utes “springs and certain waterways were reservoirs of negative power… There were evil spirits or evil sprites that would rise up out of the water and drag you in.”

https://www.history.com/news/skinwalker-ranch-paranormal-ufos-mutilation

Depending on how much rum was consumed ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The link article says "southeastern Utah", but I make it northeastern (unless there's more than one Skinwalker Ranch?

 

Clipboard01.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Crikey said:

The link article says "southeastern Utah", but I make it northeastern (unless there's more than one Skinwalker Ranch?

 

Clipboard01.jpg

You are correct, Skinwalker Ranch is located in the Uinta Basin (a hotspot for weird stories) in northeastern Utah. Not surprising that the History Channel has fudged the details again.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

"The appearance of the supernatural around Bottle Hollow makes sense with the context of Ute belief. According to Jones, amongst the Utes “springs and certain waterways were reservoirs of negative power… There were evil spirits or evil sprites that would rise up out of the water and drag you in.”

Wrong...

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys i found a better source for this story.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m7qb54/inside-skinwalker-ranch-a-paranormal-hotbed-of-ufo-research

The first is a farmhouse, occupied by the live-in caretakers of Skinwalker Ranch, Kandus Linde, a published anthropologist, and her partner Tom Lewis, a freelance graphic artist. 

“You hear a lot of stories about what goes on, but most of it is just stories. Do weird things happen? Yeah,” Linde explained to me. “The best way to describe it is that the ranch has a personality. It sounds crazy, I know.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

The new owner has heard all the bizarre stories and rumors, of course. He admits many are far-fetched, but if the ranch does hold strange secrets, he’s out to try his best to confirm them. Over the past several years, he and his staff have completely revamped the ranch, installing surveillance systems and scientific equipment all over in order to try to detect UFOs, paranormal activity, or otherwise explain some of the strange happenings that occur on Skinwalker Ranch.

https://www.vice.com/en_in/article/m7qb54/inside-skinwalker-ranch-a-paranormal-hotbed-of-ufo-research

Edited by Still Waters
Source link added
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

 Kandus Linde, a published anthropologist,

She lists himself as a archaeologist who works for 2 commercial-governmental firms but her degree is anthropology. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kandus-linde-86322776

This is what she published.

https://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Human-Cranial-Macromorphoscopic-Traits-ebook/dp/B07G98CDHK

I don't get how she can call himself a "archaeologist" without the background. I have 2 years of it and can only call myself a "field assistant" or "field tech".

She also isn't listed as having been on any digs. 

@Kenemet  She's close to your neck of the woods. You know anything? 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

You are correct, Skinwalker Ranch is located in the Uinta Basin (a hotspot for weird stories) in northeastern Utah. Not surprising that the History Channel has fudged the details again.

I like the history channel. I think some times they get it wrong on purpose trying to keep it from becoming a huge  tourist attraction.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Piney said:

She lists himself as a archaeologist who works for 2 commercial-governmental firms but her degree is anthropology. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kandus-linde-86322776

This is what she published.

https://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Human-Cranial-Macromorphoscopic-Traits-ebook/dp/B07G98CDHK

I don't get how she can call himself a "archaeologist" without the background. I have 2 years of it and can only call myself a "field assistant" or "field tech".

She also isn't listed as having been on any digs. 

@Kenemet  She's close to your neck of the woods. You know anything? 

I would tend to think that she's who she says she is.  I once applied for a similar sort of job as she has with Garcia & Associates.  The job description included making assessments of sites (cultural material) for companies that were going to do construction on an area.  And archaeology (academically) is a subdiscipline of anthropology.  So she could have been on company sanctioned digs... appears that she's probably not a shovelbum type but a field camp/museum-type specialist in art and pottery.

Mind you, this doesn't preclude her from delving deeply into woo.  But she will have some sort of valid background in something involving art and archaeology (pottery of a particular North American group, for instance.)

Also the book she coauthored is valid (and good, I imagine.)  So she knows quite a bit about anatomy (as seen in skeletal remains somewhere.)

Edited by Kenemet
  • Thanks 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2020 at 3:31 AM, Captain Risky said:

The new owner has heard all the bizarre stories and rumors, of course. He admits many are far-fetched, but if the ranch does hold strange secrets, he’s out to try his best to confirm them. Over the past several years, he and his staff have completely revamped the ranch, installing surveillance systems and scientific equipment all over in order to try to detect UFOs, paranormal activity, or otherwise explain some of the strange happenings that occur on Skinwalker Ranch.
 

https://www.vice.com/en_in/article/m7qb54/inside-skinwalker-ranch-a-paranormal-hotbed-of-ufo-research

I don't know what this is a photo of...but I don't think it's a photo of their setup.  This looks computer generated to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

I like the history channel. I think some times they get it wrong on purpose trying to keep it from becoming a huge  tourist attraction.

No, they just got it wrong because they don't bother fact-checking. If the various owners of Skinwalker Ranch didn't want to draw attention to it, then they wouldn't have published numerous books and documentaries about the place.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I don't know what this is a photo of...but I don't think it's a photo of their setup.  This looks computer generated to me.

No its not computer generated, it’s a set up of skinwalker ranch. Read the article there is some weird stuff that’s going on there. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

No its not computer generated, it’s a set up of skinwalker ranch. Read the article there is some weird stuff that’s going on there. 

The lighting seems weirdly inconsistent.  But maybe that's just me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

The lighting seems weirdly inconsistent.  But maybe that's just me.

It looks like a tiled room, with high low ceilings and can lights, and they probably added a string of green rope lights under the desk for a night light, is my guess, might be the only room in the house to set something like that up in, it's a nice system and set up from what I can see from the photo.

Edited by Jujo-jo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Skinwalker ranch was once owned by Bigelow. He put the NIDS team there which is largely over at the TTSA now. They were according to the people stationed there bored with nothing to do.

There are plenty of stories but nothing ever came of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Institute_for_Discovery_Science

http://skinwalkerranch.org/rank.html

http://obscurantist.com/oma/national-institute-for-discovery-science/

http://www.oocities.org/area51/rampart/2271/

Quote

I learned that the real question is not what stunning information NIDS is hiding, but how a research organization could have such a poor track record of accomplishment over such an extended period of time.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some crazy documentary I saw on one of my streaming channels claimed the Govt had actually taken over the ranch, constructed a huge gate and fence around the place..And the owners are really govt employees.:alien:  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Skin Walker ranch has turned out to be a dud.

For those not looking into this, the ranch is only one of several places out West claiming some sort of magical menagerie happening in the area. Why have a BF, when you can also have UFOs, dogmen, cryptos, portals, time travelers, energy vortices, RV, blah blah blah as well?

NIDS went out there and according to some of the people that were there they had nothing to do. They end up collecting a paycheck and sit around doing nothing. It turned out to be a waste of time and NIDS went away. All they did was compile a list of ghost stories.

http://www.aliendave.com/UUFOH_TheRanch.html

Quote

NIDS after buying the Sherman ranch, where it seems the activity is concentrated, installed video cameras and other sensitive monitoring equipment, built new fencing and constructed observation posts manned with trained observers, in hopes of collecting evidence for scientific study. But to this day NIDS says publicly, that none of the phenomenon occurring there has been recorded, even though the NIDS scientists have seen the balls of light, unknown creatures and UFOs, and mutilated animals.

It's the same old tired story that is incompetence or sloth or indifference that is spun as science doesn't work there. That is such a lame excuse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully Zak and the Ghost Encounters team will go and give the place a good checking out (unless they've already done so and I missed it?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Hopefully Zak and the Ghost Encounters team will go and give the place a good checking out (unless they've already done so and I missed it?)

That would be hilarious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

That would be hilarious. 

Google tells me that 3 years ago the GE team investigated a 'Skinwalker Canyon' in New Mexico but it wasn't Skinwalker Ranch

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/ghost-adventures-makes-controversial-trip-to-skinwalker-canyon-in-the-navajo-nation/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.