Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Video: bizarre-looking bug astounds motorist

Recommended Posts

Still Waters

A South Carolina motorist was left scratching his head when he discovered that he had an unnerving 'passenger' in the form of a rather bizarre-looking bug. Tommy Hortman reportedly spotted the curious critter when he returned to his parked truck and noticed the unsettling insect crawling near his window. "It looked alien," the bewildered driver recalled, "like a claymation cross between a squid and a lobster.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/watch-alien-bug-astounds-driver

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Robotic Jew

Don't know what it is but it gives me the heebeejeebees.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bed of chaos

Hag moth larvae (south carolina) reportedly these things sting..wouldn't be happy seeing one in my car.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joe Rogers

Kinda reminds me of a really tiny King Ghidorah from Godzilla.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
8 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Don't know what it is but it gives me the heebeejeebees.

It’s Becoming and it doesn’t bite.  Soft and {{Furry}}. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
8 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

Hag moth larvae (south carolina) reportedly these things sting..wouldn't be happy seeing one in my car.

....The larva is distinctive, with no close analogues, although it may be mistaken for the shed skin of a hairy spider or leaf debris. It has six pairs of curly projections, three long and three short from the flattened body, each densely covered in hairs. According to David L. Wagner, who experimented on himself, the hairs do not sting, contrary to popular belief....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobetron_pithecium

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina

Mothophobia...:lol: ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina

All dudes, afraid of Moths.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bed of chaos
4 hours ago, Festina Lente said:

....The larva is distinctive, with no close analogues, although it may be mistaken for the shed skin of a hairy spider or leaf debris. It has six pairs of curly projections, three long and three short from the flattened body, each densely covered in hairs. According to David L. Wagner, who experimented on himself, the hairs do not sting, contrary to popular belief....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobetron_pithecium

 

Link states "some members of the Limacodidae family do sting". Sting or no sting, it looks like the face hugger from Alien. I want nothing to do with it.

Edited by Bed of chaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt221

"Monkey Slug" sounds like a thrash metal band

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.