Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A modern day prophet?

Jujo-jo

4 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I was banned for a while. My 'unique' commentary was just ahead of its time.

You mean like a hockey player for cross checking?  Welcome back.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

Looks like grandma's side of the family to me...  ; ) & with a peace pipe ; )

Just a word here Jujo-jo, Piney is the real Algonquin deal.  He has a pretty remarkable history and academic qualifications in more than 1 field.

I don't know of any plains people, Lakota or Blackfeet, who would call that a peace pipe. That is a whole other tradition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

There's no such thing as a "Peace Pipe". A chuunupaa is a Ceremonial Pipe for all ceremonies and consultations. 

Oh good, good to know, serves the same purpose as a hookah pipe? Celebrate! 

But not for predicting the future, ok I get it now, thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Just a word here Jujo-jo, Piney is the real Algonquin deal.  He has a pretty remarkable history and academic qualifications in more than 1 field.

I don't know of any plains people, Lakota or Blackfeet, who would call that a peace pipe. That is a whole other tradition.

Yes he is very knowledgeable I appreciate that. And yes as I'm learning... Thanks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jujo-jo said:

Oh good, good to know, serves the same purpose as a hookah pipe? Celebrate! 

No. A C'anupa,  the spelling I picked up, is a sacred pipe used in ceremonies as Piney has said.  Some might tell you that the pipe has a spirit of its own that is neither good nor bad, just power. Some folks use it as a  focus for their personal power, . At least for the Lakota and the associated people that practice sweats in the Lakota tradition, it is a sacred object.

Now me, I am no expert, I am just a white guy who has spent some years sweating with friends, sharing some good times and bad  and listening to what they have to say

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

No. A C'anupa,  the spelling I picked up, is a sacred pipe used in ceremonies as Piney has said.  Some might tell you that the pipe has a spirit of its own that is neither good nor bad, just power. Some folks use it as a  focus for their personal power, . At least for the Lakota and the associated people that practice sweats in the Lakota tradition, it is a sacred object.

Now me, I am no expert, I am just a white guy who has spent some years sweating with friends, sharing some good times and bad  and listening to what they have to say

Thanks! That helps!

• Like 1

Just now, Tatetopa said:

That's how the Lakota pronounce it and you are spot on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yet you hate her, but love Nostradamus. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

Yet you hate her, but love Nostradamus. 

Who does? 

• Like 1

Our world is simply a changing ever developing play. Each of our actions contributes to the whole, i really dont believe we are on any type of a set course.

• Like 1

What makes a good prophet is how vague their predictions are.  Too specific and they'll be wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

Hmmm yeah I read a little about that but people arent magical and cant just MAKE things happen but according go the book  "The Secret" I guess they claim it can, umm I dont know if that were really true, we'd have world peace and no sickness and we'd all be rich!? No?

Here's an experiment anyone can try including you. Before you go anywhere, think about finding a quarter. Then as you're walking keep a casual eye on the ground. See how much change you can find in a week, month, or year. Get back to me on this after a week of trying.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Piney said:

I've told him many times I will fix anything that's incorrect. I've been a editor there for a while.

13 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

He's just handwave you away. 

Well to repeat myself then Rational Wiki is nothing more than a collection of anti-paranormal commentators in one place. 'Rational' to me requires giving all sides fair play. And they call those articles? 'Irrational' is only listening to the people you like criticizing the other side.

For any mature observer of the field we see their formula for writing articles and just roll our eyes. They collect all the negative from typically the usual gang of pseudo-skeptics and quote them. 

It gives that group of anti-paranormalists and pseudo-skeptics some no effort required links to use on this forum though.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well to repeat myself then Rational Wiki is nothing more than a collection of anti-paranormal commentators in one place. 'Rational' to me requires giving all sides fair play. And they call those articles? 'Irrational' is only listening to the people you like criticizing the other side.

For any mature observer of the field we see their formula for writing articles and just roll our eyes. They collect all the negative from typically the usual gang of pseudo-skeptics and quote them. 

It gives that group of anti-paranormalists and pseudo-skeptics some no effort required links to use on this forum though.

So nothing. There is nothing on there that you can point to that is not factual. Got it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prophetic dreams, I have had a number. The events could not have been reasonably foretold. Sometimes the information was even able to be monetized. Knee-jerk rejection of the idea is more a commentary on the scoffer, than anything. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So nothing. There is nothing on there that you can point to that is not factual. Got it.

So why keep coming back to the well, that you are so sure is dry, hmm ?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Habitat said:

So why keep coming back to the well, that you are so sure is dry, hmm ?

The **** are you even on about now? 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The **** are you even on about now? 

It's like this, you are adamant the so-called paranormal, is total BS, but you keep talking about it. Why ?  What's the attraction with talking about the water that isn't there, in the dry well?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

It's like this, you are adamant the so-called paranormal, is total BS, but you keep talking about it. Why ?  What's the attraction with talking about the water that isn't there, in the dry well?

Why are you so concerned with what I do? I;m killing tine at work, if you must know. I don't give two ****s what you and george want to pretend is real.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Why are you so concerned with what I do? I;m killing tine at work, if you must know. I don't give two ****s what you and george want to pretend is real.

I don't think that quite covers it. Maybe the papameter will tell more !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Maybe the papameter will tell more !

The papameter will no doubt find in favor of the paranormal. If i were a betting man, I'd claim there were bias involved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

All it does is quote other pseudoskeptics. Ya, the pseudoskeptic probably said that but so what. Whether the pseudoskeptic was fair and correct becomes the real question.

It’s pseudoskeptics quoting other pseudoskeptics. You’re not going to learn the truth that way.

• Like 1

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The papameter will no doubt find in favor of the paranormal. If i were a betting man, I'd claim there were bias involved.

I'll grant the papameter seems a little inaccurate at times ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

@HabitatJumping in. What are you guys looking for a reading on?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

I'll grant the papameter seems a little inaccurate at times ;)

Point it out at the time then.