Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where Does The Impeachment Leave U.S?

Raptor Witness

The big question now is, where does the impeachment leave U.S., and where does it lead?

If you listen to the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell yesterday, after his acquittal, he believes that it’s all just a “delusional fever,” stopped by “a firewall called the Senate.” Skip to the 8:50 minute mark ....

I think a more relevant question is, where does the republic stand as a result of these proceedings?

My thoughts are grave indeed, as I see a nation unable to tell the truth about any serious threat or challenge. I see a nation that is guaranteed to fall; which is overcome by humanism, and the arrogance of it’s past achievements.

I see an end to the republic, without any chance of recovery, until an afterlife, brought not by men in black, but women in white. The reason is not paradoxical or partisan, for women are the repositories of new innocence.

God will not bless America in its current form. He will curse U.S., without regret, and the “fever,” which Mitch McConnell fears; is here to stay, compounded by a disease, which he supports.

Skip to the 11:59 minute mark, P.M...

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

My thoughts as a foreigner: within some weeks after the election of #45 I saw that some of the good values of the US will vanish. I was also astonished that such a person got elected by a very big part of the US population, it was a shock somehow. The following months my worst fears about this guy and his politics, or even no-politics, came true. With the beginning of the impeachment trial I was in the opinion that decency may come back in the US and its domestic policy but this wish was taken to the grave yesterday. Also yesterday, the US morphed into a banana republic 2.0, headed by a self-proclaimed king who seems to be unassailable. But its not only him who is guilty, the much bigger guilt is on the shoulders of the whole bunch of republican senators who cover him in a North Korean fashion. The prohibition for a testimony by John Bolton is a very clear indicator that the republicans took their "decision" to the benefit of a personality cult and their own, limited by age, future in politics, instead based on all facts available. Maybe the testimony by Bolton wouldnt had lead to a removal from office of #45, but to suppress possible important additional facts by the vote of biased persons isnt democratic in any kind and not in the sense of right in general, but it is the suppression of right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Donald Trump has been like peeling an onion and then cutting it up, into quarters, then eights. The smaller the pieces, the more tears we shed.

54 minutes ago, toast said:

My thoughts as a foreigner: within some weeks after the election of #45 I saw that some of the good values of the US will vanish. I was also astonished that such a person got elected by a very big part of the US population, it was a shock somehow. The following months my worst fears about this guy and his politics, or even no-politics, came true. With the beginning of the impeachment trial I was in the opinion that decency may come back in the US and its domestic policy but this wish was taken to the grave yesterday. Also yesterday, the US morphed into a banana republic 2.0, headed by a self-proclaimed king who seems to be unassailable. But its not only him who is guilty, the much bigger guilt is on the shoulders of the whole bunch of republican senators who cover him in a North Korean fashion. The prohibition for a testimony by John Bolton is a very clear indicator that the republicans took their "decision" to the benefit of a personality cult and their own, limited by age, future in politics, instead based on all facts available. Maybe the testimony by Bolton wouldnt had lead to a removal from office of #45, but to suppress possible important additional facts by the vote of biased persons isnt democratic in any kind and not in the sense of right in general, but it is the suppression of right.

American politic parties have been pronounced dead many times over the years, only to spring back for the next election.

America is not dead yet, but asleep, as is Merlin in his cave, awaiting the coming of the True President.

Doug

• Like 2

You guys are total drama queens.  America has always had a short memory.  Carry on.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

If this thread so far is any indication, I suspect the result of Trump's impeachment and acquittal will be one continual circle jerk among liberals while the rest of the world moves on.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, toast said:

In the meantime, your government is in constant and intimate collusion with the Russia we are suppose to defend Ukraine from. It's amazing how oblivious your are to your own hypocrisy.

angela-merkel-wladimir-putin.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Nothing will happen. Nothing that means anything. I lost all hope in our political system a long time ago. Amazes me that some still have any trust in it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Nothing will happen. Nothing that means anything. I lost all hope in our political system a long time ago. Amazes me that some still have any trust in it. 

We still have hope.  There's an election in November.  Maybe it will be an honest one.

Russia has a vested interest in meddling now.  If somebody other than Trump gets in, they haven't seen the beginning of sanctions yet.  You can count on Russian meddling.

Doug

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

The big question now is, where does the impeachment leave U.S., and where does it lead?

If you listen to the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell yesterday, after his acquittal, he believes that it’s all just a “delusional fever,” stopped by “a firewall called the Senate.” Skip to the 8:50 minute mark ....

I think a more relevant question is, where does the republic stand as a result of these proceedings?

My thoughts are grave indeed, as I see a nation unable to tell the truth about any serious threat or challenge. I see a nation that is guaranteed to fall; which is overcome by humanism, and the arrogance of it’s past achievements.

I see an end to the republic, without any chance of recovery, until an afterlife, brought not by men in black, but women in white. The reason is not paradoxical or partisan, for women are the repositories of new innocence.

God will not bless America in its current form. He will curse U.S., without regret, and the “fever,” which Mitch McConnell fears; is here to stay, compounded by a disease, which he supports.

Skip to the 11:59 minute mark, P.M...

All you ever see is doom and gloom...what else is new?

It isn't really that you 'see' doom and gloom.  Not if you break down the psychology of it.  It is more likely that you 'want' to see doom and gloom.  You want bad things to happen.  You want what you 'see'.   Pretty frightening revelation in and of itself...However; it is very unlikely that you will ever 'see' that you are only projecting that which you 'want' to see happen.   You project such doom and gloom because 'seeing' it makes you feel important.  If Doom and Gloom did happen you would be all over it saying...SEE...look at me...I TOLD you this would happen...and you would then revel in your pathetic state of ecstasy at everything that went down.

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

We still have hope.  There's an election in November.  Maybe it will be an honest one.

Russia has a vested interest in meddling now.  If somebody other than Trump gets in, they haven't seen the beginning of sanctions yet.  You can count on Russian meddling.

Doug

This is just setting up a basis on which to complain.  If your guy wins it was an honest election.  If Trump wins it was obviously due to Russian interference.  That's not hope, it's delusion.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

In the meantime, your government is in constant and intimate collusion with the Russia we are suppose to defend Ukraine from. It's amazing how oblivious your are to your own hypocrisy.

You may call it collusion, I call it a for decades reliably partnership with a country we were in a war decades ago. And you have to accept the fact that the level of reliability Russia is giving in trade and bilateral relations isnt available anymore from the US since 19DEC2016. If you feel the need to open a thread about Germany/Russia please feel free to do so and dont dilute this very thread here with your outdated cold-war paranoia and conspiracy theories.

15 minutes ago, toast said:

You may call it collusion, I call it a for decades reliably partnership with a country we were in a war decades ago. And you have to accept the fact that the level of reliability Russia is giving in trade and bilateral relations isnt available anymore from the US since 19DEC2016. If you feel the need to open a thread about Germany/Russia please feel free to do so and dont dilute this very thread here with your outdated cold-war paranoia and conspiracy theories.

Thank you for that honest admission of guilt. Grovel to the Russians all you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

This is just setting up a basis on which to complain.  If your guy wins it was an honest election.  If Trump wins it was obviously due to Russian interference.  That's not hope, it's delusion.

You are surely a suspicious person.

I say that because if I were the newly-elected President, Russia could count on severe sanctions as retribution for previous meddling.  Knowing this, the Russians would have every reason to interfere.

As I expect somebody other than Trump, probably Bernie, to win, I would have no reason to set up a basis for complaining.  But I expect you're right.  If Bernie wins, it's an honest election and if Trump wins, it isn't.  At least we agree.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029

Re:  Rush Limbaugh's cancer:

It is to be hoped that the operation is successful so the cancer can live free.

Doug

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Re:  Rush Limbaugh's cancer:

It is to be hoped that the operation is successful so the cancer can live free.

Doug

DUDE! really, low blow. There’s a time and a place, and when a fella’s facing potentially terminal cancer that isn’t the time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

OK, so the question in the opening article is this...... 

"Where does the impeachment leave us ? ". 

Well the answer is... nowhere. It is an natural extension of the Democrats attempts to "get" the President since even before he was the President. 

Where does it leave us ? 

Well, the Democrat Party is about to disintegrate under the weight of its own monomania - over the last three years - to "get Trump". The pigeons are coming home, and the Democrats are losing their base support as a consequence. 

The Republicans are about to regain both houses. 

But.. in 8 years time, the Democrats will re-organise, and shrug off their ultra-progressive wing, and come back in from the cold. 

But the next 8 years belong to the Republicans :)

And THAT is all down to the left-wing media. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So you think another Republican to follow Trump? 

Ah... now THAT is a VERY interesting question. 

Who can follow him ? Not any of the current "standard politicians", that's for sure.  

I don't know; I really don't. 

Iron Man ? Thor ? Captain America ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, bee said:

Trump Jr...?

No Trump jr Trump senior. he's the real deal. I called it and I will say it again. Trump will win november.. the Dem's shot themselves yet again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1