Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skinwalker Ranch

Unusual Tournament

Snoop Dogg literally played the Super Bowl this year.  So yeah, colloquialism is a real thing that happens in our society.  That’s why scientists have their own language.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Warning; lyrical content advisory for those under 17 years of age.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Guyver said:

Warning; lyrical content advisory for those under 17 years of age.

Why are you posting nasty about eminems boyfriend in a thread about the skinwalker ranch hoax?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Guyver said:

You wouldn’t know since you don’t watch the show and never have.   They have mucho equipment.

You made the statement of natural source. Frankly, that's false. Please continue to add the proper qualifiers to make your statement correct.

And mucho equipment? Not really. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, quiXilver said:

**snipped**

Skepdicks are little more than naysayers who badger any who don't align with their predisposed assumptions.  In reality they often present as illogical as those they rail against.  Disbelieving and attacking without any proof or support of their position.  They are emotional creatures and as pitiable to me as those who believe without support, perhaps moreso as they tend toward the bitter and negative rather than the curious and exploratory.

I think it is funny that you have nothing at all to say about the actual issues and instead prefer to whine about imaginary naysayers.

People proposing nonsense do not seem to like it when their nonsense is called into question.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Guyver said:

You have done nothing to show anyone has been wrong.  And since you don’t watch the show, you don’t even know what you’re talking about and simply can’t make an informed decision.  So you are projecting your beliefs, nothing more.

That of course is incorrect. Alchopyn made claims which were trivial to show were incorrect.

Watching the show is not necessary. I can read the baloney people post about the show and see that it is wrong as I did with the 1.6Ghz claim.

I'm waiting for someone to tell us how triangulation was done on the show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

That's a good perspective, Socio.

It's hard to figure. The stalwarts have never given one UFO incident presented in UM any chance at all of being real. 
So if they don't believe UFO's (or BF) exist, why do they spend years in these threads just saying the same thing over and over again, and never learning *anything*?

I think they have a deep-seated fear. 

Actually, this is just another one of your misunderstandings. 

There is a UFO incident. People look into it and determine it is so poorly evidenced that there is nothing worthwhile to discuss or the available evidence might strongly point to a prosaic situation.

And who says the same thing over and over again? Why you do Earl.Of.Trumps. Despite the overwhelming evidence in many cases you choose to repeat some claim that has been proven incorrect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

There have been plenty.  It's just a simple case of denial for them. And no, there is never any sense of debating with a true unbeliever. 

The evidences in the Washington D.C., 1952, is proof. If you care to look it up. So is the 1952 incident of 4 UFO's hovering over the Salem Coast Guard station. 

I just posted that despite overwhelming evidence you continue to post the same worthless junk. Bravo for supporting my statement.

• Like 2

Seems that no one has the ability to tell us how the triangulation was done.

I wonder if these posters claiming to watch the show actually watch the show.

I'll see if Alchopwyn who claimed "a cool million" wants to tell us all about this.

• Like 3

I find it disturbing that so many people put faith in an entertainments shows credibility.  Do they feel the same about Pawn Stars, Reno 911 and The Simpsons?   Just because it is aired on TV means it must be true.  

I will repeat, a TV show has zero responsibility to tell the truth.  Ratings are number 1.  If outrageous claims improve ratings then it is OK.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, quiXilver said:

I see the bully posse of skepdicks are out in force again on this topic...

So blase'.  Ganging up and heaping unfounded abuse to bolster their sense of self.  It's pathetic.

What's more so, is how it's passively condoned by the admin, but it's their site, so c'est la vie.

If you work with babies you'll notice two distinctions pretty quickly, those babies who lean in and are curious about new experiences, and those who withdraw in innate fear.  These traits seldom seem to change throughout life... nurture doesn't do much to alter it.  We can clearly see which kind of babies the skepdicks were...

eta:  true skeptics tend toward agnosticism.  An open ended path of enquiry that does not assume a positon either for or against any concept until sufficient data is present to form a more solid position.  It is a sign of a mature mind, to be able to encounter and grapple with a concept, notion or idea without instantly having to accept and support it, nor reject and attack it. 

Skepdicks are little more than naysayers who badger any who don't align with their predisposed assumptions.  In reality they often present as illogical as those they rail against.  Disbelieving and attacking without any proof or support of their position.  They are emotional creatures and as pitiable to me as those who believe without support, perhaps moreso as they tend toward the bitter and negative rather than the curious and exploratory.

I have defended you poor pathetic blind true believers in the past but you make it a bit hard when you go all melt down unhinged tossing insult and your homoerotic name calling then cry about the mods not doing the job by allowing members on a discussion forum actually discuss, perhaps if you didnt come off like such a huge pile of walking fertilizer someone might not think you are just an angry empty loon.

It goes back to what butt hurts most true believers they make outlandlish claims with zero to back up such claims which makes all the true believers have is stories.

Feel free to prove me wrong and post evidence to support your claims.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Seems that no one has the ability to tell us how the triangulation was done.

I wonder if these posters claiming to watch the show actually watch the show.

I'll see if Alchopwyn who claimed "a cool million" wants to tell us all about this.

Good luck, alcho makes up more BS than earl.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

That's a good perspective, Socio.

It's hard to figure. The stalwarts have never given one UFO incident presented in UM any chance at all of being real. 
So if they don't believe UFO's (or BF) exist, why do they spend years in these threads just saying the same thing over and over again, and never learning *anything*?

I think they have a deep-seated fear. 

There you go braying utter BS

You still havent learned havent grap "UFO" means "unidentified flying object" and most of have seen something that we didnt know what it was, countless UFOs have been adequately explained.

There have been plenty.  It's just a simple case of denial for them. And no, there is never any sense of debating with a true unbeliever. 

The evidences in the Washington D.C., 1952, is proof. If you care to look it up. So is the 1952 incident of 4 UFO's hovering over the Salem Coast Guard station. 

You never seem to get humiliated by your countless epic fails and blunders,

Who could forget you braying that a known hoax pic of the capital was street lights, not aliens not even UFOs yet right up until the last time you brought it up tou insist its aliens.

Yet you never get embarrassed by your glaring gross ignorance.

10480_0(2).jpg.e163a65c9230604d801a916dd0c73693.jpg5cdb72af4a49c_ScreenShot2014-12-02at10_49.31AM(2).jpg.0f9e3335ab6c3a83b2cac1add067120d.jpg

• Like 4

Me and @Guyveraren't trying to prove anything. All we are doing is discussing. And we are rudely being told that we can't prove - blah blah blah. 
For example, I am not trying to prove you are spambot, but I think you are. Have a nice day

Just go on discussing the topic. It's a hobby to these guys. The time spent in almost any paranormal thread on a paranormal website with the same 'ol cut and paste drivel should show you that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Me and @Guyveraren't trying to prove anything. All we are doing is discussing. And we are rudely being told that we can't prove - blah blah blah. 
For example, I am not trying to prove you are spambot, but I think you are. Have a nice day

Its great thing that you and your buddy arent trying to prove anything because you guys never have proven any claims you make.

You guys have been proven wrong, lying , ignorant or all that countless times.

Its not at all rude in the forum discussion to point out who cant prove their claims.

You then act rather rudely yourself you call a member a name coping out its what you think.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Guyver said:

You can only stoop so low before everyone understands you are a fraud.  Rick Dyer comes to mind.  

Your willful ignorance, and intellectual dishonesty is astounding.  Keep looking foolish; as I said, I'm just getting started pointing it out.

Edited by Resume
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

What you should have said is that, although in its standard usage, a straw man fallacy is specifically reserved for a defray tactic on an argument that has been presented, what you choose to apply is the “colloquial” version.  Well, ok dr. stretch, Snoop Dogg is popular.  So, yeah.  

What you should do, to be intellectually honest, is admit you don't know all the connotations and denotations of the fallacy; instead, you double, triple, quadruple, quintuple down on your cowardice. So yeah, obvious.

a fabricated or conveniently weak or innocuous person, object, matter, etc., used as a seeming adversary OR argument:

Such an easy thing to admit you are wrong,  so simple to acknowledge you don't know there are multiple connotations to the fallacy, but yeah, you don't do integrity.

ETA: Please indicate where in my citations, the abbreviation for colloquial (coll) appears.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/straw man

: a weak or imaginary opposition (such as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/strawman

a fabricated or conveniently weak or innocuous person, object, matter, etc., used as a seeming adversary or argument:

The word you are looking for is connotation; it is not my fault you are unaware of that.

Your problem is you googled Strawman and just went with the first thing you found, not understanding there are more usages.  And even if my citations were indicated as "colloquial," they are still usages, perfectly valid usages.  

Edited by Resume
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

That’s why scientists have their own language.  

Yeah, you're all about the science!  Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Since you're all about the science can you answer stereologist's question.

I'm waiting for someone to tell us how triangulation was done on the show.

Edited by Resume
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked

This thread seems to have run it's course and derailed into bickering. As such, thread closed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1