Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Tom O'Neil

Khufu Communications

Have I changed your mind regarding the Great Pyramids purpose?  

41 members have voted

  1. 1. Was the Great Pyramid a communications device?



151 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Piney
54 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Each to their own.  But it's my humble opinion that the latest episodes have been interminably tedious, insipid, inconsequential politically-correct garbage.

The acting is wooden.  There is absolutely no chemistry between the four travellers, even though Graham is ostensibly Ryan’s grandfather.  Character traits introduced in one episode are completely forgotten the next.  The dialogue is bland, disconnected and painfully predictable.  But it’s the atrocious plots that have really damaged this brand.  For example, the most recent episode Praexus is a thinly-veiled sermon on how plastic pollution is damaging the planet.  If the antidote to Praxeus is so easy to engineer – why not fix the plastic problem in the first place?  It’s gibberish, and doesn’t seem to care.

The scientific content is negligible and nonsensical; the sci-fi content (which ultimately is what Dr Who is there for) is laughable (e.g. Yasmin – “I need to go back in there.  There’s something important I need to look at.  Come back for me in an hour.” Doctor – “We haven’t got an hour.”  Audience screaming – “You’ve got a bloody time machine!); the sheer number of pc boxes ticked every episode to pander to every imaginable interest group; the utter irrelevance of it all.

Just my opinion.  But as a long-term fan of the show I feel the new writers have an agenda that is very out of keeping with the best traditions of Doctor Who.

 All hail the Sage of Croydon!  :nw:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Windowpane
3 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

...

the sheer number of pc boxes ticked every episode to pander to every imaginable interest group  ...

 

Certain members of my family have been heard to utter the same opinion ...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
41 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

Certain members of my family have been heard to utter the same opinion ...

I was surrounded by sisters and taught most of my "man skills" by my stepmother and when I saw a female Doctor, I said "YAY".

.......Now I say "pppbbbbsssssstttt" . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
9 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Each to their own.  But it's my humble opinion that the latest episodes have been interminably tedious, insipid, inconsequential politically-correct garbage.

The acting is wooden.  There is absolutely no chemistry between the four travellers, even though Graham is ostensibly Ryan’s grandfather.  Character traits introduced in one episode are completely forgotten the next.  The dialogue is bland, disconnected and painfully predictable.  But it’s the atrocious plots that have really damaged this brand.  For example, the most recent episode Praexus is a thinly-veiled sermon on how plastic pollution is damaging the planet.  If the antidote to Praxeus is so easy to engineer – why not fix the plastic problem in the first place?  It’s gibberish, and doesn’t seem to care.

The scientific content is negligible and nonsensical; the sci-fi content (which ultimately is what Dr Who is there for) is laughable (e.g. Yasmin – “I need to go back in there.  There’s something important I need to look at.  Come back for me in an hour.” Doctor – “We haven’t got an hour.”  Audience screaming – “You’ve got a bloody time machine!); the sheer number of pc boxes ticked every episode to pander to every imaginable interest group; the utter irrelevance of it all.

Just my opinion.  But as a long-term fan of the show I feel the new writers have an agenda that is very out of keeping with the best traditions of Doctor Who.

Whenever Who does Environmentalism it always tends to the heavy handed, take “The Green Welshmen Death”, the villain is an evil corporation that for no reason at all is pumping waste down a mine and plotting to brainwash the world. 
 

also, the whole ‘we don’t have an hour” thing does sort of make sense, it’s a rule of time travel in Who that people connected by virtue of travelling together in time exist in “relative time” (unless the rules are broken) so an hour for Yaz has to also be an hour for the Doctor, it’s why the Doctor “disappears for hours at a time” looking for the Master and not “disappears for a moment”. You see it with Clara as well, the Doctor leaves her alone to work, so goes off to have his own adventures while she’s at work for the duration of her work (Listen for example, or the start of Into the Dalek, it took him a week to get coffee so he was missing from Clara’s life for a week).

 

 

however, flying my colours, I’ve not enjoyed Who as much as I have in a long time these last three seasons. For purely aesthetic reasons I could watch Mandip Gill all day and Bradley Walsh is an amazing “face actor” (lots of subtle reactions), and someone on the writing team has had some experience with Chemotherapy because Graham has a weakness to bright light, and that’s a common side effect of chemo, he’s always wearing sunglasses outside or squinting badly. You see it in Praxeus, he takes his sunglasses off to help build rapport via eye contact with what’shisname and spends the rest of the scene squinting in some obvious discomfort. That could be Walsh having sensative eyes, but I think if it was “real world” they’d have let him keep his sunglasses on.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
3 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Khufu Communications?

 in science people got to get over those theories,  the only thing strange is why the shafts of the pyramid were built.

 

https://www.ancient-origins.net/opinion-guest-authors/unraveling-mystery-great-pyramid-air-shafts-006602

I’m of the “Ka escape route” school of thought.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
31 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I’m of the “Ka escape route” school of thought.

I`m  old but you kids have to get over the paranormal, but looked into science  for the questions, there is a program  on cpam  that has those  tests and science always win :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
Just now, docyabut2 said:

I`m  old but you kids have to get over the paranormal, but looked into science  for the questions, there is a program  on cpam  that has those  tests and science always win :)

You old people need to remember this thing called “imagination” exists :P

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
8 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You old people need to remember this thing called “imagination” exists :P

I know the answers of the paranormal  imaginations , dreams :)

Edited by docyabut2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
37 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I know the answers of the paranormal  imaginations , dreams :)

The imagination of the engineers that the Ka left the body lead to the building of the air vents in the pyramids. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
57 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I`m  old but you kids have to get over the paranormal, but looked into science  for the questions, there is a program  on cpam  that has those  tests and science always win :)

What was that, little miss “Atlantis was real”, about trusting the science and tests?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

What was that, little miss “Atlantis was real”, about trusting the science and tests?

 I found Atlantis :):)

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/2500-year-old-city-buried-under-flood-sediment-may-belong-lost-civilization-020521

Edited by docyabut2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I’m of the “Ka escape route” school of thought.

Quote

The watery Abyss is located both behind the stars,and underground, and it is the Abyss that is the source of all the spiritual waters.17 It was considered necessary, therefore, for the standard burial chamber to be underground. Since the chamber was located underground, the sarcophagus was by definition deposited within the spiritual waters of the Abyss. In ancient Egyptian symbolic thought, these waters would then serve as the Inundation of the Nile, whose purpose was to give new life to the deceased king. Logic dictates that if one were to move the burial chamber above ground, one would then have to find a  way of channeling the celestial waters of the Abyss to flow into the sepulchral chamber so that the resurrection could still occur.Nearly every pyramid in ancient Egypt has its burial chamber below the level of the entrance into the pyramid.

http://www.gizapyramids.org/pdf_library/sakovich_jarce_42_2005-6.pdf

Harte

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swede
27 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

You are citing a rather less-than-reliable reference and an even more questionable "author". To quote:

Freelance writer, blogger and expert in social networks, Mariló has been working and collaborating with online media for several years. Fond of nature, pets, history, photography, ecology, byodinamics, spirituality, ancient civilizations, travelling and parapsychology,

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/2500-year-old-city-buried-under-flood-sediment-may-belong-lost-civilization-020521

Hardly a worthwhile source.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Swede
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
49 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Good work mate ! and it was exactly where you said it would be. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
34 minutes ago, Swede said:

You are citing a rather less-than-reliable reference and an even more questionable "author". To quote:

Freelance writer, blogger and expert in social networks, Mariló has been working and collaborating with online media for several years. Fond of nature, pets, history, photography, ecology, byodinamics, spirituality, ancient civilizations, travelling and parapsychology,

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/2500-year-old-city-buried-under-flood-sediment-may-belong-lost-civilization-020521

Hardly a worthwhile source.

Edit: Typo.

Yeah a 5 year old story about a habitation from circa 500 BC just 9,000 or so years off the mark!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
2 hours ago, Swede said:

You are citing a rather less-than-reliable reference and an even more questionable "author". To quote:

Freelance writer, blogger and expert in social networks, Mariló has been working and collaborating with online media for several years. Fond of nature, pets, history, photography, ecology, byodinamics, spirituality, ancient civilizations, travelling and parapsychology,

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/2500-year-old-city-buried-under-flood-sediment-may-belong-lost-civilization-020521

Hardly a worthwhile source.

Edit: Typo.

...considering how often some here pull Jason Coravito outta their ****... thats quite a statement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Good work mate ! and it was exactly where you said it would be. 

But not, one notes, where Plato said it was. 
who to believe....hmmm..... who to believe.....

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Bait not, one notes, where Plato said it was. 
who to believe....hmmm..... who to believe.....

this is a english language forum. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

this is a english language forum. 

I only speak two languages, English and Bad English.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drakonwick

On a more serious note! If the Great Pyramid was a communication device, (Which is highly doubtful.) who were the Egyptians communicating with, Aliens that taught them how to build the Pyramids? 

I see all kinds of wild claims and beliefs on here, at least that keeps it interesting.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
22 minutes ago, drakonwick said:

On a more serious note! If the Great Pyramid was a communication device, (Which is highly doubtful.) who were the Egyptians communicating with...

Exactly what I wanted to ask. Bravo!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
40 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I only speak two languages, English and Bad English.

All you Aussies sound like Yam Yams (Black Country folk) to me. I guess that's your "Bad English". :unsure2:

7 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Exactly what I wanted to ask. Bravo!

The answer is 1-900-PORN. :o

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
41 minutes ago, drakonwick said:

On a more serious note! If the Great Pyramid was a communication device, (Which is highly doubtful.) who were the Egyptians communicating with,

Burt Reynolds.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Burt Reynolds.

Hans's bionic Bigfoot in Mt. Shasta to help them move rocks. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.