Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skinwalker Ranch

Unusual Tournament

According to Grant Cameron in an interview with John Greenewald, jr, Skinwalker Ranch investigation done by Bigelow was all about paranormal events and nothing to do with UFOs.

I don't know as we hear so many stories but anyway, take it for what's it's worth. Here it is @ 1:01:00 into the interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Deurzzx3c&feature=youtu.be

Skinwalker ranch has everything supposedly.

Skinwalker ranch is incredibly active supposedly.

According to this article Bigelow sponsored the Skinwalker research into the paranormal finding nothing and then ceased operations there

https://www.wired.com/story/inside-robert-bigelows-decades-long-obsession-with-ufos/.

It is unclear if there was any effort at looking for UFOs at the Skinwalker ranch. 

@stereologist

In the video posted above, Grant talks about when Bob Bigelow's son past away that is when he got involved with the Skinwalker Ranch. ''Ufologists'' had it that it was all about aliens but I don't think there was anything worth investigating. In the very same interview Grant Cameron talks about the money side of the UFO subject so no wonder aliens are everywhere. :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Candor said:

@stereologist

In the video posted above, Grant talks about when Bob Bigelow's son past away that is when he got involved with the Skinwalker Ranch. ''Ufologists'' had it that it was all about aliens but I don't think there was anything worth investigating. In the very same interview Grant Cameron talks about the money side of the UFO subject so no wonder aliens are everywhere. :rolleyes:

The UFO stuff takes over afterward when he closes down the NIDS group and goes to MUFON.

That's about the time the flap starts up when he gets info that he should not have received. It contained personal information MUFON was not allowed to share.

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

Skinwalker ranch has everything supposedly.

Skinwalker ranch is incredibly active supposedly.

According to this article Bigelow sponsored the Skinwalker research into the paranormal finding nothing and then ceased operations there

https://www.wired.com/story/inside-robert-bigelows-decades-long-obsession-with-ufos/.

It is unclear if there was any effort at looking for UFOs at the Skinwalker ranch. 

"We've got something for everyone!"

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 5:06 PM, Jujo-jo said:

I like the history channel. I think some times they get it wrong on purpose trying to keep it from becoming a huge  tourist attraction.

Sadly, it's just because they get things wrong, a lot, although if I were a fan of the channel, I'd also rather believe it to be done on purpose. 

• Haha 1

The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch

to air on March 31st...

Edited by Jujo-jo

On 1/31/2020 at 11:43 PM, Captain Risky said:

Some have called it a supernatural place. Others have deemed it “cursed.” Terry Sherman got so spooked by the happenings on his new cattle ranch that 18 months after moving his family of four to the property now known by many as “Skinwalker Ranch” in southeastern Utah, he sold the 512-acre parcel away.

https://www.history.com/news/skinwalker-ranch-paranormal-ufos-mutilation

do you (personally) have a reason for starting this thread? just out of interest 

On 2/5/2020 at 11:16 PM, Candor said:

Grant Cameron talks about the money side of the UFO subject so no wonder aliens are everywhere.

yep

Have any of you watched (Night Mind, on YouTube?), He narrates some good paranormal stories including Ghosts, Cryptids and outright creepy video submissions! I take the stories with a grain of salt, but none the less, they are really interesting to listen to.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

"A sleepy ranch In Utah’s Uinta Basin has been the focus of decades of secretive scientific paranormal research and now it’s the focus of the History Channel reality series The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch.

"According to History, this is the first time TV cameras have been allowed on the ranch. The show’s team of scientists and experts, equipped with the “latest in cutting edge technology,” made shocking discoveries that one scientist describes as “phenomena that cannot be explained by human technology.”

"“I don’t like the word paranormal,” explains Astrophysicist Dr. Travis Taylor on a conference call with reporters, including Den of Geek.

"“I don’t like it at all because it suggests that something we see in the universe, and it exist within the universe, that it’s not supposed to be in the universe. And what I saw was within our universe. So to me, I’d say it’s normal. I would say it’s something that we just don’t understand and don’t know what it is.”"

Full monty at Den of Geek: Link

Trailer at ABC via Yahoo news: Link

• Like 1

For the last 10 years Travis Taylor has been on such TV shows as:

• Rocket City Rednecks
  • Life after People
  • Curse of Oak Island
  • Nasa's Unexplained Files

Now he is claiming they got evidence for something unusual.

http://www.ufojoe.net/travis-taylor-on-skinwalker-ranch

VAL3NTIN3S: Sooo, was there an actual finding?

TT: You need to watch the show to find out, but it’s going to blow your mind the definitive evidence and the information we’ve uncovered. I never once thought I’d have radiation sickness in my life… And that was just the beginning!

Skinwalkerranch: Have you seen any parallels between what is happening at Oak Island and Skinwalker Ranch?

TT: Interestingly enough, there has been some common threads from investigations on Oak Island, where there might be free mason connections, and Ancient Aliens, where there might be an ancient astronaut connection.

Wint81: Has the ranch ever made you feel bat**** crazy?

TT: Absolutely yes because I have missing time that I can’t explain.

Applepie1000: No offense, but the History Channel doesn’t imbue me with a sense of confidence regarding its ability to convey unbiased, unsensationalized, and unfiltered info. on the ranch. Why should I trust the show, and will there be other channels through which more authoritative reports of your work will be disseminated?

TT: Because I wouldn’t be involved in it if it were fake. Feel free to look up my credentials, publication history, and career background. Dr. Jim Segala and I are currently working on a peer-reviewable scientific paper for publication in respected scientific journals based on our research at the ranch.

I think I'll skip the show and wait for the paper to be published.

My question is about his publications. Not listed on Wikipedia which only listed his scifi stories.

But here is a list of publications. The list is  not all peer reviewed material. Focus Laser World for example is an industry magazine.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Travis_Taylor13

What is interesting about this list is that it includes quite a bit about lasers. 

• Like 2

i read in the phenomena magazine about the skinwalker ranch. i like the word that the autor use their "multicultural hotspot". Its a mistake to focus only one force on this places.  there are many actors.

• 2 years later...

Some truly strange things are going on out there.  I hope Travis can figure it out.  He is a bright boy with a PhD in engineering and optics.  It is sad that all the Bigelow research is DOD classified, thus forcing the current team to start from zero.  At least it keeps what might have been faulty data out of the current investigation.  I like the show.  It certainly has shown some interesting phenomena.  I was a software engineer for NASA, and my dad was an engineer for GE.  I think that, were I younger and in better health, it would be fun to be part of that investigation.

It would be a blast to investigate there. As long as you're prepared.

16 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Some truly strange things are going on out there.  I hope Travis can figure it out.  He is a bright boy with a PhD in engineering and optics.  It is sad that all the Bigelow research is DOD classified, thus forcing the current team to start from zero.  At least it keeps what might have been faulty data out of the current investigation.  I like the show.  It certainly has shown some interesting phenomena.  I was a software engineer for NASA, and my dad was an engineer for GE.  I think that, were I younger and in better health, it would be fun to be part of that investigation.

Welcome in to U-M, Mr Tibbs. 

If you started a thread on Skinwalker Ranch, I'd love to see it. I hear about it all the time on the Coast-to-Coast AM show. 

It's been two years and there is nothing from this Travis Taylor. That's plenty of time to write and submit an article.

Not even talk of being rejected. I'll venture that Travis made all of that writing a scientific article up.

Apparently, there is nothing of value coming out of Skinwalker Ranch. It was all a TV show with nothing but made up drama over nothing.

• Like 3

This week's show was good one. 1.6 GHZ. The voice playback was weird.

21 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

It would be a blast to investigate there. As long as you're prepared.

It'd be fun to camp with a few people and drink a bit and just go with the flow.   In my early years I would say it would be a blast to do it on LSD but I don't do that anymore.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

It'd be fun to camp with a few people and drink a bit and just go with the flow.   In my early years I would say it would be a blast to do it on LSD but I don't do that anymore.  

Not there on LSD. Sweet Jesus. If you were hanging and witnessed something, you'd probably die of a heart attack.

18 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

Not there on LSD. Sweet Jesus. If you were hanging and witnessed something, you'd probably die of a heart attack.

Back when I was 18, a buddy and I did LSD and hung out in a cemetery.   It was a blast, scary as heck at times and also funny.    I think I have done LSD 4 times in my life back in the mid to late 80's.  It was great during the peaks but the ride down took way to long. 

• Like 2

Never had any desire to do LSD, now, or when I was young. I do think something is going on there, but what, I can't say. Have watched the show and it is interesting. Also, Ghost Adventures went to Mt.Wilson Ranch., think it is also in Utah. It was also owned by Bob Bigelow according to what they stated on the show. It too has hauntings and what could be  UFOs. By the way, what is it with Utah?  Couple of places they investigated there had ties to witchcraft.

Here where I'm at,  with a large hispanic  population, you have  places like Papa Jim's Botanica,  and curandos)healers) and brujas (witches both good and those who work the dark side) , but outside of when they were in Laredo or El Paso to investigate a residental hotel and a cemetery where the Night Stalker Richard Ramirez hung out as a kid, most of our stuff here is pretty mundane. Oh by the way, head the place they checked out burned down.

• The topic was locked