Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democratic Caucus Collapse

RoofGardener

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, it appears that the Democrats have made a bit of a mess of their first Caucus. 

The Iowa caucus has been unable to post its results. This is being blamed on a phone app, which refused to function properly on the grounds that there weren't enough 'woke' transgender Palestinians in the voting quorum, so it voided all the votes to prevent White Christians from winning, in accordance with national Democratic Guidelines. 

Um.. actually.. I might have got that a bit wrong.. :P But the App failed anyway. So they had to use telephones instead. 

And then the telephone network collapsed under the strain. So they had to use carrier pigeons, but it appears that these where all eaten by Republican Hawks. 

So nobody - yet - knows who won the Iowa caucus. Well, not the DEMOCRATIC caucus, anyway. The Republicans had no problems at all: they all voted for Donald Trump. 

Meanwhile, Democratic campaign managers are frantically assuring everyone that (a) the App wasn't hacked, and (b) there where unspecified problems with it, which meant that (c) they couldn't trust its results, so they are having to... well.. nobody knows WHAT they are going to do ? 

All a bit of an embarrassment, really. As people (1) are already saying... if they can't be trusted to run a caucus, should we REALLY trust them to run the country ? 

(1) Mostly gloating republicans, it has to be said. 

Didn't any of them have a laptop?  Why use an app anyway, that just sounds like teenagers were running it.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Didn't any of them have a laptop?  Why use an app anyway, that just sounds like teenagers were running it.

Well, they can't have ADULT Democrats running it. That would be to perpetuate the colonial racist attitudes of the previous generations, instead of having Woke teenagers. :D 

Ideally one-legged black Palestinian transgender teenagers. From Mexico . 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 3

The Clinton machine that runs the Democratic party is responsible for this, just as they were for the 'Dean scream' when Howard Dean got too close for comfort to winning..  Somebody should ask them.  But no reporter/model will.

• Like 2

Here is what really happened.  Biden didn't win, so the DNC is "fixing" the app until it works the way they want it to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The Iowa caucus has been unable to post its results. This is being blamed on a phone app, which refused to function properly on the grounds that there weren't enough 'woke' transgender Palestinians in the voting quorum, so the App voided ALL the votes to prevent White Christians from winning, in accordance with National Democratic Guidelines. 

Um.. actually.. I might have got that a bit wrong.. :P But the App failed anyway. So they had to use telephones instead

I don't know why that should be such a surprise. You know how much trouble Hillary had with this new-fangled E Mail service. :mellow:

Honestly, it's coming to something when the Republicans (the average age of whose representatives in Congress seems to be about 95) are able to get technology working more satisfactorily than the Democrats with all their pals in Silicon Valley doesn't it. 

• Haha 2

Good news for the Dems:

A fix for the smartphone app has been found and download tools are being rushed to polling sites across Iowa:

image.jpeg.4436866c407ed4f37cfece367500bd1b.jpeg

• Haha 7

42 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Everyone got a participation award.:lol:

I was thinking the very same thing.  Typical.  With everyone declaring victory, they should just apply this to the rest of the season as if any of it will matter.  Hilary will step up in a brokered convention only to lose again to Trump.

• Like 1

...and poor Pete...He can't get any respect, I tell ya...no respect...not even at his own caucus...a supporter wanted her card back when she found out he was gay! :o

Video

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, joc said:

...and poor Pete...He can't get any respect, I tell ya...no respect...not even at his own caucus...a supporter wanted her card back when she found out he was gay! :o

Video

That's a shame.  It really shouldn't make a difference to her.  I wonder how many gay people she knows and doesn't even realize it?

• Like 1

Tech Firm Whose Half-Baked App Cocked Up Iowa Results Run By Ex-Clinton, Obama Staff

An app developed by a Democratic digital nonprofit group that botched the Iowa caucus results is run by former staffers for Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign, Obama's presidential campaign, as well as Google, Apple and former DNC employees.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/tech-firm-whose-shadow-app-cocked-iowa-results-run-ex-clinton-obama-staff

Hillary and Obama are the 'floaters' the good Dem voters just can't seem to flush.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

Tech Firm Whose Half-Baked App Cocked Up Iowa Results Run By Ex-Clinton, Obama Staff

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/tech-firm-whose-shadow-app-cocked-iowa-results-run-ex-clinton-obama-staff

Hillary and Obama are the 'floaters' the good Dem voters just can't seem to flush.

ROFL.. be cautious with ZeroHedge... they aren't that reliable as a source :)

17 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

How about the LA Times then...

App made by Clinton campaign veterans’ firm is behind Iowa caucuses debacle

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I'm confused.  Are you saying the ZH article is unreliable because they heavily cited a Huffington Post article for their facts?

Or are you saying you didn't bother to read it in the first place?

eta: ROFL

Edited by hacktorp
  • Haha 1

Best (satirical*) headline about this little technical glitch:

Putin Prepares To Release Iowa Caucus Results :D 

* (It has to be pointed out for the benefit of the Farmers of this world :rolleyes:)

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

I'm confused.  Are you saying the ZH article is unreliable because they heavily cited a Huffington Post article for their facts?

Or are you saying you didn't bother to read it in the first place?

Hmm... bit of both, really ? :D

I must admit, I am THOROUGHLY enjoying the Democrats display of technical incompetence. :D

Mind you.. I shouldn't get TOO carried away. The Republicans had problems back in 2012 as well :)

Meanwhile... and I do NOT intend this to gloat over US electoral incompetence (1), the UK never have these problems. Not a hanging - or pregnant - chad in sight :D

(1) Well, when I say I don't intend to gloat, I actually mean that... I intend to gloat :P

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Best (satirical*) headline about this little technical glitch:

Putin Prepares To Release Iowa Caucus Results :D 

* (It has to be pointed out for the benefit of the Farmers of this world :rolleyes:)

I bitterly regret that the Unexplained Mysteries website only allows to to post a "laughing" emote ONCE :D

If we had a "post of the month" feature, I would nominate that post for it :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm... bit of both, really ? :D

Jack Dorsey's Twitterban of ZH can be seen either as a smudge on ZH's reliability...

...or a sign that ZH often strays a bit too close to the truth on certain subjects.

You get to decide.

Either way, ZH is immensely popular with seekers of non-MSM news and financial information.

• Like 1

Wow...I knew things would get bad for the Dems with all of the finger-pointing and blame-gaming.  But not THIS bad!

Now we have coastal-Leftist Dems blaming Iowa Dems for the primary fiasco because they are...wait for it...racist!

Zerlina Maxwell: Iowa Caucus ‘the Perfect Example of Systemic Racism’

Maxwell said, “The Iowa caucus is essentially the perfect example of systemic racism. Ninety-one percent of the voters in Iowa are white. The reason why you see a drop in turnout, I’m just speculating here, it could be perhaps that white children are not in the cages. So when you are talking about the tangible pain that black and brown people are feeling, they feel a sense of urgency because their kids are being put in cages, right?

maxwell

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/02/04/zerlina-maxwell-iowa-caucus-the-perfect-example-of-systemic-racism/

These fools are driving middle America into the open arms of the Republican party in droves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1