Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Limbaugh Has The Big C

Varelse

WaPo Article

Rush Limbaugh, for decades the leading figure in conservative talk radio, said during his program on Monday that he has advanced lung cancer and will soon begin treatment.

I think he's faking it to get more oxy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Best wishes to him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Varelse said:

WaPo Article

I don't think he is faking.  It's something with a high mortality rate and is very visible both in treatment and the toll on the body.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Varelse said:

Very strange thing to think he would do this.

What is oxy btw? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I don't think he is faking.  It's something with a high mortality rate and is very visible both in treatment and the toll on the body.

That was sarcasm, based on stupid things he's said about others. I wish no suffering on anyone. Except the sharky song kid. It's kind of ironic a huge blowhard gets lung cancer though. But I definitely think he'll pull through. He has access to the world's best Doctors. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Very strange thing to think he would do this.

What is oxy btw? 

I see you're across the pond. It's what we call Oxycontin over here, a strong and highly addictive pain killer. 

Edited by Varelse
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

He got beat up pretty bad for it, mostly because he had previously advocated for harsh sentences on drug crimes. He has since changed his tune if I was told correctly and now thinks prison is bad for non violent criminals who only hurt themselves. Either way, this dude moves/moved the minds of millions. I remember him just getting noticed by everyone in the early 90's..and I agreed with a lot of what he said but I could never figure out how he got Bubba to vote against his paycheck.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, susieice said:

Back in 2003-2006, Rush had an addiction problem.

Many in America are sympathetic to those with such challenges, provided that they have the correct political opinions.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Varelse said:

WaPo Article

I think you are a jerk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I remember when Peter Jennings announced he had lung cancer...3 months later...or so...quick enough anyway...he was gone.

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, joc said:

I remember when Peter Jennings announced he had lung cancer...3 months later...or so...quick enough anyway...he was gone.

The two fellows I knew with it died within a year.  It's pretty fast and pretty terrible.  Cancer really is a horrible thing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My mom lived 10 months.  Most of it was rough but she had a few good weeks.  We each face our end at some point and cancer is just a fact of our existence.  A good friend of ours was diagnosed 2 weeks ago and he is fortunate enough to be insured and have options that I wouldn't have but I know that in America, if you need medical care you cannot be refused.  You may not get all of the options that wealthy people can afford but you will receive the applicable "standard of care" required for the specific disease one has.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The dude’s one of the biggest blowhards on God’s Green Earth, but I wish him well and more more healthy years blowing hard. There isn’t a single person I’d wish the Big C on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Varelse said:

I see you're across the pond. It's what we call Oxycontin over here, a strong and highly addictive pain killer. 

If he did not have it, his doctors would know about it.

• Thanks 1

May Rush recover to continue advanced conservative studies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The dude’s one of the biggest blowhards on God’s Green Earth, but I wish him well and more more healthy years blowing hard. There isn’t a single person I’d wish the Big C on.

He may be a "blowhard", but he works, pay his taxes and, to my knowledge, hasn't murdered or raped anyone.  He's a shining beacon of productivity and civility compared to much of American society.  

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

He's an entertainer and he's very good at it.   I've never really listened to him, but many people did.  

I wish him well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

He's an entertainer and he's very good at it.   I've never really listened to him, but many people did.  

I wish him well.

Many people do...about 20 million.  He isn't dead yet.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, K9Buck said:

He may be a "blowhard", but he works, pay his taxes and, to my knowledge, hasn't murdered or raped anyone.  He's a shining beacon of productivity and civility compared to much of American society.  

He sits on his ass for a few hours a day and distorts, lies and attacks people for a living. Where I come from we don't call that work. It's a talent but it ain't work. And you guys lap it up. 'Merca F-yeah! 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Really? You listen to him 3 hours a day and research all he says or are you really just parroting what someone else on TV says?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Really? You listen to him 3 hours a day and research all he says or are you really just parroting what someone else on TV says?

In the 90's I did listen about every day, for several hours a week at least. They all do it. You know their game. Make money by saying crap that gets people feeling victimized, mad or vindicated. All dark stuff no matter what political side you clutch. Now, all you emo boys getting flustered go and get a tissue, eh? This is life. He had has a damn good one. 

edit: I just realized I'm being a little rude and crude. One might even say callous. I thought you guys loved that stuff. Either way, my sympathies for your ill entertainer. 

Edited by Varelse
fix has/had
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1