Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lifetime Democrats Defecting Thanks to Nancy

Uncle Sam

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Besides hurting the overly sensitive's feelings, what about it?

I'm sure we're all glad she didn't wipe her backside right there in front of the nation, but your point is well-taken: it was a real possibility.

As to the "what about it?", Pelosi's stunt is the most talked-about topic of the day...among ALL news outlets.  They're all talking about it.  Even the fake ones.

Did you miss that?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Setton said:

You know, it's just struck me that none of the American far right's criticism is ever to do with substance. 

You always go after appearances, speculation and supposition. Biden 'looks creepy'. Pelosi 'must be drunk'. Sanders 'is a commie'. 

It's never based on anything. It's never criticism of their policies or values. 

Then again, given the material Hillary gave you to work with and the best you could do was 'she looks old, she must have a brain tumor', I shouldn't be surprised. 

Wait a minute, didn't you just mention something about a drawing regarding Trump's hands and hair which have been a favorite target for libs since the beginning?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Nah.  That's just them exercising Freedom of Speech.  What I am talking about is the idea that someone will give up values- like being pro-choice or the idea of a fair wage just because some old lady tore a piece of paper.

Who’s giving up values? The way I see it, they’re keeping their values and leaving a party that they no longer thinks represents those values.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Setton said:

You know, it's just struck me that none of the American far right's criticism is ever to do with substance. 

You always go after appearances, speculation and supposition. Biden 'looks creepy'. Pelosi 'must be drunk'. Sanders 'is a commie'. 

It's never based on anything. It's never criticism of their policies or values. 

Then again, given the material Hillary gave you to work with and the best you could do was 'she looks old, she must have a brain tumor', I shouldn't be surprised. 

Hmm... :geek:

Screenshot_20200205-172321.jpg

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

So pro choice has to be supported at any extreme? I find the clump of cells argument ignorant and gross and will even moreso when we find bacteria on Mars and you scream about life and science but these late term abortion ideals should be appalling to anybody with half a conscious. 9 months isn't a brave choice. It's a depraved choice. Shocking that more don't walk away from that. It's murder. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, hacktorp said:

There were names of US soldiers who died in battle on those pages she ripped up.

Nancy did a bad thing.

It was childish, more like something the Grump would do but as a VFW myself I'm just as annoyed by the other side not jumping on their king when he insults any military service member. To my best guess, this makes Stable Genius Trump: 171, Crazy Nancy: 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, F3SS said:

So pro choice has to be supported at any extreme? I find the clump of cells argument ignorant and gross and will even moreso when we find bacteria on Mars and you scream about life and science but these late term abortion ideals should be appalling to anybody with half a conscious. 9 months isn't a brave choice. It's a depraved choice. Shocking that more don't walk away from that. It's murder. 

It's more about the government telling you what to do.

Pro-choice is basically the freedom to chose to do what you feel is the right thing whereas the Pro-lifers would have the government make that decision for you.  A government that forces you to have a child can just as easily force you to abort them in the future.  It's more about who has the ultimate rights to your body.  Once you overturn Roe vs Wade and empower the government to make those decisions, they can easily take that new precedent to force you to do other things with your body. 

Would you be fine with it if the government forced all males to get a vasectomy and would only reverse it if you got a permit/license to reproduce?  That was an idea kicked around to solve the abortion problem as well as child poverty/lack of health insurance/etc.  Basically, prove you have a job and health insurance before the government would let you have kids. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, F3SS said:

9 months? Who wants that? Seriously? Unless the mother's life is in immanent danger I'm pretty sure that's still illegal. Abortion is collateral damage for freedom. And freedom will always have collateral damage. Like the 2nd amendment. I'd say it's responsible for thousands more life's ending early yet we love that. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Setton said:

Not a word on Trump refusing to shake her hand in the first place? 

No, of course not. Why would there be? :rolleyes:

She's been nasty to him from day one, 

I am glad he didn't! He owes her nothing! 

And when someone accuses you of doing something wrong, when you know you didnt do as claimed, its gut wrenching, heart bearking, nerve wracking and time consuming, (not to mention costly).

I'd never give her the time of day or ever shake her hand.

You dont have to like your boss or always agree but you do have to show respect, still have to do your job and you should always show support, if not get rid of them, fire them, take out that link, get em' gone, lay them off -anything, whatever it takes but don't keep them around if you can help it, they will only cause more damage or head aches later on.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Hmm... :geek:

Screenshot_20200205-172321.jpg

I like his hair! It reminds me of my uncle's hair, kind of makes me feel secure like we're family ; )

Oh and it's a nice reminder that he is HUMAN! He is who he is and doesn't hid it, I'd take that any day over someone fake and trying to be someone they're not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

She's been nasty to him from day one, 

I am glad he didn't! He owes her nothing! 

And when someone accuses you of doing something wrong, when you know you didnt do as claimed, its gut wrenching, heart bearking, nerve wracking and time consuming, (not to mention costly).

I'd never give her the time of day or ever shake her hand.

You dont have to like your boss or always agree but you do have to show respect, still have to do your job and you should always show support, if not get rid of them, fire them, take out that link, get em' gone, lay them off -anything, whatever it takes but don't keep them around if you can help it, they will only cause more damage or head aches later on.

He's not her boss, though.  Congress, the Judicial system and the Executive branch are three co-equal parts of the government.  We are supposedly their bosses. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Varelse said:

It was childish, more like something the Grump would do but as a VFW myself I'm just as annoyed by the other side not jumping on their king when he insults any military service member. To my best guess, this makes Stable Genius Trump: 171, Crazy Nancy: 2

lol and thank you for your service and time.

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

He's not her boss, though.  Congress, the Judicial system and the Executive branch are three co-equal parts of the government.  We are supposedly their bosses. 

Right! Therefore the majority of us should vote her out as soon as possible!

Also look at it this way... Donald's not a king and Nancy's not queen.. even if so most Kings over power their queens (Lizzie and her husband are an exception) But here Don, in my opinion is still her president and in a way still her boss.

She is NOT "equal" to the president of the United States, the vice president isn't even equal to the position. Democrats and Republican's are equal but that's about it... Or have I missed something?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

Right! Therefore the majority of us should vote her out as soon as possible!

Also look at it this way... Donald's not a king and Nancy's not queen.. even if so most Kings over power their queens (Lizzie and her husband are an exception) But here Don, in my opinion is still her president and in a way still her boss.

She is NOT "equal" to the president of the United States, the vice president isn't even equal to the position. Democrats and Republican's are equal but that's about it... Or have I missed something?

You missed something.  Think of them as managers in two different departments at a company.  The departments are supposed to be equal to keep each other in check.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

You missed something.  Think of them as managers in two different departments at a company.  The departments are supposed to be equal to keep each other in check.

I understand that but still the president is the president, and still her position is not equal to his.?.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Setton said:

Courtesy of one of my American friends:

FB_IMG_1580922525004.jpg

And yet just about every Democrat in leadership has decided to model their behavior on his.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Except Pelosi is third in line to take Trump's job, while Trump cant rise to control the House.

This implies the Executive is the Head of Government.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

:D LOL

IMG_20200205_162948.jpg

It's the "Love" that makes it art.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

For being from the group that coined the term "snowflake", you guys really are sensitive over trivial silly things. 

I'd agree. It's only paper. The issue, IMHO, isnt the paper, but the context, and the drama of it. 

Yup, the House Speaker tore up Trump's speech. 

At least she waited to the end. It would have been even more dramatic if she stood up and ripped it up about 20 minutes in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The President is responsible for the final decisions.  Everything falls on the President if everything goes to sh!t.

Off point but on thread:

The way NancyTheRipper behaved was dreadful to witness for the citizens of the United States of America.  It was her "Joker" moment.... that's what I honestly thought after she did it.  And I'm sure there were a few crazzzzy Bernies out there that relished every second of it.  Let it all burn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

Quite right, I get very annoyed by politicians whose main claim to incumbency is that the opposition is worse than them. It is a bit like a man telling his wife how lucky she is not to be married to her ex-husband any more, and using that as his claim to merit.

Stanley used to beat you every day, so how great am I for only beating you every other day....

How about no one gets beaten at all....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I believe that he thinks that these are noble institutions

Well I must say noble is further praise than I would give them.  But good. 

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Wouldn't that be cool to have that torn up speech?  Can you imagine bringing that to the Antiques Roadshow in 30 years? 

How many copies should we make?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

It's more about the government telling you what to do.

Pro-choice is basically the freedom to chose to do what you feel is the right thing whereas the Pro-lifers would have the government make that decision for you.  A government that forces you to have a child can just as easily force you to abort them in the future.  It's more about who has the ultimate rights to your body.  Once you overturn Roe vs Wade and empower the government to make those decisions, they can easily take that new precedent to force you to do other things with your body. 

Would you be fine with it if the government forced all males to get a vasectomy and would only reverse it if you got a permit/license to reproduce?  That was an idea kicked around to solve the abortion problem as well as child poverty/lack of health insurance/etc.  Basically, prove you have a job and health insurance before the government would let you have kids. 

I don't care who does what outside of my immediate family. The political line is that the left wants me to pay for these abortions. Any of them for any reason. Rape, incest and extreme medical issues for the mother and/or child are all I'm willing to help out with. Otherwise, do what you want, live with your choices and pay for it yourself.

50 minutes ago, Varelse said:

9 months? Who wants that? Seriously? Unless the mother's life is in immanent danger I'm pretty sure that's still illegal. Abortion is collateral damage for freedom. And freedom will always have collateral damage. Like the 2nd amendment. I'd say it's responsible for thousands more life's ending early yet we love that. 

Apparently 132 members of Congress if Trump is to be believed and I think he's right on that one. Most notably from memory Ralph Northam is a proponent of infanticide. This is insane and in some contorted view of "women's choice" there are many members of Congress who believe it's politically viable to back legalisation that allows abortions to happen at the last second or post birth for any reason she may like. Now, how many women would do that? I don't know. Probably not many but these politicians will sell their souls for those few votes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I'd agree. It's only paper. The issue, IMHO, isnt the paper, but the context, and the drama of it. 

At least she waited to the end. It would have been even more dramatic if she stood up and ripped it up about 20 minutes in.

I believe there is VIDEO of her pre-ripping the sheets as the speech was ongoing so her little episode would go off without a snag.  Crafty-Nancy.  Calculated and cunning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1