Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Limbaugh Has The Big C

Varelse

I hope he recovers. I guess all those cigars caught up with him.

• Like 2

Back in the early 90's when I was taking Critical Reasoning/Logic classes in college, the professor had us all listen to Rush for homework.  The professor said, "Politics aside, this guy is a gold mine for practically every logical fallacy in the book."  He was right.  You didn't have to look far in a recording or transcript to find the, "Lesson of the day".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I always thought he was a long time cigarette smoker. He always mentions his "formerly nicotine stained fingertips".

• Like 1

Trump awarded him the Medal of Freedom tonight at the SOTU address.  Limbaugh has a legacy that haters will never tarnish.  They're just sad, miserable and angry.  Their own lives are suitable punishment... :tu:

Edited by and then
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Varelse said:

He sits on his ass for a few hours a day and distorts, lies and attacks people for a living. Where I come from we don't call that work. It's a talent but it ain't work. And you guys lap it up. 'Merca F-yeah! 

Sounds like you are talking about CNN.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Varelse said:

In the 90's I did listen about every day, for several hours a week at least. They all do it. You know their game. Make money by saying crap that gets people feeling victimized, mad or vindicated. All dark stuff no matter what political side you clutch. Now, all you emo boys getting flustered go and get a tissue, eh? This is life. He had has a damn good one. 

edit: I just realized I'm being a little rude and crude. One might even say callous. I thought you guys loved that stuff. I Either way, my sympathies for your ill entertainer. 

Very well said. I wish him no ill either.  He was hired to do a job, he did it well.   I listened to him for years, very addicting if one holds a right wing political bias.  But when I recognized that both sides are essentially the same “I saw him” for who he was and listened no further.  Dennis Prager is much the same, with a different style, 

Your edit is spot on. 

On 2/4/2020 at 8:29 AM, K9Buck said:

He may be a "blowhard", but he works, pay his taxes and, to my knowledge, hasn't murdered or raped anyone.  He's a shining beacon of productivity and civility compared to much of American society.  

Compared to your president, certainly... 

12 hours ago, Varelse said:

I just realized I'm being a little rude and crude. One might even say callous. I thought you guys loved that stuff.

Well put. 

@RavenHawkYou must have missed my earlier post. Care to weigh on on why @darkmoonlady is a burden on society but Limbaugh is not? 

22 hours ago, Varelse said:

I just realized I'm being a little rude and crude. One might even say callous.

ya think?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DieChecker said:

They did.  Cancer doesn't really knock on the back door and say...Hi.  If you are feeling the symptoms of cancer...it is usually too late to treat it effectively.  There is nothing that he can do really.  Chemo or Immunotherapy.  Both are basically poisons.  

I'm sorry to say this because I love Rush.  He won't be here Memorial Day.

• Sad 1

On 2/3/2020 at 5:20 PM, K9Buck said:

Many in America are sympathetic to those with such challenges, provided that they have the correct political opinions.  

What really helps more than your political beliefs  is if you do not advocate harsh punishment for others while you are hiding your addiction. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, joc said:

They did.  Cancer doesn't really knock on the back door and say...Hi.  If you are feeling the symptoms of cancer...it is usually too late to treat it effectively.  There is nothing that he can do really.  Chemo or Immunotherapy.  Both are basically poisons.  

I'm sorry to say this because I love Rush.  He won't be here Memorial Day.

Lung transplant maybe?

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Lung transplant maybe?

I suppose that's a possibility...but replacing both lungs at stage 4?  I don't see it happening. Theoretically? Sure. Likelyhood...zero.  About all that can be done is manage the disease at this point...i.e. pain management and hospice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Lung transplant maybe?

If he's stage 4 he already has evidence of metastasis.  Once those cells begin traveling and taking up residence in the brain or liver, time is almost up.  My mom's lung cancer diagnosis came when she was hospitalized for what we thought was a stroke.   Turned out to be tumor compressing the brain.  She took radiation and high dose steroids and the stroke symptoms totally resolved.  She had a few good months and was gone in 10.

• Sad 2

I really hope he makes it. I don't always agree with his politics, but I hate to see anybody have cancer. IMO it's the worse disease in the world.

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

What really helps more than your political beliefs  is if you do not advocate harsh punishment for others while you are hiding your addiction. 

Care to elaborate on that?

On 2/4/2020 at 10:45 PM, DieChecker said:

I enjoy  enjoyed smoking cigars.  When I heard about Rush...no mas.   No mas Cigars! 

That's a little Spanish Lingo for .... No more cigars!

Some things definitely do cause cancer and tobacco, in any  of it's various facets, is one of them.  I see no point in pushing the envelope.  So...yeah.  The news of Rush had a dramatic impact on my own personal life.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 12:22 PM, Setton said:

Well put. 

@RavenHawkYou must have missed my earlier post. Care to weigh on on why @darkmoonlady is a burden on society but Limbaugh is not? 

He always talks about not carrying insurance because he doesn't need to. Rush will pay all his own cash for the services he received. It's a 1:1 transaction between him and the doctors. Can't get any less burdensome than that. I'm not here to call Darkmoon a burden. I'm just stating an obvious point that you already know but you want an argument with ravenhawk so by all means carry on.

45 minutes ago, F3SS said:

He always talks about not carrying insurance because he doesn't need to. Rush will pay all his own cash for the services he received. It's a 1:1 transaction between him and the doctors. Can't get any less burdensome than that. I'm not here to call Darkmoon a burden. I'm just stating an obvious point that you already know but you want an argument with ravenhawk so by all means carry on.

Not an argument. That implies he has a leg to stand on. 

I just want to expose his callous hypocrisy. Which is pretty well evidenced by the way the little coward has just disappeared.