Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A modern day prophet?

Jujo-jo

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

@HabitatJumping in. What are you guys looking for a reading on?

I was looking for a reading on the gorilla's claim that his interest in anti-paranormal business was simply a way of "killing time" What does the papameter say about that ? I'm saying it is BS !

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Point it out at the time then.

I think I have a couple of times, the default has to be "not paranormal", I think you have been very "generous" toward some pretty silly posters who see ghosts in posted pics, that no-one else seems to be able to see, for example. But, I am in no doubt there is another realm that people are frightened of, for some reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

I was looking for a reading on the gorilla's claim that his interest in anti-paranormal business was simply a way of "killing time" What does the papameter say about that ? I'm saying it is BS !

My thought is that @Imaginarynumber1 is typical of many. He likes the idea of intellectually scoffing at believers (probably an atheist-materialist bent too) as silly laughable types. But when the serious evidence keeps being claimed their ego defense and acrimony get fired up. And they’re then hooked to the forum because they know we know they haven’t won.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I think I have a couple of times, the default has to be "not paranormal", I think you have been very "generous" toward some pretty silly posters who see ghosts in posted pics, that no-one else seems to be able to see, for example. But, I am in no doubt there is another realm that people are frightened of, for some reason.

Bring it on with the next specific example.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Bring it on with the next specific example.

Will do !

9 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I used to be all in favor of the paranormal. Used to love it, study it ,seek it out. But time and time again, it turns out to be bunk. It just isn't real. 

And i have another 9 hours at work with nothing going on, so i'm going to bother people on UM and watch netflix all night.

• Like 2

My thought is that @Imaginarynumber1 is typical of many. He likes the idea of intellectually scoffing at believers (probably an atheist-materialist bent too) as silly laughable types. But when the serious evidence keeps being claimed their ego defense and acrimony get fired up. And they’re then hooked to the forum because they know we know they haven’t won.

As so often, you are wrong. I could explain why, but that would take the mystery away, and if i'm being honest, I just don't like you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it is a complex matter of psychology. We know that the capacious unconscious mind runs well of the conscious, the latter being rather conservative. The intuitions that arise about another realm of reality, petition for attention, beneath the threshold of consciousness. If unable to be readily assimilated, it will be expressed as a resistance, in the form of what we see so much of, on these boards. But with some people, the intuitions are given perhaps too much free rein, and largely because of a weak conscious position, where rationalism is not  given its proper due. Hence you get people who once "believed" too readily, looking to strengthen the rational, and people who have been overly rational, struggling to maintain the status quo, as the unconscious intuitions beat on the door of the mind.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

Prophetic dreams, I have had a number. The events could not have been reasonably foretold. Sometimes the information was even able to be monetized....

I have to be honest here, I have too! I dont really think it's a big deal tho, I dont think I'm special in any way, what I do often wonder though is where the info comes from tho, how does it even happen, it must be an outside source OR it is internally from a part of our brains that we do not understand yet. And sometimes I wonder why but I love getting a heads up on things.

3 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

I have to be honest here, I have too! I dont really think it's a big deal tho, I dont think I'm special in any way, what I do often wonder though is where the info comes from tho, how does it even happen, it must be an outside source OR it is internally from a part of our brains that we do not understand yet. And sometimes I wonder why but I love getting a heads up on things.

One can only wonder, but is clearly non-prosaic, whatever might explain it. I doubt there is a rational explanation.

• Thanks 1

Ummm...  I dont mean to make anyone mad & hope we all can still be friends after you read this but I kind of think that the gorilla has had SOME kind of something go on. First off, I think everyone that has joined this site "unexplained mysteries" has had at least one experience of some kind or as another in one area or another this is how most members find the site to begin with, yes some might become members just for the ancient unexplained and archeology topics,  but then my friend... the name "imaginary number one" tells my "psychic abilities" lol that there's more to this story then we know ; )

15 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I think it is a complex matter of psychology. We know that the capacious unconscious mind runs well of the conscious, the latter being rather conservative. The intuitions that arise about another realm of reality, petition for attention, beneath the threshold of consciousness. If unable to be readily assimilated, it will be expressed as a resistance, in the form of what we see so much of, on these boards. But with some people, the intuitions are given perhaps too much free rein, and largely because of a weak conscious position, where rationalism is not  given its proper due. Hence you get people who once "believed" too readily, looking to strengthen the rational, and people who have been overly rational, struggling to maintain the status quo, as the unconscious intuitions beat on the door of the mind.

Thats intetesting! Yes intuition plays a big role in it and everyone has intuition correct?

I think the prophet or physic bility or gift or sense can also be worked with and enhanced, to a point.?

I probably get as annoyed by people who routinely default to wacky explanations as any of the "mad" skeptics, but they over-cook it by trying to nuke all "woo". Not scientific thinking.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I threshold of psychology. We know that arise about arise about arise about arise about arise about anothe latter of psychold of the conservative. The latter reality, petitionservative. The cons the that anothe latter being rath the complex matter of conscious, that another being rather reality, petition for atter beneath that that another of psychology. We know ther of complex mattention, beneath the intuitionscious mind runs well of psychold of reality, petitionscious mind runs the lattention.

If unable to be rein, and largely assimilated, in the intuition, what will be ration, and largely because boards. But we see ration, what will be expresistance, intuitionalism is not  given it will be expressed assimilated, its properhaps too much of a resistance, in the form of a resistance, the in these of a rein, and largely because of where given people, intuitions are resistance, the intuition, and largely as are given it weak cons are ration, and largely be resistance, its proper due?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I threshold of psychology. We know that arise about arise about arise about arise about arise about anothe latter of psychold of the conservative. The latter reality, petitionservative. The cons the that anothe latter being rath the complex matter of conscious, that another being rather reality, petition for atter beneath that that another of psychology. We know ther of complex mattention, beneath the intuitionscious mind runs well of psychold of reality, petitionscious mind runs the lattention.

If unable to be rein, and largely assimilated, in the intuition, what will be ration, and largely because boards. But we see ration, what will be expresistance, intuitionalism is not  given it will be expressed assimilated, its properhaps too much of a resistance, in the form of a resistance, the in these of a rein, and largely because of where given people, intuitions are resistance, the intuition, and largely as are given it weak cons are ration, and largely be resistance, its proper due?

Have an aspirin and a good sit down

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I'm so bored

What topics do interest you? (If you be working, it must be slow tonight, a??

6 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

What topics do interest you? (If you be working, it must be slow tonight, a??

It's always slow this time of year. I'm alternating between practicing my piano skills and watching my stories

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well to repeat myself then Rational Wiki is nothing more than a collection of anti-paranormal commentators in one place. 'Rational' to me requires giving all sides fair play. And they call those articles? 'Irrational' is only listening to the people you like criticizing the other side.

For any mature observer of the field we see their formula for writing articles and just roll our eyes. They collect all the negative from typically the usual gang of pseudo-skeptics and quote them. 

It gives that group of anti-paranormalists and pseudo-skeptics some no effort required links to use on this forum though.

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

Prophetic dreams, I have had a number. The events could not have been reasonably foretold. Sometimes the information was even able to be monetized. Knee-jerk rejection of the idea is more a commentary on the scoffer, than anything. 

Are the prophets claims, intuition, mystic, clairvoyance, physic abilities and dreams of the future that come true are these all the same thing?

And i would think / guess it all comes from the same out side sourse or same area internally area of the brain?...

58 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

If the quantum isn't reined, then it's assimilated in the universal hive field of the woo borg mind found in the superlaterated planes of the higher federation. 

Ya feel my alpha quadrant dominion soul? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jujo-jo said:

Are the prophets claims, intuition, mystic, clairvoyance, physic abilities and dreams of the future that come true are these all the same thing?

And i would think / guess it all comes from the same out side sourse or same area internally area of the brain?...

I don;t think we know, you can have intuitions that don't involve seeing the future, similarly clairvoyance, psychic abilities, if we accept they exist, but prediction of the future messes with free will. Seemingly !

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Now I get it!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

If the quantum isn't reined, then it's assimilated in the universal hive field of the woo borg mind found in the superlaterated planes of the higher federation. 

Exactly! We have be in the common the x-axis the stant actionstant acceleration, this for cons be in causing on the relations be in this force, for of mass m, will produce on a. Let people work done been of this then the particle work door of mass m, will produce a displacement accelerational, as too readily, looking on displacement x? We have, for constant acceleration, then overly rational, struggling too readily, looking once you get people in causing a displacement acceleration a particle who have forever woo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

but prediction of the future messes with free will. Seemingly !

Only if there is one set future

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't worry, I already believe some here are half-mad.

• Sad 1