Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Communicating with spirts, a bad idea?

K9Buck

By doing so, doesn't one risk being possessed by a demon?  I know the bible says that we should have nothing to do with mediums, psychics, etc., although I presume that most here don't believe that the bible is credible.  I have read and hear various accounts of people playing with Ouija boards, etc., and then becoming possessed.  What are your thoughts?   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

By doing so, doesn't one risk being possessed by a demon?  I know the bible says that we should have nothing to do with mediums, psychics, etc., although I presume that most here don't believe that the bible is credible.  I have read and hear various accounts of people playing with Ouija boards, etc., and then becoming possessed.  What are your thoughts?   

I have no idea I have been possessed for a long time!!:devil:

Welocome tooo theee forummm

Peaceee:w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not a good idea. Been there, done that, never will do it again. Weather it's all in the mind or something else I don't know...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

Not a good idea. Been there, done that, never will do it again. Weather it's all in the mind or something else I don't know...

In the early 90's I was at a party and someone broke out a Ouija board.  I was skeptical but I took a crack at it.  Myself and some other guy put our fingers on the thing that moves around and, to my surprise, it accurately answered some simple questions that nobody could have known.  I wondered if, somehow, I was subconsciously using my finger to move the thing to the correct letters.  I stepped out and someone else took my place.  I asked them to ask the "spirit" a question that neither of them would know.  I asked, and then they asked, "What are the first letters of the first names of my nephews".  I didn't state how many nephews I had, so the "spirit" would not only have to know how many that I have, but then would also have to know their names.  Anyway, the thing moved to the letter "R", then to the letter "J" and then to the letter "M" and that was it.  I have three nephews.  Their names are Russell, Jeffrey and Mathew.  

I never touched one again.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

In the early 90's I was at a party and someone broke out a Ouija board.  I was skeptical but I took a crack at it.  Myself and some other guy put our fingers on the thing that moves around and, to my surprise, it accurately answered some simple questions that nobody could have known.  I wondered if, somehow, I was subconsciously using my finger to move the thing to the correct letters.  I stepped out and someone else took my place.  I asked them to ask the "spirit" a question that neither of them would know.  I asked, and then they asked, "What are the first letters of the first names of my nephews".  I didn't state how many nephews I had, so the "spirit" would not only have to know how many that I have, but then would also have to know their names.  Anyway, the thing moved to the letter "R", then to the letter "J" and then to the letter "M" and that was it.  I have three nephews.  Their names are Russell, Jeffrey and Mathew.  

I never touched one again.  

This is what happens when your possessed.

Peaceeee

IMG_0227.JPG

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

I believe what the Bible says about communicating with the dead and demon possession.  Most here think that's ridiculous and a sign of ignorance at the same time they are completely credulous about UFOs and BigFoot ;) 

Welcome to UM, Buck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It depends on the person and I do not recommend it when I am asked about it. 

The problem is that people have an alarming ability to haunt themselves.

It takes a certain mentality to really work with this arena well, and that sort of person is not likely to be asking if it is safe anyway. 

Don't listen to Manwon, he plainly does not put jalapenos on his pizza so no cred at all there LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Go for it! In fact, play with all the Ouija boards you want. I'll even find you some summoning rituals from the religion of your choosing! Christianity actually has a LOT. Play with ghosts and spirits all you want. Nothing wrong with a healthy imagination, after all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Go for it! In fact, play with all the Ouija boards you want. I'll even find you some summoning rituals from the religion of your choosing! Christianity actually has a LOT. Play with ghosts and spirits all you want. Nothing wrong with a healthy imagination, after all.

Are you a Buckeye?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

Are you a Buckeye?

I went to OSU and live in Columbus. Not a football fan, though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I went to OSU and live in Columbus. Not a football fan, though.

Oh.  I went there too.  I grew up outside of Westerville.   I'm a fanatical Buckeye. 

38 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

Put your faith in the Lord Jesus and His protection.   The Bible says don't have anything to do with those things, then don't.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

Oh.  I went there too.  I grew up outside of Westerville.   I'm a fanatical Buckeye. 

Most people here are. I watched grown men cry when osu lost a couple weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, K9Buck said:

although I presume that most here don't believe that the bible is credible.

Not me anyways:whistle:

1 hour ago, and then said:

I believe what the Bible says about communicating with the dead and demon possession.  Most here think that's ridiculous and a sign of ignorance at the same time they are completely credulous about UFOs and BigFoot ;) 

Welcome to UM, Buck!

Honestly i dont take a fancy to any of it being true.  Literature or sci- fi legends, i've seen no proof for any of its existance as the truth. Could some of these things be true? Surely so, i'm just not convienced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I watched grown men cry when osu lost a couple weeks ago. 

Sissies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Communicating with spirts, a bad idea?

Yup, the supernatural play 'Macbeth' analyses the dangers of how "spirits" can lead people up the garden path to sabotage our lives, the poor sap realises too late that they've made a monkey of him and says-

"And be these juggling fiends no more believed, that palter with us in a double sense"

• Like 1

Ouija Boards are made by the same company that produces Monopoly (Hasbro) 

And of those two games, Ouija is definitely the less demonic one. Ouija boards are just a left over of that whole "we have to somehow prove ghosts/spirits/fairies/the afterlife exists" craze in the late 19th/early 20th century. They are harmless unless you let your imagination get out of hand.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Communicating with spirits, a bad idea?

By doing so, doesn't one risk being possessed by a demon?

Unless you are in the presence of a medium, or you're a medium yourself, I would strongly advise you to avoid all contact with the other side, including via ouija boards, scéances, and EVP's.

You are unlikely to be possessed, but you can be followed and hassled by "low spirits".  It will never be your loving great-grandmother that comes through, but something dark and deceptive.

Don't do it!  No good can come of it, and it can't easily be undone.

• Like 3

It usually is a bad idea. Part of that is because of the psyche. It's a chance for it to mess with you, big time.

Edited by GlitterRose
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, K9Buck said:

Ouija boards are too dangerous as malevolent spirits can use the sitters openness to form a negative attachment.

I would not be so concerned with visiting professional psychics or mediums. Some of these know their trade and are quite good. I have not heard of danger to the sitters from these kinds of things.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 7:23 AM, Orphalesion said:

Ouija Boards are made by the same company that produces Monopoly (Hasbro) 

And of those two games, Ouija is definitely the less demonic one. Ouija boards are just a left over of that whole "we have to somehow prove ghosts/spirits/fairies/the afterlife exists" craze in the late 19th/early 20th century. They are harmless unless you let your imagination get out of hand.

I'll have to differ with you on this.  Before my experience, I may have agreed with you.  But based on my experience that I shared earlier in this thread, I have zero doubt that it's real.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1