Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
K9Buck

Here's why I'm voting for Trump in November

186 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

acidhead

:D

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
48 minutes ago, K9Buck said:

As a working, tax-paying, American citizen, the Democratic Party seems to view me as a subject that should be indentured to pay for every other adult's college education, health insurance as well as subsidize the 23 million people who are here illegally. I am, by no means, wealthy and I have two children to support. 

I want them to start putting the interests of me and my family first, for a change.  The only person willing to do that is President Trump and that's why I will be voting for him.   

 

You made as concise and lucid a statement as I've ever seen on this issue.  Others will, no doubt, think of you as uncaring at best and hateful at worst and THAT is where we are in America today.  We are seeing the party of Sanders and AOC, Omar and Tlaib, attempting to overturn our nation and to create a socialist paradigm here.  God-forbid they ever gain power.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 minutes ago, acidhead said:

:D

 

STOP!!! You're going to cause a panic amongst the cattle!  :w00t:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
15 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

Well gee thanks. I can count on one more vote to kiss my ass goodbye. It's not just about you and how you feel, I hope you understand that. I won't live if he gets reelected. It's that simple. Hes cutting everything I need to live, Social Security disability, Medicare, food stamps. I'm not a mooch. I was born with a birth defect. Trump and Pence think it's my fault and I'm just a burden. Now I'm fighting cancer after spending a month in the hospital. The caps and cuts on Medicare mean my next health crisis (assuming I survive the cancer treatment) means I'll be sent home with palliative care. They won't spend another dime on patients like me. So while I'm sure your beef with the Democrats blah blah blah...whatever. It means a whole lot more to disabled people, seniors, chronically ill children and adults..even yourself if you lose insurance and end up on disability due to disease or accident. 

I understand how you feel, and I know your right. But most of the people who post to this thread or other threads like it will not consider what your going through. I had a daughter that had a major disability, but she was a fighter she made for 32 years. My wife and I took care of her at home her entire life, and I understand how important the support your talking about is. I hope you somehow get through this and the Cancer, you will be in our thoughts.

Peace

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Varelse
47 minutes ago, and then said:

You made as concise and lucid a statement as I've ever seen on this issue.  Others will, no doubt, think of you as uncaring at best and hateful at worst and THAT is where we are in America today.  We are seeing the party of Sanders and AOC, Omar and Tlaib, attempting to overturn our nation and to create a socialist paradigm here.  God-forbid they ever gain power.

I wouldn't mind letting the entire US voting up or down on some of these outlandish leftopian and Ayn Randian ideas. Just get it over with. I think as a whole nation, we'd be pretty good at deciding how our Govt should spend our money and how much they can have to do it. But neither Bernie nor Warren will get the nom. People are realizing the pendulum can't swing that far this fast. The GOP gradually moved further to the right on economic issues and social issues starting with Nixon.  Democrats' only hope is a tough talking moderate this cycle.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simplybill

I went to the Republican caucus meeting tonight here in Iowa. It’s about a 15-mile drive, as I live in a sparsely populated rural county with just two precincts. Most of the attendees in my precinct knew each other, which made it feel more like a neighborhood block party than a political gathering. At the beginning of the meeting we all stood for the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer, then the chairperson explained the procedures and we voted. The meeting took just over an hour.

Driving home afterwards, on a two lane blacktop surrounded by snow-covered fields under a moonlit sky, I thought about how good we have it here in the USA. We’re blessed beyond measure.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
4 minutes ago, Varelse said:

I think as a whole nation, we'd be pretty good at deciding how our Govt should spend our money and how much they can have to do it.

When candidates are talking about spending additional TRILLIONS of dollars per year to fund these things, it doesn't take an economics degree to realize they're either lying, stupid or willing to crash our economy for votes.  We're 23T in debt already.  At some point, this vehicle is going over the cliff.  I don't understand people who feel they can just ignore this reality.  I guess it's become a firmly entrenched attitude that the "GOVERNMENT" can pay for everything for everyone who isn't "rich".  The "government" is US... OUR money.  Not cash from magic.  Just look at the numbers realistically and explain it to me where I'm wrong.  I'm willing to listen.  If Bernie and Elizabeth took every dime of income AND every penny of accrued wealth of every person in this nation, they still couldn't pay for these promises for even a year.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
5 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I went to the Republican caucus meeting tonight here in Iowa. It’s about a 15-mile drive, as I live in a sparsely populated rural county with just two precincts. Most of the attendees in my precinct knew each other, which made it feel more like a neighborhood block party than a political gathering. At the beginning of the meeting we all stood for the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer, then the chairperson explained the procedures and we voted. The meeting took just over an hour.

Driving home afterwards, on a two lane blacktop surrounded by snow-covered fields under a moonlit sky, I thought about how good we have it here in the USA. We’re blessed beyond measure.

I skipped mine here in Ames.  Some neighbors posted pictures of it on Facebook and the school gym where it was held at was pretty packed.  The Republican primary is pretty simple with the voting.  The Dems do "Red Rover" which I always thought was amusing. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

Here’s why I won’t be voting for Trump come November..... I’m Australian.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simplybill
4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I skipped mine here in Ames.  Some neighbors posted pictures of it on Facebook and the school gym where it was held at was pretty packed.  The Republican primary is pretty simple with the voting.  The Dems do "Red Rover" which I always thought was amusing. 

I’m looking forward to seeing the results tomorrow morning. I think it’s going to be one wild and crazy election in November. God help us all!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
36 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

Well gee thanks. I can count on one more vote to kiss my ass goodbye. It's not just about you and how you feel, I hope you understand that. I won't live if he gets reelected. It's that simple. Hes cutting everything I need to live, Social Security disability, Medicare, food stamps. I'm not a mooch. I was born with a birth defect. Trump and Pence think it's my fault and I'm just a burden. Now I'm fighting cancer after spending a month in the hospital. The caps and cuts on Medicare mean my next health crisis (assuming I survive the cancer treatment) means I'll be sent home with palliative care. They won't spend another dime on patients like me. So while I'm sure your beef with the Democrats blah blah blah...whatever. It means a whole lot more to disabled people, seniors, chronically ill children and adults..even yourself if you lose insurance and end up on disability due to disease or accident. 

And it's not just about how you feel.  I hope you understand that.  No, Trump and pence do not think is is your fault, but it is your *burden*.  It is not my place to carry your burden.  There is a lot of need out there and we had better start addressing it.  And coming up with more viable solutions than redistribution.  Redistribution only causes current burdens to become more expensive.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Varelse
4 minutes ago, and then said:

When candidates are talking about spending additional TRILLIONS of dollars per year to fund these things, it doesn't take an economics degree to realize they're either lying, stupid or willing to crash our economy for votes.  We're 23T in debt already.  At some point, this vehicle is going over the cliff.  I don't understand people who feel they can just ignore this reality.  I guess it's become a firmly entrenched attitude that the "GOVERNMENT" can pay for everything for everyone who isn't "rich".  The "government" is US... OUR money.  Not cash from magic.  Just look at the numbers realistically and explain it to me where I'm wrong.  I'm willing to listen.  If Bernie and Elizabeth took every dime of income AND every penny of accrued wealth of every person in this nation, they still couldn't pay for these promises for even a year.

Exactly. As a nation, we know we can't afford to keep spending trillions on the crap we have let alone new crap. Our entire educational system and much of our infrastructure needs help. But I don't believe some people should pay more, I think we should all be paying a lot less. There is so much stupid stuff our Govt spends money on now that we can ALL agree should stop that it would free up enough money to cover things like education, infrastructure, tax cuts and maybe even pay down some debt to China. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katniss
1 hour ago, darkmoonlady said:

Well gee thanks. I can count on one more vote to kiss my ass goodbye. It's not just about you and how you feel, I hope you understand that. I won't live if he gets reelected. It's that simple. Hes cutting everything I need to live, Social Security disability, Medicare, food stamps. I'm not a mooch. I was born with a birth defect. Trump and Pence think it's my fault and I'm just a burden. Now I'm fighting cancer after spending a month in the hospital. The caps and cuts on Medicare mean my next health crisis (assuming I survive the cancer treatment) means I'll be sent home with palliative care. They won't spend another dime on patients like me. So while I'm sure your beef with the Democrats blah blah blah...whatever. It means a whole lot more to disabled people, seniors, chronically ill children and adults..even yourself if you lose insurance and end up on disability due to disease or accident. 

Darkmoonlady, I wish you well and that you beat your cancer. So hang in there and keep fighting it. I'm hoping you have access to medical marijuana wherever you live, because I believe that it has the power to fight cancer.

And you may not have heard this, but I think it's a medicaid block grant and not medicare, and the grant only applies to non disability and those under 65.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
20 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

  As a hard working, tax paying American and veteran I'm fine with paying a few extra bucks to make sure my fellow citizens are healthy and educated.  I believe healthy and educated citizens are better for the country and my pocketbook in the long term.  I don't think a crooked man who used "bone spurs" as an excuse to get out of serving our country when it called or brags about how smart he is for not having to pay taxes is a good choice for putting my family first, my country first, or anything except himself first.

Except it won't stop there.  In order for the government to maintain the same level of support, it is going to have to take a little bit more every time.  You say he got out of service.  You say he didn't pay taxes.  OK?  But he has redeemed himself serving this country now.  His experiences (for good or bad) has given him the instincts to turn this economy around.  He is putting this nation first, just as he's promised.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katniss
3 hours ago, K9Buck said:

As a working, tax-paying, American citizen, the Democratic Party seems to view me as a subject that should be indentured to pay for every other adult's college education, health insurance as well as subsidize the 23 million people who are here illegally. I am, by no means, wealthy and I have two children to support. 

I want them to start putting the interests of me and my family first, for a change.  The only person willing to do that is President Trump and that's why I will be voting for him.   

 

I have yet to see the unwealthy, like yourself, pay for the unwealthy. I think you're trying to bait people with your post.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jujo-jo
1 hour ago, simplybill said:

I’m looking forward to seeing the results tomorrow morning. I think it’s going to be one wild and crazy election in November. God help us all!

It's a joke! And a waste of time...Nothing like the good old days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
6 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

So I am a burden?

Of course, you are a burden.  It is also *YOUR* burden.  What do you think that is supposed to mean?  That you are somehow not a viable person?  Don’t belittle yourself like that.  It’s only your fault if you don’t deal with it.

 

By the way Trump and Pence believe or at least promote prosperity gospel and that absolutely means they think it's my fault. Pence has given speeches on it, it's not a guess, it's words literally out of his mouth.

Then you have totally mischaracterized what is actually going on.  It’s not your fault unless you continue to be the victim.  Face up to your situation and revel in it.

 

Don't kid yourself on how compassionate or caring you are, you aren't.

I’m very compassionate.  I’m just not playing into your pity party.  If you want sympathy from me then show that you can earn it.

 

You're honestly no better than people who say disabled people should be euthanized.

I don’t say that or even imply it.

 

They think they're a burden on society too. I just hope if our society reaches that kind of  awful policy decision again you're healthy when it happens..

You are being used and exploited to twist what compassion really is.  Compassion is not victimhood.  You shouldn’t try to play me for pity.  That doesn’t appeal to anyone.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
2 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

..Hes cutting everything I need to live, Social Security disability, Medicare, food stamps.

 

Speaking of medcare, I hear Trump wanted to scrap Obamacare but the Dems wouldn't let him. As a puzzled Brit can anybody tell me if Obamacare is a good or bad thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simplybill
22 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

It's a joke! And a waste of time...Nothing like the good old days!

I too miss the old days, when the news arrived with the morning paper or the 6:00 o’clock news. You had time to think before forming an opinion. The instant news of today almost forces an instant opinion that can be hurriedly posted in a comment section without putting much thought into it. The discussions are now often fueled by emotions rather than thoughtfulness. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
7 minutes ago, Crikey said:

 

Speaking of medcare, I hear Trump wanted to scrap Obamacare but the Dems wouldn't let him. As a puzzled Brit can anybody tell me if Obamacare is a good or bad thing?

For us it was a bad thing. We could not afford his insurance and so we got fined in our taxes several 100 bucks each every year for not having it, which certainly made me glad to see it gone and out of my pockets finally. It was basically paying a fine for not being able to afford it. I guess if we quit working and went on the dole it might have gotten us insurance? Hard to say. It was a con job far as it affected me and most of those I know.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
27 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Speaking of medcare, I hear Trump wanted to scrap Obamacare but the Dems wouldn't let him. As a puzzled Brit can anybody tell me if Obamacare is a good or bad thing?

It has some good and bad points.  It is not universal health care, everybody didn't get it.   If you are poor you can't get it.  If you don't get it you had to pay a fine.  That part made little sense.  But it helped get pre-existing conditions insured.   Parents could keep a college child insured on their family policy until 26.  That has helped me and a couple of my office mates.  It was a good bridge until my kid got out and got a job with insurance.  If you don't have the type of job that pays insurance, mostly you don't have insurance.

What never happened was any kind of reform of medical care, medical, expenses, medical insurance, drug costs or any of the things that make American Health care the most expensive in the world  and yet yield poorer results.

https://www.pgpf.org/infographic/infographic-us-healthcare-spending?gclid=Cj0KCQiApt_xBRDxARIsAAMUMu8bAMhqY3LntY6m2Y51jPfDIIKr9R7JB9kf4EuKR1D56Ms4ZBQXKE8aAqszEALw_wcB

We pay more and get less, and the prices just keep going up.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.