Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Negative Confessions of Maat

Festina

1 minute ago, Thanos5150 said:

You mean even after an author dies a publisher may keep releasing new printings of their work? Why, I've never heard of such madness-please, go on.... 

You said: "The most recent translation of it (1998) is by Faulkner.", not the most recent printing

My error.  Didn't check the date of his death.  But yes, publishers can release new printings. 

I'm surprised you don't know about this because I run across it in citations all the time.  It's very common. 

As an example, there's a third printing of  Faulkner's The Ancient Egyptian Coffin Texts: Volume III: Spells 788-1185 and Indexes  listed on Amazon (you can google for it if you like.)  Or take the 2008 volume of Budge's The Egyptian Book of the Dead from Penguin, marked as a first edition.

7 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

My error.  Didn't check the date of his death.  But yes, publishers can release new printings. 

I'm surprised you don't know about this because I run across it in citations all the time.  It's very common. 

Gadzooks. Do you really not understand I am being facetious...? 

2 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

Gadzooks. Do you really not understand I am being facetious...? 

Given your tone to me in previous conversations, no.

If you wish to be facetious, perhaps you should embellish with an emoticon... it's fairly common practice here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1