Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump thought Kansas City was in Kansas

K9Buck

Kansas City can be confusing anyway, unless you know what side of the river you need to be on. He should have been more careful before he said anything.

https://kchistory.org/faq/why-there-kansas-city-both-kansas-and-missouri

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

Kansas City can be confusing anyway, unless you know what side of the river you need to be on. He should have been more careful before he said anything.

https://kchistory.org/faq/why-there-kansas-city-both-kansas-and-missouri

I wouldn't begrudge anyone for such a mistake, unless they happen to be the president of the United States.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, K9Buck said:

I wouldn't begrudge anyone for such a mistake, unless they happen to be the president of the United States.  

People pretty much know that the Chiefs are based in Kansas City, Missouri. But if you're looking to find something in Kansas City, you need to look to find out which one. It's weird but they both sit together right on the border.

• Like 4

See the source image

• Haha 7

Isn't it? You'd expect it to be. I know there's a Panama City in Florida, as well as in Panama, isn't there. Mind you, there's also a St Petersburg, but that's probably less likely to cause confusion. 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Isn't it? You'd expect it to be. I know there's a Panama City in Florida, as well as in Panama, isn't there. Mind you, there's also a St Petersburg, but that's probably less likely to cause confusion. 

Indeed. 

The USA has a Boston (which is in the UK), Paris (which is in France), and Amsterdam (which is in Holland), and many many more. 

• Like 5

Hmm... it seems he realised his error, and deleted the offending tweet within minutes, replacing it with another congratulatory message which correctly placed the Chiefs in Montana ! 

Umm.. or was it Missouri ? :unsure: 

32 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Indeed. 

The USA has a Boston (which is in the UK), Paris (which is in France), and Amsterdam (which is in Holland), and many many more. 

And even more confusingly, Hollywood International Airport is actually in Fort Lauderdale, Florida 

• Like 2

And Arkansas is pronounced Arkansaw. But I knew that from The Wacky Races and the Arkansas Chuggabug

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

The president of the United States shouldn't be on twitter....

Quite right ! He should bow to the Great God Media, and their priesthood in the Washington Post, New York Times, and CNN, and only speak to The People through their Holy Filter. 

This "direct contact" will only cause disruption and confusion. Who KNOWS what unauthorised and un-blessed messages might sneak out ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I didn't know Kansas City wasn't in Kansas lol.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Next thing we'll find out Mexico City isn't in Mexico ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If anything...that should prove that President Trump says what he thinks and not what Handlers tell him to say.   His Tweets are real, they're raw...and that is exactly why the press hates him with a passion...because he doesn't heed the filter!  All part of the appeal...

...and you know what millions of Americans are saying...at least to themselves...

'Hmmm...I thought the Chiefs were in Kansas as well...' 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I didn't either.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, K9Buck said:

I would have said it was, but I am not American or the president. 

There is also google if it was really important to get it right.

• Like 2

I lived roughly an hour from Kansas City....always knew is was in Missouri even made up the joke Kansas is such a bad state that Kansas city is in Missouri.

Edited by InconceivableThoughts

Its not surprising that Trump got this wrong - But his twits are great for those of us interested in Trump as it allows him to demonstrate time and again the despite his claim to be a genius, the reality is - he doesn't even know enough, to know he doesn't know. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, joc said:

If anything...that should prove that President Trump says what he thinks and not what Handlers tell him to say.   His Tweets are real, they're raw...and that is exactly why the press hates him with a passion...because he doesn't heed the filter!  All part of the appeal...

...and you know what millions of Americans are saying...at least to themselves...

'Hmmm...I thought the Chiefs were in Kansas as well...' 

You're very limber. This is one of the biggest stretches I've seen in quite a while...lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robotic Jew said:

You're very limber. This is one of the biggest stretches I've seen in quite a while...lol

Not really... @spartan max2 thought the Chiefs were in Kansas...so did I.   I know there is a Kansas City on either side of the river...one in Missouri and one in Kansas...but I always thought the Chiefs were in Kansas.   ....but then again, I loathe the NFL and so don't pay attention to it...only learned The Chiefs were in the super bowl yesterday.  Which is my testimony to Ignorance is Bliss with regards to the Propaganda Machine.  I don't take much part in it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1