Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Need help my life now is darkly blocked

mandrake00

I'm working in a place that I hate, iam now beginning to enter depression. I already asked my boss to let me out to another department. It's been now almost three years and I'm still there.

Can someone make a reading to know when will I have the authorization to change to another department?

Thank you 

• Like 1

Most of the jobs I've ever had have bored me out of my skull, so I've simply told the bosses I'm quitting, it's the sweetest feeling in the world to be free at last..:clap:

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mandrake00 said:

I'm working in a place that I hate, iam now beginning to enter depression. I already asked my boss to let me out to another department. It's been now almost three years and I'm still there.

Can someone make a reading to know when will I have the authorization to change to another department?

Thank you 

You don't need a reading for something like this.

You asked your boss so all you can do now is wait and in the meantime just do your job to the best of your ability then when you go home you can forget about it all and live the rest of your daily life as best you can too.

16 minutes ago, mandrake00 said:

Thank you 

Is it possible you could change to a different company instead of waiting to be changed to a different department?  I don't do readings on this type of thing but maybe someone could. 

In the meantime I will tell you a story about my life when I was in the pits and hated my job.  I learned to meditate and one day when I was in the lunch room wishing I had a different job because of all the "crazy" people I had to work with the voice in my head said "you have no control over those people, you only have control over what you think of them."  It was like a bucket of cold water to wake me up.  I started making an effort to find something I liked about each of them starting with the one I found the most difficult.  When I did that they started telling me about their lives and I was amazed at the things they had gone through and how they coped.  I was the crazy one or at least as crazy as they were (we were all a mess). It made the job easier.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Most of the jobs I've ever had have bored me out of my skull, so I've simply told the bosses I'm quitting, it's the sweetest feeling in the world to be free at last..:clap:

Yeah, that's fine if you don't have a family to support and/or you live in an area where you can get another job easily.

24 minutes ago, mandrake00 said:

Thank you 

Keep working your job. If things do not change, then keep working while searching for something else. Once you find something else, perhaps better, the rest is up to you. Good luck.

• Like 2

Thank you all for the support.

I'm already 50, so it's hard to get a job at this age, more even one that pays the same. That's why I've been waiting for so long, otherwise I would have already quit  a long time ago, plus I have 3 kids and a wife. I must stay focused, but its getting harder.

I'm getting so desperate that's why I would like a reading of the future to see if I'll get lucky soon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mandrake00 said:

I'm already 50, so it's hard to get a job at this age, more even one that pays the same. That's why I've been waiting for so long, otherwise I would have already quit  a long time ago, plus I have 3 kids and a wife. I must stay focused, but its getting harder.

I'm getting so desperate that's why I would like a reading of the future to see if I'll get lucky soon.

It's rare to find a reader who could give you answers like that.  It would be better to work it out for yourself and make your own luck.  If you have a skill you can sign up with a head hunter and have them help you find a better job.  Depending on your skill set and the area you live in, you might be surprised what is out there.  Some companies need people with experience.

I was 58 when I got the job I have now and I had been looking for quite some time, since I quit to take care of my mother.  It is different when you are over 50, but the jobs are out there.  I did have to move back to Texas but later the company let me move back and work from home.  I know that would be hard for you since you have a wife and kids.

Edited by Desertrat56

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It's rare to find a reader who could give you answers like that.  It would be better to work it out for yourself and make your own luck.  If you have a skill you can sign up with a head hunter and have them help you find a better job.  Depending on your skill set and the area you live in, you might be surprised what is out there.  Some companies need people with experience.

I was 58 when I got the job I have now and I had been looking for quite some time, since I quit to take care of my mother.  It is different when you are over 50, but the jobs are out there.  I did have to move back to Texas but later the company let me move back and work from home.  I know that would be hard for you since you have a wife and kids.

I'm from Portugal.

What is a head hunter?

3 minutes ago, mandrake00 said:

I'm from Portugal.

What is a head hunter?

In the U.S. a head hunter is what we call a person who works for a company that finds jobs for people.  Usually a company that needs skilled people hires them to find workers.  I can't think of another term for it but I know there is one.  Someone here will know.

From what people tell me, it is not easy to find work past 50, unless you have a particular skill that is in demand. It is aeons since I worked for a boss, but I think generally it is other people among the staff that are the cause of the most dissatisfaction. and that may be the case here.

50 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

In the U.S. a head hunter is what we call a person who works for a company that finds jobs for people.  Usually a company that needs skilled people hires them to find workers.  I can't think of another term for it but I know there is one.  Someone here will know.

They are employment services. Many can be found online. You just fill in the applications listing your education, work history and skills. Many companies also list their career opportunities online that you can apply for. Google for the one's in your area. I'm sure Portugal has the same services. You may be pleasantly surprised how many companies value age (stability) and experience above entry level.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Dont quit your job it's easier to get another If you already have one. 

7 hours ago, mandrake00 said:

Thank you 

Its actually all up to you. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, keep the pressure on, the more you squeak the quicker, you'll get that desired department ; ) and try to remember it could always be worse ; ) do everything in your power to lift your spirits and do not give in to depression EVER, once you do it's hard to climb back out of, good luck! & welcome to the forum.

Edited by Jujo-jo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

Its actually all up to you. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, keep the pressure on, the more you squeak the quicker, you'll get that desired department ; ) and try to remember it could always be worse ; ) do everything in your power to lift your spirits and do not give in to depression EVER, once you do it's hard to climb back out of, good luck! & welcome to the forum.

I begged everybody I could for one year, then they promised they would get someone to replace me. Now there is an application running for someone. The problem is my boss he is very mean so even if someone shows up in afraid he'll come up with an excuse to not let me go.

I'll try to come down and wait for the application to be finished, then according to what happens I'll decide what to do.

11 hours ago, mandrake00 said:

What exactly is it about the job that is displeasing?

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

What exactly is it about the job that is displeasing?

It's a series of factors.

The job has a schedule that does not fill my present life because it's a bit far from my town it's a late schedule and as I have three small kids my wife has to take care of them all and like this I don't get to bond with them enough.

The job itself, I'm a swimming teacher and I am super fed up with doing the same thing for over a decade, I have to be in the water everyday and most of the days the water is cold, it becomes very unpleasant.

My boss is a bad character never smiles it's always negative.

More or less this is the situation.

Like others have suggested, hold onto the job but look for something else. Something better. My only suggestion is to not let it get to you. I know it's easier said than done. I think you'll get something soon. If you're looking. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mandrake00 said:

Your life will change when you decide to change it.  Find another job. Find another city. Find another path.  It's up to you.  If you sit around and wait for other's to define what your life will be...you will always be someone else's definition.  Define your own life.  You have power you don't even know you have.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mandrake00 said:

..I'm getting so desperate that's why I would like a reading of the future to see if I'll get lucky soon.

You could try making your own luck. Check these quotes..:D-

"Luck has a peculiar habit of favoring those who don't depend on it" - Anon

"A person does not seek luck, luck seeks the person" - Turkish proverb

"Luck is not something you can mention in the presence of self-made men"- E.B.White

"Luck? I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it.... Luck to me is something else.....realizing what is opportunity and what isn't" - Lucille Ball

"Luck is believing you're lucky" - Tennessee Williams

"I deserved my good luck" - Margaret Thatcher

I've walked out of some jobs after less than a week, it's easy..:D

For example as a youth I was briefly a laundry van driver's assistant, delivering fresh towels to factories and offices out in the nice fresh air. "Don't just walk" said the lady driver, "RUN so that we'll be the first van back to base at the end of the day" So I ran but was soon knackered, so I said "When do we take our lunch break?"

"We don't take one" she replied, "I work right through the day without stopping". so I walked out..:D

Edited by Crikey

3 hours ago, mandrake00 said:

It's a series of factors.

The job has a schedule that does not fill my present life because it's a bit far from my town it's a late schedule and as I have three small kids my wife has to take care of them all and like this I don't get to bond with them enough.

The job itself, I'm a swimming teacher and I am super fed up with doing the same thing for over a decade, I have to be in the water everyday and most of the days the water is cold, it becomes very unpleasant.

More or less this is the situation.

Well in this day and age there are lots of opportunities out there, they are endless, you just need to use some of your vacation days and go start handing out your resume. You'll get hired somewhere but I wouldn't quit without having something else and try to do it so you don't burn any bridges, just incase you do want to go back it'll be easier for everyone.

15 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

In the meantime I will tell you a story about my life when I was in the pits and hated my job.  I learned to meditate and one day when I was in the lunch room wishing I had a different job because of all the "crazy" people I had to work with the voice in my head said "you have no control over those people, you only have control over what you think of them."  It was like a bucket of cold water to wake me up.  I started making an effort to find something I liked about each of them starting with the one I found the most difficult.  When I did that they started telling me about their lives and I was amazed at the things they had gone through and how they coped.  I was the crazy one or at least as crazy as they were (we were all a mess). It made the job easier.

@mandrake00 :

^^^^There’s a lot of wisdom in Desertrat56’s reply, and I think that’s your answer. 

3 hours ago, mandrake00 said:

You mentioned your wife and your kids and your boss, but you skimmed right over your students. No mention of them at all. That’s puzzling to me. It appears you’ve gotten stuck in a rut where you’re more focused on the condition of your job than you are on your students. For the remainder of your time there, I suggest you follow Desertrat56’s advice and focus on the people instead of the job. Point out to them the positive things in their personalities and their talents.

Regarding your boss: you mentioned his negativity twice. I suggest you look for clues as to why he’s negative. Listen carefully to his words, especially anything he says twice in the same conversation. Don’t be intrusive of course, but make an effort to understand why he behaves the way he does. It’s possible that your whole purpose for being there is to help him through the same problems you’re having.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mandrake00 said:

.. I have to be in the water everyday and most of the days the water is cold, it becomes very unpleasant..

If the pupils feel the cold too, leak the story to the newspapers anonymously and say you're worried about their health, then that might kickstart the pool owners to warm it up.