Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Love - Peace - Wisdom

Crazy Horse

17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I needed a laugh.

That's good, everyone needs to laugh.

Peace

But never forget, desire is the root of all evil in this world.

Peace

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Love and peace often denote being happy. There is this idea that if for whatever reason that someone is unhappy they've done something wrong. 

Easy. A defensive pessimist is someone who thinks thing through and plans for potential worst case scenarios. 

First point. Loving actions and a peaceful demeaner may well leave a space for happiness to exist. However, it doesn't necessary denote that being unhappy is always the result of bad behaviour, although there is no doubt that sometimes this is the case.

Second point. Who has got the time to do that? Within an every day situation, when the difference between a small gesture of kindness, or not,  may result in a lifetime of happiness, or not?

Do you really plan for the worst case scenario, every time, before you act? Seems like an idea full of fear to me.

And it doesn't seem very practical either.

Just love, and let the chips fall where they may.

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

:lol:

Please, I've been through hell at the hands of others and myself. I probably know myself better than some people think they know themselves. 

And did you question why you were going through such an ordeal?

2 hours ago, joc said:

Actually...happiness is a state of mind.  Doing the right thing, at the right time, and in the right way is a by-product of that state of mind.

Well actually, happiness is more a feeling.

But in any event, the action comes first, then the feeling, and then the state of mind. (Action and reaction, cause and effect).

An action born of love will beget a feeling of happiness, (as a rule of thumb), which in itself will engender a greater sense of kindness.

19 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

And did you question why you were going through such an ordeal?

I know exactly why and it is the reason I distrust and pretty much hate humanity. 

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

No one is the same, really? Correct. No one is the same.

Who actually doesn't want world peace? Those who thrive on conflict, narcissist, and opportunist.

Who actually doesn't want an inner peace? I don't. It doesn't serve a functional purpose in my life. I would have no reason to further myself.

Who actually doesn't want to feel loved? Love is just a chemical in the brain. It's temporary.

And, who actually says it can't work? The world apparently.

"Those who thrive on conflict...……" Exactly, thanks for proving my point. Its only those without a sense of compassion and kindness who are actively trying to destroy humanity. Anyone who has a real sense of compassion, would want to see a more peaceful world.

You don't want inner peace, fine, good luck and all the best.

Love is not just a chemical in the brain. It is in-fact an action, born of compassion and empathy, followed by a thoughtful and selfless deed. Cause (love) and effect, (a chemical feel good factor). Funny how nature rewards us with a good feeling whenever we do something good, one might think that nature was trying to prompt us towards a certain direction!

And who says it cannot work? Only those who are too scared to try, or too entrench within a certain hateful view, or those who simply do not know how to love...

Which one are you? 

38 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

But never forget, desire is the root of all evil in this world.

Peace

I always thought that it was ignorance, in general, that was the root of all evil, pain and suffering?

The two main aspects being desire and aversion.

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I know exactly why and it is the reason I distrust and pretty much hate humanity. 

You really hate and distrust all humanity because some people gave you a very hard time?

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Sorry, I don't live in your hippy reality. The world is a very ugly and unfriendly place. 

Of course there is ugliness and unfriendliness in this world...both are human concepts.   We have other concepts as well...?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

People like you reminded me of how stupid I used to be. Glad I woke up. 

You woke up to hate and distrust...

If I were you, Id go back to sleep :no:

• Like 1

Just now, lightly said:

Of course there is ugliness and unfriendliness in this world...both are human concepts.   We have other concepts as well...?

Yeah, the ugly aspect has cost me a total of $100,000 dollars. Trust is something I won't do again. Cost me my retirement, almost costed my wife's life. Never again. 

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

You woke up to hate and distrust...

If I were you, Id go back to sleep :no:

I woke up to the real world. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

I woke up to the real world. 

No, the real world is where we face-up to our problems by being honest with ourselves.

And with honesty comes the realisation that we are the cause of most of our own problems, and with that you have to make a choice.

To either forgive, move-on, and learn from your experience, or, just hate even more.

Only, do not moan or complain when the crap hit the fan once again.

You are the author of your life, you may have total control, (with a little practice) you get to decide your future.

Good luck.

Be lucky.

And make good decisions.

I always thought that it was ignorance, in general, that was the root of all evil, pain and suffering?

The two main aspects being desire and aversion.

By my beliefs it is desire, desire of material things, desire of love, happiness, and the desire to live forever. In my opinion once you realize that everything we do as humans is based upon desires you can begin to control what you desire. This is the first step needed to finding peace of mind. In truth ignorance is bliss, because what you don't know or can't understand also can't be desired. 

Once you realize that desire can be controlled by only desiring what you need, not what you want, you can begin to limit and control your mind. By controlling your mind you will have the most satisfaction you can possible attain in life and this will give you the inner peace we all would like to have!!:tu: 

Peace

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

No, the real world is where we face-up to our problems by being honest with ourselves.

And with honesty comes the realisation that we are the cause of most of our own problems, and with that you have to make a choice.

To either forgive, move-on, and learn from your experience, or, just hate even more.

Only, do not moan or complain when the crap hit the fan once again.

You are the author of your life, you may have total control, (with a little practice) you get to decide your future.

Good luck.

Be lucky.

And make good decisions.

Whatever.

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Yeah, the ugly aspect has cost me a total of $100,000 dollars. Trust is something I won't do again. Cost me my retirement, almost costed my wife's life. Never again. 

I'm really sorry about your hard time .   I hope your wife is doing good now.   I'm guessing you love your wife?  And she loves you?   If so, there is at least one Beautiful thing in your world.   ?     

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

That has been my experience. Before I made any real progress towards wisdom, I had to learn just how foolish I was, and before I made any progress towards kindness, I had to realize how self-centered I was. Those moments of clarity propelled me into a new way of life.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Whatever.

No, not whatever.

But what you decide to do XenoFish.

You get to decide your future. Not me, not the "bad guys", not the "good guys", but you, right here right now and forever after...

If that's what you want?

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

No, not whatever.

But what you decide to do XenoFish.

You get to decide your future. Not me, not the "bad guys", not the "good guys", but you, right here right now and forever after...

If that's what you want?

I will not conform to your ideal. 

The price of living is death.

2 minutes ago, simplybill said:

That has been my experience. Before I made any real progress towards wisdom, I had to learn just how foolish I was, and before I made any progress towards kindness, I had to realize how self-centered I was. Those moments of clarity propelled me into a new way of life.

Thanks Bill.

For me it was a sense of hope and the promise of something better, that propelled me towards a new life.

Then came the regret, the shame, and the facing-up to some hard truths.

Still, it was well worth the effort. :yes:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lightly said:

I'm really sorry about your hard time .   I hope your wife is doing good now.   I'm guessing you love your wife?  And she loves you?   If so, there is at least one Beautiful thing in your world.   ?     

I did what I felt was right. 

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I will not conform to your ideal. 

The price of living is death.

Okay....  

The price of living is death. (That's if you believe in death as a final farewell?)

But in any event, it is how we die that matters.

Okay....  

The price of living is death. (That's if you believe in death as a final farewell?)

But in any event, it is how we die that matters.

Nothing matters. All our efforts are for nothing. No one gets a happy ever after.