Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Devil vs. The son of God

MajorasMask

Dreams tend to be very symbolic in nature, rather than literal. If I dream I am drowning in a swimming pool at my workplace, but in real life not at any risk of it, and there is not even a pool at work, it would likely mean I am "out of my depth" in the job, or "swamped" by too much responsibility, and need to be more conscious of it. Dreams are hints from the unconscious.

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Your dreams only reflect your thoughts. That's it. Nothing special or anything. 

Yea, I respect your opinions,  but I'm not gonna just take your word for it. 

5 hours ago, LeonKennedy said:

So last night I had the strangest dream yet. I was hoping people who are spiritual can give me their take or personal interpretation of it..

First of all we need to know what your personal religious / philosophical beliefs are, because everything is rooted in that.

14 minutes ago, Crikey said:

First of all we need to know what your personal religious / philosophical beliefs are, because everything is rooted in that.

I was raised Catholic, then became atheist and eventually call myself a spiritual person. I pray to God, but I don't identify with just one religion. Basically God and the Universe. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LeonKennedy said:

So last night I had the strangest dream yet. I was hoping people who are spiritual can give me their take or personal interpretation of it.

I was in a van, traveling with a lady in the back seat. Not sure who the driver was? The two rows behind us contained about 6 kids. Sometime during the excursion,  I realized I was evil, more than that... I realized I was Lucifer or Satan. That I was the one who rebelled against God and took multitudes of angels with me.  I had NO REMORSE for my actions. As we rode along, I wanted to play around with my powers. I am a guy btw, but I turned my nails black in the blink of an eye and showed them off to the girl playfully.  "How do you like this color?" I was hoping she'd be surprised, but she hadn't noticed and just said she thought it was cool and punk looking.  I thought I'd up the ante and grew vampire fangs. I asked her, are my teeth yellow? And she said they were extremely white and straight, but she noted it appeared I had sharp teeth like a vampire.  I smirked, but thought it wasn't good enough and I began getting annoyed... with the kids too. 

Before we arrived, I created a hive of bees in the back if the van. The bees began stinging the children and theh began screaming along with the woman. The bees didn't touch me, and I reveled in their agony. Their pain meant nothing to me, it gave me pleasure. I felt so powerful. I eventually made them vanish and we arrived to a destination. We were in the Sky. I leaned against the van as these children got out one by one... and then I noticed a 7th child. He wasn't in the car originally and so I called him out. 

"Hey you kid... you weren't with these kids were you? I know..." I tapped my temple smugly, indicating nothing got past me. Suddenly, the kids and the woman were gone(except me and the 7th) as we stood on clouds... a hill or something. The 7th kid opened his mouth and spit something at me, knocked me onto the ground on my butt. He said I couldn't defeat the son of God. I responded angrily, "We'll see."

I got up to try and attack him, but a cloud took him away, which made me livid. I quickly ascended on top of what appeared to be a tower of a castle atop of a mountain itself. I remember what I was thinking. I was enjoying my thoughts, thinking that I was going to destroy Jesus and his followers, but before I could think of what I would do, i looked around me and saw a bunch of other monsters. Evil and powerful like me. They could see I was already plotting and I smirked because I knew they were my army. The last thing I told them, was to get ready for a war, because we're taking it to the highest Heaven. 

The reason I didn't put it in the weird Dreams thread,  was because it obviously has religious significance. What frightens me the most is that I enjoyed every moment of being the devil. I had so much power... I could do anything, be anything,  read minds, fly, more power than a comic book superhero. I woke up and told myself that wasn't me. I'm open to interpretation of all kinds, but I would like someone who has an innate ability to delve deeper and find an explanation for this. Side note... I fell asleep watching The Golden Girls, no horror movies.

You're being tested, it's a good sign you were later irritated. Also might be a wake up call to tone the ego some, meaning you have a caring side and maybe the higher power wants you to embrace it and develope it more.

I think some dreams are given to us and for good reasons, you having a dream like this, to this extent of experienceing the devil's power that is rare, be careful of the power within, use it for good only.

In your dream you were told you couldn't defeat the son of God and to what seemed to be God speaking to you, therefore I'd take this very seriously.

He's spoken and its possible you may be doing something he and / or you really don't agree with and he and your conscious are trying to tell you through this dream and that its time to stop now and you do have the power to.

Also when I say tested I mean tested! Your reactions to this dream gives him an idea of where you truely stand, from the first thought right down to your irritation.

There's more to this though, the black colored fingernails represents what you are laying your hands on that you shouldn't. The vampire teeth, is what you're putting up to your mouth or in your mouth that you shouldnt; it could even signify the things that come out of your mouth at times. It may all seem a very minor but not so minor to someone else and if you dont know what these things are right now, you surely will later.

Also the bee's and children thing signifies to me a bully either in the past or even current times, be sure you're not a bully unless you truely welcome the devil and evil side of things.

The women, is just that a women, it's time to blossom your relationship with that ONE women you should, be it a wife, GF, sister, aunt mom, co-worker; she just kind of disappears from your dream therefore be careful that it doesnt happen here as well.

Oh and yes, be careful where your actions are driving you to, you are in the driver's seat most of the time, or are you ; ) 

That's my interpretation hope it was helpful, thanks for sharing it with us and welcome to the forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you Jujo-jo, that is certainly an interesting point of view. I can't deny the feeling of such power made me feel so alive,  in a dream funnily enough. Yet I did get knocked on my rear end with ease from that child/messenger who sped off before I could destroy him, as was my intent it seemed. I'm gonna just lay off any kind of drama in my life. Just work, school, and gym. And probably pray alot more.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, LeonKennedy said:

Thank you Jujo-jo, that is certainly an interesting point of view. I can't deny the feeling of such power made me feel so alive,  in a dream funnily enough. Yet I did get knocked on my rear end with ease from that child/messenger who sped off before I could destroy him, as was my intent it seemed. I'm gonna just lay off any kind of drama in my life. Just work, school, and gym. And probably pray alot more.

:yes: Probably a good idea! :yes: keep the heart, mind and soul in good standing order :yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2020 at 9:47 PM, XenoFish said:

Your dreams only reflect your thoughts. That's it. Nothing special or anything. 

It reflects your unconscious thoughts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nemesis2473 said:

It reflects your unconscious thoughts.

No it's the result of information processing. The brain will store and delete various experiences we have during the day. Dreams do not reflect anything. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No it's the result of information processing. The brain will store and delete various experiences we have during the day. Dreams do not reflect anything. 

I just quoted you saying what you think dreams reflect. Right???

And no... the brain does not erase experiences, it will however lose its location.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nemesis2473 said:

I just quoted you saying what you think dreams reflect. Right???

And no... the brain does not erase experiences, it will however lose its location.

Whatever. 

On 2/3/2020 at 4:05 PM, LeonKennedy said:

So last night I had the strangest dream yet. I was hoping people who are spiritual can give me their take or personal interpretation of it.

I was in a van, traveling with a lady in the back seat. Not sure who the driver was? The two rows behind us contained about 6 kids. Sometime during the excursion,  I realized I was evil, more than that... I realized I was Lucifer or Satan. That I was the one who rebelled against God and took multitudes of angels with me.  I had NO REMORSE for my actions. As we rode along, I wanted to play around with my powers. I am a guy btw, but I turned my nails black in the blink of an eye and showed them off to the girl playfully.  "How do you like this color?" I was hoping she'd be surprised, but she hadn't noticed and just said she thought it was cool and punk looking.  I thought I'd up the ante and grew vampire fangs. I asked her, are my teeth yellow? And she said they were extremely white and straight, but she noted it appeared I had sharp teeth like a vampire.  I smirked, but thought it wasn't good enough and I began getting annoyed... with the kids too. 

Before we arrived, I created a hive of bees in the back if the van. The bees began stinging the children and theh began screaming along with the woman. The bees didn't touch me, and I reveled in their agony. Their pain meant nothing to me, it gave me pleasure. I felt so powerful. I eventually made them vanish and we arrived to a destination. We were in the Sky. I leaned against the van as these children got out one by one... and then I noticed a 7th child. He wasn't in the car originally and so I called him out. 

"Hey you kid... you weren't with these kids were you? I know..." I tapped my temple smugly, indicating nothing got past me. Suddenly, the kids and the woman were gone(except me and the 7th) as we stood on clouds... a hill or something. The 7th kid opened his mouth and spit something at me, knocked me onto the ground on my butt. He said I couldn't defeat the son of God. I responded angrily, "We'll see."

I got up to try and attack him, but a cloud took him away, which made me livid. I quickly ascended on top of what appeared to be a tower of a castle atop of a mountain itself. I remember what I was thinking. I was enjoying my thoughts, thinking that I was going to destroy Jesus and his followers, but before I could think of what I would do, i looked around me and saw a bunch of other monsters. Evil and powerful like me. They could see I was already plotting and I smirked because I knew they were my army. The last thing I told them, was to get ready for a war, because we're taking it to the highest Heaven. 

The reason I didn't put it in the weird Dreams thread,  was because it obviously has religious significance. What frightens me the most is that I enjoyed every moment of being the devil. I had so much power... I could do anything, be anything,  read minds, fly, more power than a comic book superhero. I woke up and told myself that wasn't me. I'm open to interpretation of all kinds, but I would like someone who has an innate ability to delve deeper and find an explanation for this. Side note... I fell asleep watching The Golden Girls, no horror movies.

Isn’t Jesus verse the devil the same thing as yin verses yang?  Light verses darkness?

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Isn’t Jesus verse the devil the same thing as yin verses yang?  Light verses darkness?

I don't believe so... 

I think yin and yang are meant to be more of a complimentary nature. It's different energies that complete each other, I think that's the belief. Jesus vs. Lucifer is not quite the same.  They're fighting for dominance,  well Satan has already lost according to the story, yet he is free to roam for an allotted time before he is destroyed. I think that's the difference there.

16 hours ago, Guyver said:

There should not be yin vs yang, the two together are balance.

@Leon Kennedy after reading your dream I think you have some kind of issue going on that involves impotent anger, anger at something or someone who you can't face to express it.  That is the cloud taking your enemy away and you feeling livid.  Just my 2 cents about the dream you describe.  Another two cents is that we are all spiritual and using that term to separate people allows you to feel special because you think you are spiritual and others aren't.

P.S. the term spiritual could also be some way that you allow yourself to feel less than others who claim they are spiritual and special in some way because of it.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know , so don't put too much stock in my take......but reading your recollection of your dream, I got the feeling that you may feel somewhat powerless over some aspect of your life, ?    .. and wish you could fight it and win?   I don't know why it was a battle between "good" and "evil" in your dream, with your POWER represented by evil.  But, ...just a wild guess , based on the feelings I got reading your story...it seems to have something to do with you wishing you could have more power in/over your life?   Something to do with EGO too?    The character of the devil is on the ultimate ego trip?    

Anyway,,,sweet dreams.:P

• Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing.  

Dont fall asleep watching television.. actually it’s best give it up altogether — there is reason why it is called Tell-A-Vision programming. 

Who/what is Lucifer?  Venus, the bright morning star.  Only one mention of Lucifer in the Bible.  Masonic King James Version in reference to a Babylonian King. 

But one does need to always be on the lookout for those incalculably malevolent bloodthirsty, wrathful, jealous, lying, murdering, stealing, avaricious, bigoted humanity hating, misogynist, human trafficking “Satans”.  :D

Best to Read a calming book if you need something to help you sleep. 

Sweet Dreams.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2020 at 10:39 PM, Jujo-jo said:

You're being tested, it's a good sign you were later irritated. Also might be a wake up call to tone the ego some, meaning you have a caring side and maybe the higher power wants you to embrace it and develope it more.

I think some dreams are given to us and for good reasons, you having a dream like this, to this extent of experienceing the devil's power that is rare, be careful of the power within, use it for good only.In

I agree Juju-jo — Being tested.  

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, lightly said:

I don't know , so don't put too much stock in my take......but reading your recollection of your dream, I got the feeling that you may feel somewhat powerless over some aspect of your life, ?    .. and wish you could fight it and win?   I don't know why it was a battle between "good" and "evil" in your dream, with your POWER represented by evil.  But, ...just a wild guess , based on the feelings I got reading your story...it seems to have something to do with you wishing you could have more power in/over your life?   Something to do with EGO too?    The character of the devil is on the ultimate ego trip?    

Anyway,,,sweet dreams.:P

That makes alot of sense. Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@LeonKennedy 

There is absolutely no way of accurately identifying any correlations between the content of your dream and whatever is going on in your waking life. That doesn't mean there aren't any, but any interpretation of your dream (at this point in time) is nothing more than metaphor mongering.

One day neuroimaging techniques will crack the dream code, but until then, take any analysis of your dream with a grain of salt. I understand that the dream had impact, but I would be careful in giving it too much significance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2020 at 7:05 PM, LeonKennedy said:

Wow , your dream are kinda marvel comics ! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

@LeonKennedy 

There is absolutely no way of accurately identifying any correlations between the content of your dream and whatever is going on in your waking life. That doesn't mean there aren't any, but any interpretation of your dream (at this point in time) is nothing more than metaphor mongering.

One day neuroimaging techniques will crack the dream code, but until then, take any analysis of your dream with a grain of salt. I understand that the dream had impact, but I would be careful in giving it too much significance. 

We all have to analyze our own dreams because the symbology is personal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

We all have to analyze our own dreams because the symbology is personal.

Even then our interpretation could be way off. What might symbolise one thing in our waking lives could represent something completely different in our dreams. Besides, we still don't know whether there is indeed a correlation between dreams and our thoughts and experiences in waking life. There might not be. So any attempt at interpretation might very well be a waste of time. And if there is a correlation, any interpretation would be speculative at best. Also a waste of time, in my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, I just feel you're exaggerating for attention. If this really is your dream, then you need professional help!

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, drakonwick said:

Honestly, I just feel you're exaggerating for attention. If this really is your dream, then you need professional help!

That's a bit extreme. We all have bizarre dreams. It doesn't mean we're crazy or in need of professional help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, drakonwick said:

The site is an open forum to discuss basically everything under the sun, and above it for that matter. Anyone who creates a thread IS DOING IT FOR ATTENTION, because that's the point. Now if you're saying that I'm shouting at the top of a tower screaming that I'm the chosen one or something,  you're mistaken.  It's just a dream that I asked people their opinions on. I never said it was prophetic or that I was predicting anything at all. You think I need help because I had a weird dream? Welcome to earth,  humans have those sometimes.

Edited by LeonKennedy
Rephrase
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1