Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skinwalker Ranch

Unusual Tournament

On 6/8/2022 at 4:48 PM, stereologist said:

False. Speaking does not mean a story is told.

There is no reason for anyone to disprove or debunk or show why an idea is to be rejected. It is up to the supporters to back up a story. Unless someone can back up this story it should remain in everyone's mind as a story.

PS.I know about HIPAA.

In my opinion, the show is entertaining I try to watch it every week. Do the anomalies they show really happen? I don't know. I think the show is akin to Oak Island. They're not going to definitely prove anything, the same as Oak Island, they're not going to find a massive treasure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

So the original group that used some lame tests claimed brain injury but the group that did look inside saw no brain injury.

So you are sticking with those that made a wild eyed guess

American embassy personnel have the best medical treatment you can get, I am sure the tests they administered were NOT lame, nor did they all go with "wild guesses".
Saying that a patient has brain damage is a very serious diagnosis, you characterization of the process is as if they threw darts against the wall. 

• Like 1

No skinwalkers, shapeshifters, chupacabras, UFOs, vampires, unicorns, decepticons, etc. I've now wasted my time watching this show to get up to speed.

Now that I'm caught up, this show is trash. They've taken the production scheme of Oak Island and slapped it on this nonsense.

Hard pass, unsubscribe.

• Like 2

Getting back to the topic of this thread. The show is not science or being run as a science show.

If that were the case we'd have people on the show making testable statements. Then they would propose an experiment. Before the audience of dubious intellect can say "what about" the actors would discuss limitations of their findings. Then they would decide how to collect information and do it. There would be processing of the results and a "reveal".

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Getting back to the topic of this thread. The show is not science or being run as a science show.

If that were the case we'd have people on the show making testable statements. Then they would propose an experiment. Before the audience of dubious intellect can say "what about" the actors would discuss limitations of their findings. Then they would decide how to collect information and do it. There would be processing of the results and a "reveal".

Exactly. I'll add that if there was anything of interest or merit there would be plenty of scientists, researchers, and journalists crawling all over the place. It would stand to reason like many other "out there" phenomenon discussed here, they would want to be the ones to crack the case or be the first ones to discover the cause of the alleged events (stories). 

Alas, nothing but the usual "Can you see that???" "Did you hear that????" rubbish we've seen countless times on other shows.

At least with Oak Island the alleged item(s) of interest are buried somewhere. They can keep digging holes (moving goalposts) for a couple more seasons.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4

People that do real science probably do not watch the show.

On the other hand they might be playing the science version of "hi bob". It was a game in which those in the room sipped a beer if anyone on the show said "hi bob". Another version of the game is to be able to sip your beer if you are the first to spot an anti-science or nonscientific comment on the show. I don't advocate the game since it could be deadly with a show such as this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Trelane said:

Exactly. I'll add that if there was anything of interest or merit there would be plenty of scientists, researchers, and journalists crawling all over the place. It would stand to reason like many other "out there" phenomenon discussed here they would want to be the ones to crack the case or be the first ones to discover the cause of the alleged events (stories). 

Alas, nothing but the usual "Can you see that???" "Dis you hear that????" rubbish we've seen countless times on other shows.

At least with Oak Island the alleged item(s) of interest are buried somewhere. They can keep digging holes (moving goalposts) for a couple more seasons.

Anyone that works in a science lab knows that high precision instruments need constant care. Problems need to be checked and resolved. Testing may not be easy.

Yet, the audience thinks you look at a reading and it is 100% accurate correct and cannot be disputed. Sorry, that is not how things work

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Trelane said:

Have they found the skinwalker yet?

They found the ranch if nothing else.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Such a cool description of 60s B-movies. Just listened to some podcasts and this is deliciously in line with those tales.

It's more in line with the Late Great Frank Zappa and The Mother's of Invention:

That's right folks...don't touch that dial!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Exactly. I'll add that if there was anything of interest or merit there would be plenty of scientists, researchers, and journalists crawling all over the place.

Would you describe yourself as a journalist or a scientist?

Thread cleaned

Keep it civil please folks - there are way too many derogatory personal remarks being thrown around in this thread.

Name-calling and insults have no place here.

• Like 3

On 6/10/2022 at 10:45 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

American embassy personnel have the best medical treatment you can get, I am sure the tests they administered were NOT lame, nor did they all go with "wild guesses".
Saying that a patient has brain damage is a very serious diagnosis, you characterization of the process is as if they threw darts against the wall. 

The embassy personnel were checked outside of the medical treatment offered to the personnel. You are welcome to find out how the original testing was performed. It was LAME. The second round of testing was done using brain imaging tools.

And as we learn when the brains were actually imaged there was no brain damage.

As pointed out by the second team, when the first team suspected brain damage they should have followed up but they did not.

Speculating about what was done is simple to fix. Read the 2019 study and see what the second round of testing had to say about the first round team.

There was no brain damage in the mass hysteria event that occurred in Havana Cuba.

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

The embassy personnel were checked outside of the medical treatment offered to the personnel. You are welcome to find out how the original testing was performed. It was LAME. The second round of testing was done using brain imaging tools.

And as we learn when the brains were actually imaged there was no brain damage.

As pointed out by the second team, when the first team suspected brain damage they should have followed up but they did not.

Speculating about what was done is simple to fix. Read the 2019 study and see what the second round of testing had to say about the first round team.

There was no brain damage in the mass hysteria event that occurred in Havana Cuba.

Tell me... what ignited this case of "mass hysteria"??? <smile>

you're so gullible, it's no wonder why propaganda works. "mass hysteria" <shakes head> :no:

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Tell me... what ignited this case of "mass hysteria"??? <smile>

you're so gullible, it's no wonder why propaganda works. "mass hysteria" <shakes head> :no:

It was clearly a case of mass hysteria at Havana Cuba. The evidence is overwhelming. Including the easy identification of the recorded sounds as the mating call of a cricket.

Your confusion on the events is clearly tied into your lack of knowledge of what happened and the follow up investigations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

It was clearly a case of mass hysteria at Havana Cuba. The evidence is overwhelming. Including the easy identification of the recorded sounds as the mating call of a cricket.

Your confusion on the events is clearly tied into your lack of knowledge of what happened and the follow up investigations.

So, you actually believe that people could suffer a form of mass hysteria that leads to brain damage from the sound of mating crickets?  Ok then.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

So, you actually believe that people could suffer a form of mass hysteria that leads to brain damage from the sound of mating crickets?  Ok then.

No. There was no brain damage. The strange sound was recorded by some of those with Havana syndrome and it was easily determined to be a cricket mating call.

So if you actually read my posts and also have some inkling of the events then you wouldn't post the absurdity that you did.

Here are some basic questions you might consider?

1. Where were the people when they decided they were under some sort of attack?
  2. Why were the people thinking a sound had anything to do with it?
  3. Where did this notion of brain damage come from?
  4. What test was done to show that there was no brain damage?
  5. What question was posed to people outside of the Havana embassy group that added to the illusion of a widespread problem?
  6. How many people are not considered to be victims of Havana syndrome?
  7. Why was the use of a sonic weapon discarded?
  8. Why does a microwave weapon make little to no sense?
  9. Why were the hundreds of people that were outside of Cuba removed from the list of HS sufferers?

You can probably add many more questions to this list.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Guyver said:

Ever heard of something called Operation Crimson Mist?

Here is a link to BardsFM  where it is discussed, where the government used specific sound waves to not just cause mass hysteria in Rwanda, it drove them into committing one of the bloodiest genocide's in human history. 

There are even some conspiracy theories that a more modern version was used during the BLM/Antifa riots to turn up the violence and on Jan 6th do get people to do things they would not ordinarily do it just did not work as well as they wanted because the Jan 6th protesters were inherently less prone to violence than the BLM/Antifa protesters..

9 hours ago, stereologist said:

No. There was no brain damage. The strange sound was recorded by some of those with Havana syndrome and it was easily determined to be a cricket mating call.

So if you actually read my posts and also have some inkling of the events then you wouldn't post the absurdity that you did.

Here are some basic questions you might consider?

1. Where were the people when they decided they were under some sort of attack?
  2. Why were the people thinking a sound had anything to do with it?
  3. Where did this notion of brain damage come from?
  4. What test was done to show that there was no brain damage?
  5. What question was posed to people outside of the Havana embassy group that added to the illusion of a widespread problem?
  6. How many people are not considered to be victims of Havana syndrome?
  7. Why was the use of a sonic weapon discarded?
  8. Why does a microwave weapon make little to no sense?
  9. Why were the hundreds of people that were outside of Cuba removed from the list of HS sufferers?

You can probably add many more questions to this list.

Before I consider your questions, I would like to say that people working at Skinwalker ranch have actually suffered traumatic brain injuries as a result of their exposure to whatever it is, and this was also claimed to have occurred earlier during the rearch there in the nineties.  As i said, this is all claimed “fact” from separate television networks who produce they docu-drama style shows that are so popular.  Now, if you’d like to believe that everything you see on tv is fake, that’s your right.  I don’t think that way personally.  I watch the news and generally believe what is being reported.  So, if they tell me a tornado is headed my way, I’m going to believe it and take defensive action.

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Before I consider your questions, I would like to say that people working at Skinwalker ranch have actually suffered traumatic brain injuries as a result of their exposure to whatever it is, and this was also claimed to have occurred earlier during the rearch there in the nineties.  As i said, this is all claimed “fact” from separate television networks who produce they docu-drama style shows that are so popular.  Now, if you’d like to believe that everything you see on tv is fake, that’s your right.  I don’t think that way personally.  I watch the news and generally believe what is being reported.  So, if they tell me a tornado is headed my way, I’m going to believe it and take defensive action.

When you say people that would indicate more than one person. I'm only seeing something about Tom Winterton.  He sustained alleged head injuries but was never diagnosed with TBI. 

I wouldn't embellish an already laughable turd of a fable that el rancho has already become.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

Would you might supporting that claim? It's easy to claim traumatic rain injury, but much harder to support such a story.

And please don't equate the news with a dumb show like the Skinwalker ranch goofy show.

I've done several searches and cannot find any instance of a report of "traumatic brain injuries" during the time of NIDS and after that time when Bigelow still owned the property. The Winterton episode is supposedly because he was digging, and digging is supposed to cause trouble.

Edited by stereologist

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

Before I consider your questions, I would like to say that people working at Skinwalker ranch have actually suffered traumatic brain injuries as a result of their exposure to whatever it is, and this was also claimed to have occurred earlier during the rearch there in the nineties.  

CANE!

Claims Are Not Evidence.  Neither are assertions.  Also, reality shows are not real.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked