Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Entity in graveyard

Aodhanc

On 2/5/2020 at 1:22 PM, papageorge1 said:

No need to worry about anything as the decaying physical and etheric bodies are not going to harm you but they can be grotesque to our normal expectations. The etheric body still has energy for its own independent movement for some time.

They won't harm anyone because there's no such thing as grotesque, etheric bodies. The whole concept is utter rubbish. But for the sake of argument, if the theory had even a tiny bit of merit, the etheric body would have degraded at death, long before the physical body reached the cemetery. And even if it were to be active for a while, why would it follow the phsyical body around? And as in this case, why would it be there praying? 

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2020 at 6:42 PM, Aodhanc said:

Not really looking to argue about the topic, just looking for an answer. I can’t really explain to someone who wasn’t there how it was, but as I said the lights weren’t working (which isn’t unusual) I didn’t shine the light because I saw something, I just got a creepy feeling. As I’ve said the fact that it was cold and they were wearing very thin clothing, not moving at all and their general appearance is the reason I’m looking for answers, not some debate. 

It was a person. Not a paranormal entity. Not an alien. A person.

Your visibility was limited. A phone flash isn't that powerful, and everyone looks creepy when illuminated by one. The light clothing on a cold night is not that signficant. You probably frightened them as much, or more than they frightened you. As I see it, you intruded on a person praying/grieving at the cemetery. It wouldn't surprise me if they felt the same way.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 2:51 AM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

They won't harm anyone because there's no such thing as grotesque, etheric bodies. The whole concept is utter rubbish. But for the sake of argument, if the theory had even a tiny bit of merit, the etheric body would have degraded at death, long before the physical body reached the cemetery. And even if it were to be active for a while, why would it follow the phsyical body around? And as in this case, why would it be there praying? 

There is so much to learn and read about all these subjects. Here's just one thing I found quickly (more 'utter rubbish' to your thinking but perhaps interesting to some readers and the OP).

So, what happens to the Etheric body before it starts disintegrating?  It hovers around its grave, appearing as an apparition to any sensitive person around it! 

How can the Etheric body turn into a malefic entity?

When the double finally leaves the dense body, it stays in close proximity to its associated physical body, near its grave. It is still waiting to be disintegrated soon after its dense body. In this condition it is known as the wraith. It sometimes appears to those with whom it is closely bound, as a cloudy figure, very dully conscious and speechless.

This wraith/apparition which hovers about its grave is extremely vulnerable to other Astral entities, to its own Astral body, and even to various thought-forms present in its surrounding.

The separated Etheric double is so vulnerable in nature that –

• Even though it has no consciousness of its own, it may obtain other astral matters, or act as a vehicle for astral entities that may take control of it.
  • It may become a vehicle for any kind of thought-form.
  • It may be controlled by evil people or demonic spirits to fulfill evil purposes such as black magic or causing any kind of harm to others.

https://thespiritconsciousness.com/blog-ghosts-in-graveyard/

Edited by Still Waters
Source link added

Regarding strange entities at graveyards.  A few years ago I lived in a town that had a notorious murder case.  The accused was found not guilty but soon after the trial she killed herself (stabbing a knife in her own chest 6 times).  Her grave was left unmarked for over 80 years.  I felt sorry for her, so I bought a headstone, some flowers, and I knelt down and said a prayer by her grave.  While I was praying I sensed someone was standing behind me to my left.  I stopped praying for just a few seconds because I did not want to be embarrassed (sounds silly feeling embarrassed for praying I know).  I then continued to pray more softly and I slowly turned my head left and I could see at the corner of my eye a woman standing right behind me to my left.  I was kneeling down with my hands on the grave while I prayed and slowly looked over to my left.  I could see the bottom trim of a white skirt and pearl white shoes.  I did not want to look up, and I thought I would feel embarrassed for praying, but instead, I felt an overwhelming sense of joy and peace.  For a few seconds the sound of the traffic was gone, and I could only hear the gently rustle of leaves on the tree which overlooked her grave.  It was a wonderful feeling (like waking up on a Sunday morning and feeling the sun against the window).  The experience only lasted a few seconds but it felt like eternity.  When I stood up and turned around there was nobody there.  It happened 4 years ago but that moment is still fresh in my mind.

This is what I saw.

shoes.png

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Regarding strange entities at graveyards.  A few years ago I lived in a town that had a notorious murder case.  The accused was found not guilty but soon after the trial she killed herself (stabbing a knife in her own chest 6 times).  Her grave was left unmarked for over 80 years.  I felt sorry for her, so I bought a headstone, some flowers, and I knelt down and said a prayer by her grave.  While I was praying I sensed someone was standing behind me to my left.  I stopped praying for just a few seconds because I did not want to be embarrassed (sounds silly feeling embarrassed for praying I know).  I then continued to pray more softly and I slowly turned my head left and I could see at the corner of my eye a woman standing right behind me to my left.  I was kneeling down with my hands on the grave while I prayed and slowly looked over to my left.  I could see the bottom trim of a white skirt and pearl white shoes.  I did not want to look up, and I thought I would feel embarrassed for praying, but instead, I felt an overwhelming sense of joy and peace.  For a few seconds the sound of the traffic was gone, and I could only hear the gently rustle of leaves on the tree which overlooked her grave.  It was a wonderful feeling (like waking up on a Sunday morning and feeling the sun against the window).  The experience only lasted a few seconds but it felt like eternity.  When I stood up and turned around there was nobody there.  It happened 4 years ago but that moment is still fresh in my mind.

This is what I saw.

shoes.png

Great story Aaron. Thanks for sharing. Is that picture coming from some stock images or did you take a photo at the time.

So what ended up happening? Did the apparition just disappear? 

Edited by papageorge1

19 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

This is what I saw.

shoes.png

You bought a headstone for someone that died 80 years ago that you had zero connection to.

Sure you did. That doesn't sound made up in the least.

Edited by moonman

4 hours ago, moonman said:

You bought a headstone for someone that died 80 years ago that you had zero connection to.

Sure you did. That doesn't sound made up in the least.

I first read the book about her life and her trial.  I walked passed her house each day on my way to work and the cemetery was only a short walk away.  As the months went by I felt an emotional bond towards her and what she went through.  When I realized she was laying in an unmarked grave I took it upon myself to purchase a headstone so that people could at the very least acknowledge her existence and not walk on her grave.  I went to several funeral directors and received expensive quotes.  I could only afford a small headstone which cost £460 ($600).  I also had to receive permission from the council and pay a permit, and also receive permission from relatives of the family which took a long time to trace and contact.  Took about 6 months in total to have the headstone placed at her grave.

Unmarked grave (October 2015)

g3.png

6 months later  (April 2016)

g1.png

When I returned the next day.

g2.png

I thought it was vandals, but the flowers on the other graves were not touched.  There was a cottage at the end of the cemetery and I asked them what happened and they said it was probably squirrels.  They told me that squirrels sometimes like to eat the flower heads because they might have been coated in sweet sugary paint.  I found that odd and had my doubts because the flower heads were still there, they were just scattered around her grave and all of the other graves were untouched.  I returned and put more flowers on and nothing happened to them.  So I don't have a clue why they were destroyed on that first night.  The man she was accused of killing was her husband and his grave is about 20 feet away.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Great story Aaron. Thanks for sharing. Is that picture coming from some stock images or did you take a photo at the time.

So what ended up happening? Did the apparition just disappear? 

The photo of the ladies feet is a stock image from google.  I used it to show what I saw e.g. the bottom trim of a white dress and white shoes as I peered over my left shoulder as I knelt down at her grave and said a prayer.  She composed a popular song in the 1930's called 'You Brought My Heart the Sunshine'.  She played the piano in the original recording.  I was listening to the recording on my mp3 player when I was kneeling down at her grave and singing the lyrics and then I prayed when the song was over and pressed my hands deep into the grass above her grave.  This is when I turned and saw a woman over my left shoulder, and I first felt embarrassed, but then I felt an overwhelming sense of joy and peace  (hard to describe).  When I stood up and turned back again (about 10 seconds later) there was nobody there.  It is a pretty big cemetery and her grave is near the middle, but there was nobody in sight.  The thing that shocked me the most was the next day I returned and found the flowers I placed were destroyed, yet the flowers I placed on her husband (the person she was accused of murdering) were fine and his grave was about 20 feet away from hers.  Might sound silly, but when I saw what happened I instinctively looked at his grave and muttered - "Now, there was no call for you to do that, was there."  I must be the only guy who talks to the graves.  :blush:

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

The photo of the ladies feet is a stock image from google.  I used it to show what I saw e.g. the bottom trim of a white dress and white shoes as I peered over my left shoulder as I knelt down at her grave and said a prayer.  She composed a popular song in the 1930's called 'You Brought My Heart the Sunshine'.  She played the piano in the original recording.  I was listening to the recording on my mp3 player when I was kneeling down at her grave and singing the lyrics and then I prayed when the song was over and pressed my hands deep into the grass above her grave.  This is when I turned and saw a woman over my left shoulder, and I first felt embarrassed, but then I felt an overwhelming sense of joy and peace  (hard to describe).  When I stood up and turned back again (about 10 seconds later) there was nobody there.  It is a pretty big cemetery and her grave is near the middle, but there was nobody in sight.  The thing that shocked me the most was the next day I returned and found the flowers I placed were destroyed, yet the flowers I placed on her husband (the person she was accused of murdering) were fine and his grave was about 20 feet away from hers.  Might sound silly, but when I saw what happened I instinctively looked at his grave and muttered - "Now, there was no call for you to do that, was there."  I must be the only guy who talks to the graves.  :blush:

Interesting. What do you think caused you to be so involved with these graves and their situation

It all just goes further and further south. Weaker and weaker. The things people consider to be paranormal, the bar must be set underground....

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Interesting. What do you think caused you to be so involved with these graves and their situation

I think I felt sympathy at first and then empathy towards her when I read the book about her trial.  She was having an affair with the chauffeur and when her husband began to suspect she wanted to call off the affair, but her boyfriend became jealous and brutally murdered him.  She wanted to protect him from the gallows, so she confessed that she had killed her husband, and soon after he confessed as well.  Her reputation was destroyed in the newspapers and her career was over, but she was found not guilty and released.  He was found guilty and sentenced to death.  She could not live with herself and went to a peaceful riverbank and plunged a knife in her own chest 6 times (3 of the wounds punctured her heart) and she fell into the river.  The public felt sorry for her boyfriend as he was portrayed as a young boy who was led astray.  A petition was raised and his sentence was reduced to life in prison.  A few years later he was released so that he could fight in WW2.  As the decades went on she just lay in an unmarked forgotten grave.  At the time it was one of the saddest loves stories I had ever read, and I felt I should try to show my respect in some physical form i.e. a small headstone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2020 at 1:40 PM, Aodhanc said:

Hi guys just wanted to know your thoughts/theories on an experience I had a couple years ago. I find this quite hard to talk about because it was quite a traumatic experience for me. So, it was about 9PM and exactly-8°C. There’s a graveyard I have to walk through as a shortcut home. It’s not a particularly old graveyard, the oldest graves there are from the 80s. A lot of the street lights weren’t working which isn’t unusual for this area, so I was walking using my phone flashlight. I was also talking to my friend on the phone for comfort. As I was walking past the graveyard I shined my flashlight towards it and about two graves away from the footpath there was someone/something there praying. I can clearly remember what they looked like, they were very short and slim, probably just under 5ft. The clothing they were wearing was not at all suitable for the weather, it was an all black outfit, similar to a suit but thinner and could have been a one piece. The scariest thing about them was their face, which was the most featureless face I have ever seen. Their ears were extremely small, as was their nose and I couldn’t see their eyes because of a combination of both the lighting and the fact that the bone structure around their eyes was really wide and deep. They didn’t react to me shining the light at them and I proceeded to get away as fast as I could. When I was almost out of the graveyard, I shined my light back and this thing was still there motionless but they had moved away from their original spot. They had moved about two graves forward and were standing behind a gravestone, staring at me. I could only see their face (not their eyes, again) and very weak shoulders. The strangest thing about this was the fact that I saw them so clearly, at least as well as I would if I shined a flashlight at someone in the dark. It was a very traumatic experience and I had recurring nightmares about it for about a month. I’m really just sharing this to see if anyone has had a similar experience, and to get over it.

Where are you from ? Could be some type of animal ?

On 2/5/2020 at 6:55 PM, XenoFish said:

The more you focus on it. The more it will affect you. Next time take some safety precautions, a small led flashlight and some pepper spray just to be safe.

And an axe, just for fun !

• 1 month later...