Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Neuralink ~ Connects Brains to The Internet

joc

Elon Musk wants to connect your BRAIN to a computer this year as ‘awesome’ Neuralink mind-chip prepares to launch

Musk has been has been developing the technology, called Neuralink, because he thinks humans must become one with machines in order to survive being replaced by artificial intelligence.

His plan to "save the human race" involves wiring computer chips into our minds to merge us with artificial intelligence.

Last July, Neuralink revealed plans to use lasers to shoot holes in skulls and feed threads of electrodes into the human brain.

It declared this was a potential way of connecting the human brain to machines.

• Like 4

I think I'll wait for Beta testing to finish :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Brains connected to the Internet. Now that's a novel concept. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Elon Musk wants to connect your BRAIN to a computer this year as ‘awesome’ Neuralink mind-chip prepares to launch

Musk has been has been developing the technology, called Neuralink, because he thinks humans must become one with machines in order to survive being replaced by artificial intelligence.

His plan to "save the human race" involves wiring computer chips into our minds to merge us with artificial intelligence.

Last July, Neuralink revealed plans to use lasers to shoot holes in skulls and feed threads of electrodes into the human brain.

It declared this was a potential way of connecting the human brain to machines.

This post has actually made me afraid.....very afraid, and I can’t un-read it!  Aaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!

Its like the world is becoming a Sci-Fi movie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

This post has actually made me afraid.....very afraid, and I can’t un-read it!  Aaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!

I know the feeling.  I used to think about the marvels of technology when I worked as an MRI technologist.  Imagining the reaction of people only 100 years or less into the past with our current tech and I realized it would be frightening.  Showing them pictures of the INSIDE of a body... not just bones, but tissues, in detail, would have made them think it was magic.  Hell, they might even have wanted to run you out of town or worse ;) I can't even imagine what tech will be like if our species survives another century.  FWIW, I don't believe there will ever be a true melding of the human soul with a machine.  It will be possible to perfectly map every memory and download it to a machine but all that will be is a machine with files that explain the experiences that human HAD.  My 2C

• Like 3

On 2/6/2020 at 12:58 PM, Guyver said:

It would be awsome if we could use this somehow in the medical field somehow, like to relief sever back pain and some how use it reverse dementia and M.S. and autism, etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

It would be awsome if we could use this somehow in the medical field somehow, like to relief sever back pain and some how use it reverse dementia and M.S. and autism, etc.

That's what I've been thinking ever since they started experiments with this. I think there's considerable potential for this in the mental health field. Imagine if a psychotherapist *really* could look at the trauma a patient is experiencing, or the possibility of altering/overriding harmful mental processes.
Of course there's always a anger of it being misused, but I think the potential for good far outweighs the potential dangers.

• Like 1