Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Toddler talk

MoonGoddess

3 year olds are at most purely subconscious beings, they're at an age where they start putting things together. Nonsensical sentiences, raw imagination, etc. It really doesn't mean anything. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3

My grandkids had a great great grandma and knew her.The little girl may be trying to understand what death is and when you are little a bandaid can fix anything,even resurrect a relative in their eyes,maybe.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

3 year olds are at most purely subconscious beings, they're at an age where they start putting things together. Nonsensical sentiences, raw imagination, etc. It really doesn't mean anything. 

I think either you underestimate 3 year olds or your family is sub-standard  you are describing 2 year olds.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think either you underestimate 3 year olds or your family is sub-standard  you are describing 2 year olds.

Doesn't matter. A 3 year old is just starting to really grasp the world around them. Perhaps you are overestimating them. Plus I find you calling my kids substandard to be insulting. 

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Doesn't matter. A 3 year old is just starting to really grasp the world around them. Perhaps you are overestimating them. Plus I find you calling my kids substandard to be insulting. 

Excuse me, that was rude.  I should have just said something about you not paying attention to 3 year olds.  They have a lot of wisdom and they are not just getting a grasp on reality, that starts happening just before they turn two.  I apologize for my rudeness.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Excuse me, that was rude.  I should have just said something about you not paying attention to 3 year olds.  They have a lot of wisdom and they are not just getting a grasp on reality, that starts happening just before they turn two.  I apologize for my rudeness.

They are sponges and absorb the information around them, so they create stories. 

What you should've done is actually attempt to correct me rather than basically calling me a deadbeat dad. 

Edited by XenoFish

My eldest daughter was talking at 9 months and reading the Sydney Morning Herald,page to page at 6.I think some families mature at an earlier age than others,but even out when older.

• Like 1

The greatgrand daughter was born the months before her greatgrand mother died. The gtrea grandmother just held the baby allthe time,  so there  was a bond. She has older siblings that clearly remember their granny, plus the pictures are around as a reminder. It was when she was at her nanas house looking at the picture when she made the bandaid comment. She is quite advanced for her age. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 1:37 AM, XenoFish said:

Plus I find you calling my kids substandard to be insulting. 

I can understand that.

On 2/3/2020 at 4:04 AM, Crikey said:

How does a 3-year-old know who her great-grandma was? Did she say her name or what?

MoonGoddess     0

MoonGoddess
  •  
  •  
  •  

The greatgrand daughter was born the months before her greatgrand mother died. The gtrea grandmother just held the baby allthe time,  so there  was a bond. She has older siblings that clearly remember their granny, plus the pictures are around as a reminder. It was when she was at her nanas house looking at the picture when she made the bandaid comment. She is quite advanced for her age. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MoonGoddess said:

On 2/2/2020 at 11:32 PM, MoonGoddess said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Children listen very closely to what adults are saying and at 3 years old they are certainly still at the age where they want attention. This could just be the child's way of being part of a conversation she heard, or she may just want attention in general. I can't see this as paranormal, unless the child becomes completely consumed by the similar events. Then it would still depend upon what the content on what she was saying is.

Peace

• Like 1

Toddlers and children are like Parrots.  They mimic what they see and hear.  I remember the first sentence my daughter put together when she was three.  I laughed at what she said so she just kept repeating it over and over and cracking up every time.

We were both in the car together waiting for Mom.  Mom was coming back to the car when she stopped and began reading the newspaper in the newspaper stand (they probably don't have those anymore but you put a quarter or two in the stand and it opened and then you would take one newspaper out.)

I said out loud, 'Why don't you just buy one!'  My daughter just started giggling and then she repeated it, why don't you just buy one! And totally cracked up...so did I.  It was a good time.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 10:42 AM, openozy said:

My eldest daughter was talking at 9 months and reading the Sydney Morning Herald,page to page at 6.I think some families mature at an earlier age than others,but even out when older.

That's true I was reading proper books(childrens but not picture books before i was 3)  i was reading the daily paper before i went to school aged 5  i remember reading about the suez crisis in the paper when i was  5 years old and being quite concerned about it.

Most of my family (siblings, and nieces nephews are the same, reading things like "lord of the rings" or "the lion the witch and the wardrobe"   (or harry potter for the younger ones ) aged 6 or so

On the other hand maths is not a strong suit, but one of my cousin's boys, who is pre school, can multiply and divide and do times tables in his head up to the 25 times tables. Eg if you  asked him what 18 times 14  was  he could work it out in his head. His reading is ok but not exceptional. His father works with numbers     

Ps we were read to every night from birth and began reading along with our parents or grandmother before we were 2 years old (before television and computers)   By the age of 3 we were reading independently and had a good vocab and understanding of words.

Mum or grandma took us to the library every week to borrow a dozen books such as enid blyton's   novels, " the borrowers"  The Pookie series(my personal favourite) We were allowed an hour or so  each night (as preschoolers)  to read in bed, before lights out, generally falling asleep as we read  This increased to a couple of hours in primary school, before home work began taking up most of the evenings in high school .  

I see now that this gave mum and grandma time to spend on my younger sisters, who were still infants or very young,     but for me it was a magical time , before going to sleep and dreaming about the events and characters in the books.  

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1