Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Love - Peace - Wisdom

Crazy Horse

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

No you're always quoting some Buddhist buzzwords.

That's what I live by, I am a student of Buddhism.

What do you live by?

Peace

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Survival. 

Everyone strives to survive, however, no matter what we chose to do or beleive we must control our mind. By controlling our own minds we can take on any situation and never fear it's out come, and without fear we can find the clarity to find inner peace along with wisdom.

Peace

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Everyone strives to survive, however, no matter what we chose to do or beleive we must control our mind. By controlling our own minds we can take on any situation and never fear it's out come, and without fear we can find the clarity to find inner peace along with wisdom.

Peace

Fear keeps you sharp, aware. Fear isn't an enemy, it's an ally.

Without fear you would not know your limitations, by overcoming that fear (if applicable) you gain courage. Fear helps you survive. It is that gut feeling that tells you something isn't right. 

People have this idea that negative emotions are bad. They're not. We need them. All in fine measure. Optimism can backfire just as easy as pessimism. Love can make you look needy, can make you easy to manipulate. Kindness can be taken advantage of. 

Edited by XenoFish

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Fear keeps you sharp, aware. Fear isn't an enemy, it's an ally.

Thats where we disagree, fear causes self doubt and if you doubt yourself or your decisions you will fail, because you will lose clarity of thought. Being anxious is what has kept me sharp in situations where my survival or the survival of my soldiers was concerned. I have seen people consumed with fear first hand and when that happens they can no longer function in life or death situations, and they are no use to anyone including themselves. 

Peace

• Like 1

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

Thats where we disagree, fear causes self doubt and if you doubt yourself or your decisions you will fail, because you will lose clarity of thought. Being anxious is what has kept me sharp in situations where my survival or the survival of my soldiers was concerned. I have seen people consumed with fear first hand and when that happens they can no longer function in life or death situations, and they are no use to anyone including themselves. 

Peace

Doubting yourself can be good. Because the very thing you think about doing, may be a very stupid idea. You can not banish instinct.

Fight-Flight-Freeze

It exist for a reason.

Where misery meets paranoia...….:rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Doubting yourself can be good. Because the very thing you think about doing, may be a very stupid idea. You can not banish instinct.

Fight-Flight-Freeze

It exist for a reason.

Making decisions is what leaders do and good training is what separates good ideas from bad ideas. The way I have lived my life having self doubt makes you a liability, and it comes down to one thing, which is very simple. You either Lead, Follow, or get the F out of the way, there is no middle ground there. Good training along with good Leadership will stop the flight or freeze factor.

There is no difference between training a group of soldiers or training your own mind it all comes down to using knowledge to defeat fear, and to gain clarity. If you can't maintain clarity of thought you are lost before you begin. Along with medication, the approach I have outlined here will also defeat Depression.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

Peace

Indeed.

I have used my mind to get into this loving habit.

And I know, for myself, what happens when I do particularly well. I am enveloped by an inner calmness, and at such times, I see, think and act more clearly.

A mindfulness.practice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Indeed.

I have used my mind to get into this loving habit.

And I know, for myself, what happens when I do particularly well. I am enveloped by an inner calmness, and at such times, I see, think and act more clearly.

A mindfulness.practice.

I reckon there is a lot of "talent" here who can make you "chuck a wobbly" and lose your serenity ! ^_^

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Love is not as in important as you think. Understanding is. If you want authentic wisdom then you need balance. You need a fine measure of both optimism and pessimism. If you tell a depressed person to "think happy thoughts", it's probably going to make them feel worse as it reminds them of what they lack. 

All actions at there core are selfish. The most selfish acts of kindness are found within those of religious/spiritual leaning. Because they act out of a desire for some reward. Even If they are not consciously aware of it. In some cases kind acts are only done because "God told them to". 

If you want to really focus on kindness and compassion at least be honest about your motivations. Love is highly overrated. You don't need to Love someone to be kind. 

I am at war with those who preach pure optimism. Those who only focus on that rainbows, sunshine, and happy kitty cat ideal that is not realistic. 

https://dominatedepression.com/positive-thinking-causes-depression/

But trying to understand someone, especially if that someone is being rude or aggressive, is an act of love.

And not all actions are selfish. When someone gives an organ to someone else, they can expect to knock-off a few years of their own life. Hardly a selfish action in my opinion.

I am being honest.

This is my truth, my life, my experience. I share these ideas in the hope that they might ring true for someone else, and that that person may find their own way to an inner peace.

If that's not you, then I sincerely hope that whatever path you take, it will lead you to health and happiness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I said inner peace is stagnation. 

Hardly stagnate.

In my own personal experience, having an inner peace is very attractive. 

Yet, only by virtuous behaviour can one achieve an inner peace, and from that point, wisdom, skill, grace, integrity, courage and compassion flowing endlessly, feeding back into the loop, leading to ever greater love, peace and wisdom. 

This isn't stagnation, it is a life worth living.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I reckon there is a lot of "talent" here who can make you "chuck a wobbly" and lose your serenity ! ^_^

I am not enlightened, 

But I am trying....:lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Hardly stagnate.

In my own personal experience, having an inner peace is very attractive. 

Yet, only by virtuous behaviour can one achieve an inner peace, and from that point, wisdom, skill, grace, integrity, courage and compassion flowing endlessly, feeding back into the loop, leading to ever greater love, peace and wisdom. 

This isn't stagnation, it is a life worth living.

Maybe how well people sleep, is an index of inner peace. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

But trying to understand someone, especially if that someone is being rude or aggressive, is an act of love.

And not all actions are selfish. When someone gives an organ to someone else, they can expect to knock-off a few years of their own life. Hardly a selfish action in my opinion.

I am being honest.

This is my truth, my life, my experience. I share these ideas in the hope that they might ring true for someone else, and that that person may find their own way to an inner peace.

If that's not you, then I sincerely hope that whatever path you take, it will lead you to health and happiness.

Sorry, I don't live in your hippy reality. The world is a very ugly and unfriendly place. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Maybe how well people sleep, is an index of inner peace. 

I would say that that is a part of it.

When things are going well, its pretty easy for folks to remain calm and up-beat.

So perhaps, its when things go pear-shaped, when folks start causing trouble, then maybe that is a better measurement?

All I know is that when I have done something good, something helpful, some little act of kindness, then I feel good, no regrets etc. And from this point my mind is at ease - and open.

22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Sorry, I don't live in your hippy reality. The world is a very ugly and unfriendly place. 

Some parts of the world are like you say.

Due in no small measure to a lack of understanding, love, compassion, and kindness.

Its a very simple idea.

Love isn't what is causing this pain, it is a lack of love.

24 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I would say that that is a part of it.

When things are going well, its pretty easy for folks to remain calm and up-beat.

So perhaps, its when things go pear-shaped, when folks start causing trouble, then maybe that is a better measurement?

All I know is that when I have done something good, something helpful, some little act of kindness, then I feel good, no regrets etc. And from this point my mind is at ease - and open.

So it is, for the scrupulous and the conscientious. But others are perhaps less concerned about what side of fairness they err on.

Just now, Habitat said:

So it is, for the scrupulous and the conscientious. But others are perhaps less concerned about what side of fairness they err on.

That's true enough.

And that is their choice, but for every action, there is a reaction, and every cause has its effect.

I must like this peaceful feeling, and I certainly want to see a more peaceful world.

I really don't see another way of achieving this harmonious existence except through love, peace, wisdom and integrity?

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You just like a few others exhibit and encourage what is known as toxic positivity.  

The fires of hell forge the greatest strength. 

Sri Bhagavan.jpg

Sri Bhagavan has said exactly what you are relating to.  Paraphrase: If you sweep anger or jealousy under the carpet, pretty soon it begins to stink.  You must experience anger, experience jealousy, and recognize it.

From Psychology Today:

When you deny or avoid unpleasant emotions, you make them bigger. Avoiding negative emotions reinforces this idea: Because you avoid feeling them, you tell yourself that you don’t need to pay attention to them. While you are trapped in this cycle, these emotions become bigger and more significant as they remain unprocessed.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, joc said:

Sri Bhagavan.jpg

Sri Bhagavan has said exactly what you are relating to.  Paraphrase: If you sweep anger or jealousy under the carpet, pretty soon it begins to stink.  You must experience anger, experience jealousy, and recognize it.

From Psychology Today:

When you deny or avoid unpleasant emotions, you make them bigger. Avoiding negative emotions reinforces this idea: Because you avoid feeling them, you tell yourself that you don’t need to pay attention to them. While you are trapped in this cycle, these emotions become bigger and more significant as they remain unprocessed.

I blame people denial/inability to face the negative aspects of life on the self-esteem movement. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Conflict and failure can make us wiser, but what is wisdom and skill, and courage and creativity good for, why attain these things, if not to avoid conflict and failure?

Conflict is a part of life.   Failure is a part of success.  

Actually, my goal in life is to completely eliminate stress in my life.  In an effort to do so, I avoid drama, I avoid conflict, I avoid things that cause me stress.  But negative emotions, one cannot avoid.  If you are angry...be angry, it is okay.  If you are jealous, be jealous, it is okay.  These are natural emotions.  One can avoid conflict...but one can not avoid emotion.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I blame people denial/inability to face the negative aspects of life on the self-esteem movement. 

I think it is more than just the self-esteem movement...it is our entire culture.     

Just now, joc said:

I think it is more than just the self-esteem movement...it is our entire culture.     

Could very well be. Happy, happy, happy and if you're not happy 24/7 you are a very bad person. 

• Like 1