Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
VastLand

American Giants

194 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Sir Wearer of Hats

Ahh yes. Divine Revelation via special spectacles and the Egyptian Book of the Dead - fair warning I’m biased, the Mormon I knew best was a pure undies on his head level nutter and I have abiding issues with their practice of a Posthumous Baptism. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Desertrat56
14 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Ahh yes. Divine Revelation via special spectacles and the Egyptian Book of the Dead - fair warning I’m biased, the Mormon I knew best was a pure undies on his head level nutter and I have abiding issues with their practice of a Posthumous Baptism. 

Yeah, I think all my grandparents got that post-humus baptism when my cousin quit drugs and replaced them with the Mormon religion.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Ahh yes. Divine Revelation via special spectacles and the Egyptian Book of the Dead - fair warning I’m biased, the Mormon I knew best was a pure undies on his head level nutter and I have abiding issues with their practice of a Posthumous Baptism. 

I have abiding issues with many of their practices and doctrine. In all reality. I venomously hate them <_<

The Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978 was passed to protect our children from them. They would adopt them, brainwash them into believing they were a "evil race" and use them as virtual slaves. 

Edited by Piney
Where's the red paint?
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
16 minutes ago, Piney said:

I have abiding issues with many of their practices and doctrine. In all reality. I venomously hate them <_<

The Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978 was passed to protect our children from them. They would adopt them, brainwash them into believing they were a "evil race" as use them as virtual slaves. 

The ****s!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The ****s!

You won't see members of the KKK in politics or running cities but you'll see these blond b*******!! But they only pull their hate **** on Indians and we don't count. 

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
Just now, Piney said:

You won't see a members of the KKK in politics or running cities but you'll see these blond b*******!! But they only pull their hate **** on Indians and we don't count. 

I once asked some very dark skinned “Elders” who appeared uninvited upon my doorstep if they knew that Prior to the 70s people with their skin tone were forbidden from the Mormon priesthood. They denied it, “that never happened, the Church has always invited everyone to God’s grace” and tried to bring up The Catholic “only unmarried males” business and got told that they were hear to talk about their religion, not mine.

I then asked what they thought of Smith dying in a gun fight after destroying a printing press printing things he didn’t want spoken of (aka the truth). They told me “no, Smith died a martyr killed by people who wanted to stop him spreading The Word”. 
 

I called them worse propagandists than Goebles and told them to “wrack off”. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I called them worse propagandists than Goebles and told them to “wrack off”. 

I have a good "Mormons is Africa" story from when I was in ARC.

But it's not for here.......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
13 minutes ago, Piney said:

You won't see members of the KKK in politics or running cities but you'll see these blond b*******!! But they only pull their hate **** on Indians and we don't count. 

No, they are not nice to women either.  Mitt Romney made a lot of people (women) angry with his campaign for president. 

Once two young mormon missionaries  came to my house right after I got divorced.  (they called them elders I think, but they were youngers, the usual if you can't afford to go out of country you walk around the city with a buddy and talk to people about "the bible").  I answered the door with a baby on one hip and a 3 year old clinging to my leg.  They said their spiel and I told them "I am a single mother with 2 daughters.  I know enough to know your religion is not for me.  Have a nice day."  One got upset and started to argue, the other interrupted him and told me "I understand, he doesn't because he was born into a Mormon family, I joined after I graduated high school.  I will explain it to him.  Have a nice day."  And they left.    I wanted to ask the one why he joined as an almost adult, but oh well.  I suppose for a young man there are advantages.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swede
13 hours ago, C L Palmer said:

. If you want the latest Mormon research, you need to go to fairmormon.com or maybe https://mi.byu.edu/final-preview-from-sorensons-mormons-codex-on-the-flight-of-the-nephites/ . We're pretty up-to-date.

 

1) No, you are not. You citing material some 50 years old.

2) The material cited is being selectively filtered in an attempt to support your belief system.

Fail.

.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
On 3/19/2020 at 12:37 AM, Swede said:

2) The material cited is being selectively filtered in an attempt to support your belief system.

Is there any "scholar??" at the Maxwell "Institute?" that doesn't have blond hair and blue eyes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
On 3/19/2020 at 9:34 AM, Desertrat56 said:

No, they are not nice to women either.  Mitt Romney made a lot of people (women) angry with his campaign for president. 

Once two young mormon missionaries  came to my house right after I got divorced.  (they called them elders I think, but they were youngers, the usual if you can't afford to go out of country you walk around the city with a buddy and talk to people about "the bible").  I answered the door with a baby on one hip and a 3 year old clinging to my leg.  They said their spiel and I told them "I am a single mother with 2 daughters.  I know enough to know your religion is not for me.  Have a nice day."  One got upset and started to argue, the other interrupted him and told me "I understand, he doesn't because he was born into a Mormon family, I joined after I graduated high school.  I will explain it to him.  Have a nice day."  And they left.    I wanted to ask the one why he joined as an almost adult, but oh well.  I suppose for a young man there are advantages.

Men in the Mormon Afterlife: You’re given your own planet, or planets if you’ve been reslly good, and you get to be “god”. YAY. who’d not want that?

Married Women in the Mormon Afterlife: Make Babies. Lots and lots of babies, those worlds aren’t going to populate themselves. Ohhh.. yay.

Unmarried Women: don’t worry, we’ll make sure you’re wed to someone, then... see above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swede
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Piney said:

Is there any "scholar??" at the Maxwell "Institute?" that doesn't have blond hair and blue eyes? 

As to selective filtering, the header of the Wiki page for the Maxwell Institute is rather telling:

 
This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. Please remove or replace such wording and instead of making proclamations about a subject's importance, use facts and attribution to demonstrate that importance. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message) [Emphases original].
 
 
Edit: Clarification.
Edited by Swede
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
C L Palmer
On 3/21/2020 at 2:43 PM, Piney said:

Is there any "scholar??" at the Maxwell "Institute?" that doesn't have blond hair and blue eyes? 

What would that have to do with the validity of anything? Odd... Or are we at the point that diversity of pigmentation is the sole claim to legitimacy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, C L Palmer said:

What would that have to do with the validity of anything? Odd... Or are we at the point that diversity of pigmentation is the sole claim to legitimacy?

Oh, I guess your not feeling "White and Delightsome"?  Which was one of Joseph Smith's racist points. 

Your doctrine is based on pigmentation or am I seeing things with all those portrayals of Captain Moroni and pals as a blond right from Hitler's breeding program. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 hour ago, Piney said:

Your doctrine is based on pigmentation or am I seeing things with all those portrayals of Captain Moroni and pals as a blond right from Hitler's breeding program. 

Is Moroni the Latin plural of moron?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Is Moroni the Latin plural of moron?

 

The Diminutive........ *Heavy sarcasm with hint of penis reference* 

I had a Google Image page all ready for his next response.

It was all blond haired /blue eyed Nephites and Captain Moroni pictures. :yes:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, C L Palmer said:

What would that have to do with the validity of anything? Odd... Or are we at the point that diversity of pigmentation is the sole claim to legitimacy?

Remember when Carter threatened to yank your tax exempt status in 1978? 

EVD5povVAAAIYK5.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph

I have too many friends beaten, starved, and worse by the LDS church to be supportive of it, even if I could overlook its... blinkered view of history. 

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
11 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

I have too many friends beaten, starved, and worse by the LDS church to be supportive of it, even if I could overlook its... blinkered view of history. 

Thomas Monson's  "therapy" for m********ion and homosexuality is a horror story in itself. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.