Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Me and my wife's weird experience

K9Buck

Back in around 2003 my wife and I were sitting in our home, all alone, going over some financials.  The TV was off and nothing playing on a computer, radio, etc.  In fact, it was mostly dead silence.  Then, we heard the voice of her brother, calling her name.  I looked at her and asked "Did you hear that?" to which she responded, "Yea, it's my brother".  The problem, however, was that her brother was at a Clearwater Beach hotel and we were at our home in central Florida.  We had been at the beach earlier in the day with them before driving home.  My wife called her brother and, as expected, he told her that they were in their hotel room, 90 miles away.  

It never happened again.  We have no explanation for it.  By chance, do you?

Edited by K9Buck
  • Like 5

No clue here but good luck and thanks for sharing very interesting. & Welcome to the forum.

Edited by Jujo-jo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is a mimic, and while most of the posters in this topic are long gone, still you might like reading through this old thread. I glanced through it and Loonboy on page 1 sums it up pretty accurately. Welcome to the forum :) 

• Like 4

PS the story the OP of that topic was calling a mimic (female following him for a long time etc ) is not one, technically, but, ...whatever. A mimic is what you describe.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

It is a mimic, and while most of the posters in this topic are long gone, still you might like reading through this old thread. I glanced through it and Loonboy on page 1 sums it up pretty accurately. Welcome to the forum :) 

Now that makes sense.  Thank you!!!

Now I wonder, why?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

Now I wonder, why?

Totally random.  That is what makes research basically impossible regarding some of these things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Totally random.  That is what makes research basically impossible regarding some of these things.

Spiritual trolling?  

:huh:

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Back in around 2003 my wife and I were sitting in our home, all alone, going over some financials..

You had what's called a "False Arrival" in the paranormal world and is a fairly common thing where somebody hears somebody arrive but when they look there's nobody there.

They usually happen if your mind is concentrating on a task (like your financial stuff), the same thing happened to the boss of a company who was working alone late one evening concentrating on doing the accounts when he heard footsteps stop outside the door. "Well come in then!" he said, but nobody did, and when he opened the door to look there was nobody there.

I had a False Arrival myself some years ago when I was concentrating on building a fiddly model ship up in my room and I heard the family come back from a shopping trip, but when I went down to greet them there was nobody there.

So it's possible that if our mind is concentrating on something, our tired minds becomes open to paranormal phenomena as if power is being drained from our natural "psychic shields"..Perhaps that's why the sabbath is meant as a day of rest so that we can "recharge" our shields?

Edited by Crikey

11 hours ago, K9Buck said:

One possibility is that he was dreaming at the time and astral projected to her. It may be related to the doppelganger phenomena where a person appears in two places at once with a psychic double.

I would have asked if he was napping/sleeping at the time of the voice but since it was in 2003 it's too late now. And the fact that that you both heard it and are motivated to start a thread about it 17 years later is impressive to me.

Well from the quantity. quality and consistency of stories I've heard over my lifetime, phantoms and phantom voices may be rare but they do somehow occur.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

It's not always negative. I had one bring me migraine medication in bed once. 

I know it sounds crazy, but I took the medication, he kissed me on my forehead and walked out of the room....then I rolled over and he was still in bed sound asleep. 

When he woke up, we talked about it and he said he had not brought it to me. The meds and cup of water were on the night stand.

I would have sworn it was him. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Back in around 2003 my wife and I were sitting in our home, all alone, going over some financials.  The TV was off and nothing playing on a computer, radio, etc.  In fact, it was mostly dead silence.  Then, we heard the voice of her brother, calling her name.  I looked at her and asked "Did you hear that?" to which she responded, "Yea, it's my brother".  The problem, however, was that her brother was at a Clearwater Beach hotel and we were at our home in central Florida.  We had been at the beach earlier in the day with them before driving home.  My wife called her brother and, as expected, he told her that they were in their hotel room, 90 miles away.  

Do you think this has anything to do with your imortality. 

Peace

What might be unique here is that both my wife and I heard it.  I asked her "Did you hear that?" and she said "Yea, it was my brother".  How common is it for two people to hear such a thing?  By the way, we were both completely sober and neither of us has a history of hearing voices, etc.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K9Buck said:

What might be unique here is that both my wife and I heard it.  I asked her "Did you hear that?" and she said "Yea, it was my brother".  How common is it for two people to hear such a thing?  By the way, we were both completely sober and neither of us has a history of hearing voices, etc.  

It's not common for two people to hear that but I feel if people are close,such as brothers and sisters, they can remotely communicate over distances as my brother and I did.You may have picked it up being spiritually close to your wife.If so it is a very special relationship you have.

21 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Neither do I have an explanation, but many years ago I was dating a man in the Air Force who got a leave where he could go home for a short while.  He was driving from San Antonio, Tx to West Virginia.  When he got back to San Antonio he asked me if I had been thinking of him real hard at such-and-such time and and I said yes, but why?   He said he pulled off the highway on the way to West Virginia to nap,   and at the time he asked me if I had thought about him he clearly heard my voice say his name out loud.  I'm sure there is a name for this phenomenon but don't know what.  Mental telepathy maybe?

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Neither do I have an explanation, but many years ago I was dating a man in the Air Force who got a leave where he could go home for a short while.  He was driving from San Antonio, Tx to West Virginia.  When he got back to San Antonio he asked me if I had been thinking of him real hard at such-and-such time and and I said yes, but why?   He said he pulled off the highway on the way to West Virginia to nap,   and at the time he asked me if I had thought about him he clearly heard my voice say his name out loud.  I'm sure there is a name for this phenomenon but don't know what.  Mental telepathy maybe?

These weren't "impure" thoughts, were they ? :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dustyrose33 said:

This is why Golden Earring came up with the song "Radar Love" 

I swear if my husbands been gone, I can feel it when he's on his way home and there's been times I've started to worry and was going to call him but then that "feeling" hits and sure enough within 10 minutes he's pulling in the driveway, this is dead on it doesng matter how long he's been gone could an hour or 4 hrs. I just know I also know when he's stops by our cabin, I can FEEL it, I call him and every time, dead on correct!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Habitat said:

These weren't "impure" thoughts, were they ? :P

No (lol) I was hoping he made it to West Virginia ok, which he did.

Edited by Dustyrose33

6 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

This is why Golden Earring came up with the song "Radar Love" 

I swear if my husbands been gone, I can feel it when he's on his way home and there's been times I've started to worry and was going to call him but then that "feeling" hits and sure enough within 10 minutes he's pulling in the driveway, this is dead on it doesng matter how long he's been gone could an hour or 4 hrs. I just know I also know when he's stops by our cabin, I can FEEL it, I call him and every time, dead on correct!

I don't know how many times I've called someone, and they say "oh I was just thinking of you", or "I was just going to call you".

• Like 1

13 hours ago, openozy said:

If so it is a very special relationship you have.

Well, actually, we divorced 7 years later.  Fortunately, I am VERY happily remarried.  :)

12 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Well, actually, we divorced 7 years later.  Fortunately, I am VERY happily remarried.  :)

Good on you,you may have been too close with the other partner,like close relatives annoy us at times.

On 1/31/2020 at 10:04 PM, K9Buck said:

No.  I don’t have any experience with this exact thing but I do know for a fact that husbands and wives can have some weird experiences together.  Before the invention of cell phones, my wife and I could sometimes communicate with some form of esp.  FWIW.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe, you had a audio or video/audio recording of the brother calling the name, and accidently played the clip/audio without realising it. 

On 2/1/2020 at 10:23 PM, K9Buck said:

This has happened to me and my ex husband.  While we were still together we were sitting up in bed, both reading, and we both heard our elder daughter call out, 'Dad'.  She was out at the time (aged about 19 or 20) and the voice seemed to come from the path at the side of the house.  We assumed she had lost her key.  Looked.  She wasn't there.  When she did come in she confirmed she hadn’t been in any distress or danger at any time that evening.  We assumed she had been in distress of some sort and had called out (mentally or literally) for help.  This was 30+years ago now and it never happened again.  To this day, no idea what it was all about.