Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Mystery as bird hovers motionless

40 posts in this topic

Glacknor

I see nothing in this video to suggest anything but a still shot that's been zoomed and made into a video. there are zero other moving objects other than the zoom. If this was truly a real event that was enough to stop the car to film, I'd think there would be more video. That said, hovering birds is nothing special. Neither are kites, and neither are scammers... actually, I think scammers are more prevalent than the aforementioned events.  I call fake. Regardless, nothing weird here, which is a bummer.

• Like 4

Timothy
6 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Man finds glitch in matrix, takes short video from his car, then ignores any further investigation, and then claims glitch in matrix.  Fake as f.

Kinda like your avatar photo unfortunately. 

MissJatti

i see this thing happen a lot in real life, and on Sir Lord David Attenborough programmes (or any animal programmes)

Check google for more info.

DieChecker

I like Glacknor's idea of a video of a photo. Fits everything best, IMHO. 

• Like 4

RoofGardener
14 hours ago, bison said:

The video is a jittery mess, but I think I have an explanation. I've seen birds essentially hovering like this, heading into a strong wind. They appear to balance themselves against the wind, remaining nearly motionless. For a bird of prey, or a scavenger, as this appears to be, this could be a useful maneuver. It could survey its surroundings with very little energy expended. 

13 hours ago, Seti42 said:

The video is garbage. I really wish people would use some common sense when filming.
As others have already pointed out, birds can and do 'hover' on updrafts and headwinds.

8 hours ago, and then said:

Yep... you see gulls doing this all the time at the beach.  They just catch a breeze and float.

Not without their feathers ruffling, they don't ? 

4 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

The bird looks to be completely static and unmoving. Even a bird hovering in place or stuck on something would be moving. So would a kite or trash bag or any misidentified object. I'm calling hoax on this one.

Yup ! 

2 hours ago, Glacknor said:

I see nothing in this video to suggest anything but a still shot that's been zoomed and made into a video. there are zero other moving objects other than the zoom. If this was truly a real event that was enough to stop the car to film, I'd think there would be more video. That said, hovering birds is nothing special. Neither are kites, and neither are scammers... actually, I think scammers are more prevalent than the aforementioned events.  I call fake. Regardless, nothing weird here, which is a bummer.

27 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I like Glacknor's idea of a video of a photo. Fits everything best, IMHO. 

As @Glacknor and @DieChecker have stated... the video of a photograph fits best ? 

• Like 2

Crikey

Many years ago our young schoolmate Pete was in tears one evening, claiming he'd seen a "ghost face" in some bushes in a field on the way home, so we all went to look, and sure enough from a distance it looked like a hideous skull, and some kids ran off in shock..But me and a couple of others walked right up to it and saw that it was simply an old white enamel bowl with bits chipped off that made it appear to have "eye sockets".

But in that bird video nobody got out the car to go look at it close up (like any normal person would), so the vid shooters probably hung it (a stuffed bird) from the phone wires as a prank/fake..:lol:

PS- Or else Glacknor is spot on when he said it could just be a still photo with a "wobbly camera" effect thrown in to make it look like a vid..:D

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 1

Chaldon
18 hours ago, XenoFish said:

news-bird-frozen.jpg

Look right behind the birds tail feathers. 

You're absolutely right.

• Like 1

Festina

This? A bird or a kite hovering?   A glitch in the matrix? :lol:

Scholar4Truth

Don't you all know. Birds are actually drones, it was just taking surveillance :rolleyes: 

bruce fiction

I don't know about this all the video is doing is zooming in and out witch causing me to believe that this video is fake

skookum

Video does not convince me.

But this guy on the radio was talking about Matrix style simulations.

Really interesting idea that if it is possible to create one in the future then there is only two possibilities in our consciousness as we currently understand it.

We are either living in a reality before such technology exists which I believe most of us do.

Or we are in a Matrix style simulation and the vast majority of us are unaware.

Sadly I couldn't listen to the whole show but part of the evidence people who believe we are in a simulation is the phenomenon of the Mandela effect.

I had never heard of it so looked it up. The Mandela effect is when multiple people have the same memory about a historical event that never happened. It got the name as a person at a conference had a vision they shared with others they believed. 

It was Nelson Mandela died in the 1980's in prison. Other people recalled the same memory and could put add complex memories such as the widows speech, rioting in South Africa and would news including reporters on televisions names who broke the news.

This happened in 2007 when Nelson Mandela was still alive and he died in 2013 in freedom.

Other less dramatic examples are that most of us can recall a painting of Henry VIII at a banquet with a Chicken or Turkey leg in his hand. No such painting exists.

On the internet there are thousands of examples. 

Weird stuff.

Robotic Jew
On 2/8/2020 at 1:34 PM, XenoFish said:

news-bird-frozen.jpg

Look right behind the birds tail feathers. 

Now they have BIRDS making chemtrails??? How can we combat that??

XenoFish
18 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Now they have BIRDS making chemtrails??? How can we combat that??

Looks like fishing line to me.

Robotic Jew
3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Looks like fishing line to me.

That's just what they WANT you to think!

https://birdsarentreal.com/

Edited by Robotic Jew
  • Haha 2

aztek

strong headwind,