Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Devil vs. The son of God

MajorasMask

So last night I had the strangest dream yet. I was hoping people who are spiritual can give me their take or personal interpretation of it.

I was in a van, traveling with a lady in the back seat. Not sure who the driver was? The two rows behind us contained about 6 kids. Sometime during the excursion,  I realized I was evil, more than that... I realized I was Lucifer or Satan. That I was the one who rebelled against God and took multitudes of angels with me.  I had NO REMORSE for my actions. As we rode along, I wanted to play around with my powers. I am a guy btw, but I turned my nails black in the blink of an eye and showed them off to the girl playfully.  "How do you like this color?" I was hoping she'd be surprised, but she hadn't noticed and just said she thought it was cool and punk looking.  I thought I'd up the ante and grew vampire fangs. I asked her, are my teeth yellow? And she said they were extremely white and straight, but she noted it appeared I had sharp teeth like a vampire.  I smirked, but thought it wasn't good enough and I began getting annoyed... with the kids too. 

Before we arrived, I created a hive of bees in the back if the van. The bees began stinging the children and theh began screaming along with the woman. The bees didn't touch me, and I reveled in their agony. Their pain meant nothing to me, it gave me pleasure. I felt so powerful. I eventually made them vanish and we arrived to a destination. We were in the Sky. I leaned against the van as these children got out one by one... and then I noticed a 7th child. He wasn't in the car originally and so I called him out. 

"Hey you kid... you weren't with these kids were you? I know..." I tapped my temple smugly, indicating nothing got past me. Suddenly, the kids and the woman were gone(except me and the 7th) as we stood on clouds... a hill or something. The 7th kid opened his mouth and spit something at me, knocked me onto the ground on my butt. He said I couldn't defeat the son of God. I responded angrily, "We'll see."

I got up to try and attack him, but a cloud took him away, which made me livid. I quickly ascended on top of what appeared to be a tower of a castle atop of a mountain itself. I remember what I was thinking. I was enjoying my thoughts, thinking that I was going to destroy Jesus and his followers, but before I could think of what I would do, i looked around me and saw a bunch of other monsters. Evil and powerful like me. They could see I was already plotting and I smirked because I knew they were my army. The last thing I told them, was to get ready for a war, because we're taking it to the highest Heaven. 

The reason I didn't put it in the weird Dreams thread,  was because it obviously has religious significance. What frightens me the most is that I enjoyed every moment of being the devil. I had so much power... I could do anything, be anything,  read minds, fly, more power than a comic book superhero. I woke up and told myself that wasn't me. I'm open to interpretation of all kinds, but I would like someone who has an innate ability to delve deeper and find an explanation for this. Side note... I fell asleep watching The Golden Girls, no horror movies.

Edited by LeonKennedy
Rephrase
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sounds to me like you are at war with your beliefs and fears.  This is an internal struggle you are having and the dream is giving you the archetypes of your belief system to work things out.  Usually when some one has a dream like this it is about the cognitive dissonance between the beliefs and the person's experiences that belie those beliefs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Does seem like unacknowledged power drives. OP probably "as mild as" in real life.

P.S. @LeonKennedywelcome to the forum.  :st

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, LeonKennedy said:

I'm open to interpretation of all kinds,

You seem to understand the dream just fine.

What is there left to do? Recall that "the devil" is an instance of the Shadow archetype (searchable)? Yeah, Shadow instances have all the fun. Show me the power, baby - and let me use it; that's Shadow. (William Blake, saying it politely: "Energy is eternal delight, and he who desires, but acts not, breeds pestilence.")

You even to seem to have a handle on the problem of identifying with any of the archetypes - that it's a bad idea.

35 minutes ago, LeonKennedy said:

I woke up and told myself that wasn't me.

That's right. All the archetypal figures are parts of yourself, none are the whole enchilada (and none should be, although many are attractive, or fun to be).

So, I'll leave you with two pieces of boilerplate: one that I'm not a dream interpreter,

Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I might be able to tell you what several people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

and the other because this is plainly a "big dream" (big dream jung is searchable) in the sense Carl Jung used the term.

My guess is that you'll be thinking about this dream for a long time. You'll be glad then if you write down as much detail about the dream (and any investigation you've done since, too) as you can now while the details are still fresh. If you do any creative or artistic things (write songs, draw pictures, etc.) you might use those media to express what you think and feel about the dream.

Well deamt.

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LeonKennedy said:

The reason I didn't put it in the weird Dreams thread,  was because it obviously has religious significance.

This really does belong in the weird dreams thread. 

This dream could be based around your religious beliefs, films you have watched, your strengths and weaknesses in your life, your  fears and any rebellious tendencies you may have. 

There is no religious meaning behind this dream. Dreams are indeed very strange, your mind creates the story based on lots of things you have experienced, felt, seen and what your brain stores during your waking hours. 

There is no planning a dream,  hence why you dream strange things which do not make sense, but each section of your dream has come from what your mind remembers,  but although there is a story, it is a misfit of memories, in no particular order. 

How you want to interpret your dream is based on your own beliefs.

If you believe in the devil and god,  you may think there is a religious meaning behind it, but at the end of the day, that will be you interpreting a dream your mind created from memories and feelings you experience during the day. 

Its just a weird dream. 

If dreams starts to worry someone, eg: they are recurring or you can not get the strange feelings out of you, it would generally mean it is your lifestyle you need to address. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The fact he woke up and immediately announced to himself that "that isn't me" is a dead give-away, it is a conscious denial that he has these kinds of power drives in his make-up, but the dream says otherwise. It even suggests there is a huge disparity between the two positions, what bigger power-trip could there be, than taking on the "almighty".

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'm not here to kid to you. LK. Are you a mild-mannered character in waking life ?

1 hour ago, LeonKennedy said:

So last night I had the strangest dream yet. I was hoping people who are spiritual can give me their take or personal interpretation of it.

I was in a van, traveling with a lady in the back seat. Not sure who the driver was? The two rows behind us contained about 6 kids. Sometime during the excursion,  I realized I was evil, more than that... I realized I was Lucifer or Satan. That I was the one who rebelled against God and took multitudes of angels with me.  I had NO REMORSE for my actions. As we rode along, I wanted to play around with my powers. I am a guy btw, but I turned my nails black in the blink of an eye and showed them off to the girl playfully.  "How do you like this color?" I was hoping she'd be surprised, but she hadn't noticed and just said she thought it was cool and punk looking.  I thought I'd up the ante and grew vampire fangs. I asked her, are my teeth yellow? And she said they were extremely white and straight, but she noted it appeared I had sharp teeth like a vampire.  I smirked, but thought it wasn't good enough and I began getting annoyed... with the kids too. 

Before we arrived, I created a hive of bees in the back if the van. The bees began stinging the children and theh began screaming along with the woman. The bees didn't touch me, and I reveled in their agony. Their pain meant nothing to me, it gave me pleasure. I felt so powerful. I eventually made them vanish and we arrived to a destination. We were in the Sky. I leaned against the van as these children got out one by one... and then I noticed a 7th child. He wasn't in the car originally and so I called him out. 

"Hey you kid... you weren't with these kids were you? I know..." I tapped my temple smugly, indicating nothing got past me. Suddenly, the kids and the woman were gone(except me and the 7th) as we stood on clouds... a hill or something. The 7th kid opened his mouth and spit something at me, knocked me onto the ground on my butt. He said I couldn't defeat the son of God. I responded angrily, "We'll see."

I got up to try and attack him, but a cloud took him away, which made me livid. I quickly ascended on top of what appeared to be a tower of a castle atop of a mountain itself. I remember what I was thinking. I was enjoying my thoughts, thinking that I was going to destroy Jesus and his followers, but before I could think of what I would do, i looked around me and saw a bunch of other monsters. Evil and powerful like me. They could see I was already plotting and I smirked because I knew they were my army. The last thing I told them, was to get ready for a war, because we're taking it to the highest Heaven. 

The reason I didn't put it in the weird Dreams thread,  was because it obviously has religious significance. What frightens me the most is that I enjoyed every moment of being the devil. I had so much power... I could do anything, be anything,  read minds, fly, more power than a comic book superhero. I woke up and told myself that wasn't me. I'm open to interpretation of all kinds, but I would like someone who has an innate ability to delve deeper and find an explanation for this. Side note... I fell asleep watching The Golden Girls, no horror movies.

I know nothing about the meaning of dreams, so I would not attempt to guide you in your experience.

Welcome to the forum.

Peace

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I'm not here to kid to you. LK. Are you a mild-mannered character in waking life ?

I'm not sure what you mean by power drive? Does this mean that I crave power of some kind? And also, I suppose I'm mild mannered, generally kind, but I'm known to be aggressive and have a biting tongue sometimes. 

By the way,  I do appreciate everyone's input, even the supercilious ones I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeonKennedy said:

I'm not sure what you mean by power drive? Does this mean that I crave power of some kind? And also, I suppose I'm mild mannered, generally kind, but I'm known to be aggressive and have a biting tongue sometimes. 

By the way,  I do appreciate everyone's input, even the supercilious ones I guess.

The will to impose yourself on the world. Have you ever attracted police attention ? Were you a kid at school that had discipline issues ?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The will to impose yourself on the world. Have you ever attracted police attention ? Were you a kid at school that had discipline issues ?

To be completely transparent with you, yes I got into trouble with authority figures.

I've never been arrested for crimes,  but throughout my childhood and onward I was nice, with occasional combative behavior.  I hit other kids when playing once, I kicked my teacher, ran away home in the 4th grade, got in trouble in middle school, started HS in a school for the misfits(trouble makers) and so on. I never saw myself as a bad kid. Everyone said I was sweet and caring,  but for some reason... I got myself into plenty of trouble. As an adult now, I'm alot more responsible, I drink occasionally on weekends though. 

Perhaps I'm a tad above mild mannered. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeonKennedy said:

Perhaps I'm a tad above mild mannered. 

So how would you rate yourself nowadays, on a scale of one to ten. for assertiveness in the wider world ? ( Not within a home setting)

• Like 1

An 8. I'm pretty assertive and also, I can be aggresive, though I might initially seem, "mild mannered." 

I wish I could say a 5 or something. I'm not a bad person I don't think. I care about people, I'm just aware that not everyone means well for others, so I watch out for those individuals and if the moment comes, I'll confront or call them out. Maybe I've become jaded? I would've said a 4 when I was maybe ... 21.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeonKennedy said:

. I woke up and told myself that wasn't me.

I assumed that meant you wanted to disown that dream character as not being you, because it was an inaccurate representation of what you would do, not because it was an inaccurate representation of what you  could do. In other words, "damn it, I am not that kind of aggressive person I am in the dream", versus "damn it, I wake up to find I don't have those powers I revelled in, in that dream"

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I assumed that meant you wanted to disown that dream character as not being you, because it was an inaccurate representation of what you would do, not because it was an inaccurate representation of what you  could do.

I'm conflicted. Someone pointed out, this is a dream that I wouldn't soon forget... they're not wrong. That feeling of being all powerful and capable of anything is beyond words. I felt untouchable, minus the kid knocking me on my ****...  but the surge of power running through me was pretty electrifying,  no pun intended. 

Anyway, thanks for your input. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LeonKennedy said:

That feeling of being all powerful and capable of anything is beyond words.

In other words, you revelled in the feeling of power, then woke up and felt either disgusted that you were acting that way, or disappointed that it was all an illusion, and, unhappily, in reality you don't have this potency. Which was it ?

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 1

I felt guilty for enjoying it and then later happy that I got to experience it in such a vivid dream. I see how power can consume a person,  not to mention supernatural powers to read minds,  levitate, create things out of thin air... 

I believe in God, so yes there was some guilt after I awoke. I did also feel annoyed later during the day,  if only that power was real...

Edited by LeonKennedy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LeonKennedy said:

Dude, this is a gift-you should let your imagination flow with this and become a famous author. Pick a surname though, fame sucks-much better to be obscurely wealthy.

your welcome!!

• Thanks 1

That is a conflict, but one common to everyone. The tension between impulses, and our understanding that restraining or channelling them, is a necessary part of practical living. It is a matter of how much space is between the two, that determines how big a problem it is. The person with strong impulses and poor control of them, tends to end up in jail.

• Like 2

I don't put alot of faith in psychology,  although it does make some valid points, but not always. I sincerely appreciate your feedback. I'll go back to lurking. Thanks again everyone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeonKennedy said:

I don't put alot of faith in psychology,  although it does make some valid points, but not always. I sincerely appreciate your feedback. I'll go back to lurking. Thanks again everyone. 

Do you feel like your being psychoanalysised, are you getting sleepy!!!:D

Peace

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Do you feel like your being psychoanalysised, are you getting sleepy!!!:D

Peace

Honestly yea... I feel like I'm being analyzed,  but I understand the approach. Dreams do correlate with our thoughts, subconscious, concious,  random events and ofcourse our beliefs.  On the other hand, I believe that there are unique cases that defy the normal routes of explanation and some people refuse to believe it or go into the supernatural path. It makes them uncomfortable or whatever,  I get it, but I'm open to both perspectives.

Edited by LeonKennedy
Rephrase