Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paradise

Perdurabo

Imagine you’ve died and gone to heaven. (You can even skip the whole dying part if it makes you uneasy…) What would that be like? Probably really great, what with it being heaven and all. No bad stuff, of course. No pain or suffering. Nothing ugly or dirty allowed. It would be perfect! Everything would revolve around you, catering to your merest whim. Success would immediately follow anything you set your hand to. As soon as you desired a thing to become so, it would spring into existence. And oh yeah! It would be ETERNAL. You need never fear the future again. Wow…just think about it!

Now think about it some more. Really get into it until you feel the horror begin to seep in around the edges. Perfect. Easy. Forever

Heaven sounds a bit… well, I guess “hellish” would be the word.

Well, wait a minute! Who says heaven has to be boring? We could let some ugliness come in. Just for theatrical purposes right? Helps us appreciate all that beauty and stuff. And maybe we could make an adventure out it. Hide some obstacles here and there just to keep us on our toes and add some interest. Maybe even a few monsters and bugaboos to boost the intensity. We’d better throw some pain and anguish into the mix too, lest our triumphs and victories feel a little flat. We would also need a virtual-reality type immersion so that we actually believe the challenges are real and important. Oh yeah! There’s one other little detail we would need to implement. It’s small but super-important. There needs to be a mechanism to let us take a break once in awhile. Just to come up for air and organize our thoughts. Touch base with Reality. Of course, we’ll need to keep what happens during those breaks an absolute mystery or the whole heavenly masquerade will fall apart.

And where’s the fun in that?

• Haha 1

I dare say this is a prime example of "getting ahead of yourself "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If heaven is perfect and easy, send me to hell. Heaven is boring. Even with the obstacles, you're still playing on "God mode". 

Edited by XenoFish
Too early for this

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

If heaven is perfect and easy, send me to hell. Heaven is boring. Even with the obstacles, you're still playing on "God mode". 

A golf fan once asked Billy Graham "Is there golf in heaven?" and Graham replied "Yes if you want it to be".

Personally I want Nurse Chapel to be there so she can mother me, pamper me and fuss over me for all eternity..:D

Here Scotty's getting all her attention the lucky son of a gun- 

Christine-Chapel.jpg

• Haha 3

On 2/8/2020 at 2:11 AM, Perdurabo said:

Imagine you’ve died and gone to heaven. (You can even skip the whole dying part if it makes you uneasy…) What would that be like?

IT WOULD BE LIKE HEAVEN -WHATEVER HEAVEN IS LIKE...

Heaven sounds a bit… well, I guess “hellish”

Who says heaven has to be boring? We could let some ugliness come in. Just for theatrical purposes right? Helps us appreciate all that 

Hellish you say, because there'd be peace and we are not used to things being easy and peaceful so you think it would be hellish and boarding. If I understand you correctly then...

I wouldn't think so, my life has been hell.

So I would not find a peaceful easy life in heaven as boring or dull, I have seen enough ugliness in my life I wouldn't see a need to invite it in to my heavenly realm ; )

Although I will admit I have learned that not ALL ugly things are ugly and evil, if that makes sense ; )

I would appreciate heaven just as it is.

The fun for me would be, the new Heavenly realm in itself!

I've spent a life time on earth and in this body so I would think that after I die and go to Heaven that new adventures await me. 

I'll see a new land I'm not familiar with that I'd have to adjust to as well as being out side of my body and in the spirit, I think would also have it's own adventures and much better then some of the ones I've had here on earth and in this body.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2020 at 11:11 PM, Perdurabo said:

Imagine you’ve died and gone to heaven. (You can even skip the whole dying part if it makes you uneasy…) What would that be like? Probably really great, what with it being heaven and all. No bad stuff, of course. No pain or suffering. Nothing ugly or dirty allowed. It would be perfect! Everything would revolve around you, catering to your merest whim. Success would immediately follow anything you set your hand to. As soon as you desired a thing to become so, it would spring into existence. And oh yeah! It would be ETERNAL. You need never fear the future again. Wow…just think about it!

Now think about it some more. Really get into it until you feel the horror begin to seep in around the edges. Perfect. Easy. Forever

Heaven sounds a bit… well, I guess “hellish” would be the word.

Well, wait a minute! Who says heaven has to be boring? We could let some ugliness come in. Just for theatrical purposes right? Helps us appreciate all that beauty and stuff. And maybe we could make an adventure out it. Hide some obstacles here and there just to keep us on our toes and add some interest. Maybe even a few monsters and bugaboos to boost the intensity. We’d better throw some pain and anguish into the mix too, lest our triumphs and victories feel a little flat. We would also need a virtual-reality type immersion so that we actually believe the challenges are real and important. Oh yeah! There’s one other little detail we would need to implement. It’s small but super-important. There needs to be a mechanism to let us take a break once in awhile. Just to come up for air and organize our thoughts. Touch base with Reality. Of course, we’ll need to keep what happens during those breaks an absolute mystery or the whole heavenly masquerade will fall apart.

If Hell existed you just described it, sounds like your living on the Dark Side!!!:devil: Have you ever spent anytime hanging around Cross Roads? You sound Awfully Familliar to me!!:devil:

Well I will catch you in the future, and until then welcome to the forum!!:devil:

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender