Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump’s revenge

Unusual Tournament

20 minutes ago, third_eye said:

And then all you have to pray for is no one succeeds in "taking him out" to "get rid of him"

~

I do, actually.  Seriously.  It's a potential event that should cause a lot of concern for Americans.  Not just in the case of Trump.  Our politics have always trended toward incivility during campaigns.  This is different.  This is the first time in my life or in any history I'm aware of where one Party refused to accept the results of an election and openly worked to remove the winner.  This country has always been about finding compromise.  It ends as soon as that stops.

If, God forbid, he was assassinated, the time immediately after that could be catastrophic.  Let's face it, the hate that has been expressed at him would not end.  Social media and even so-called news outlets would have a grand old time spitting on his grave and his supporters and THAT would be the end of restraint for a huge number of Americans.  

I'm sincerely trusting in the hope that presidential protection details in the secret service have avoided the rot that has happened in the CIA, DIA, and FBI.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, acute said:

You'll have to argue with the judiciary on that one.

Acquittal is the same as the Scottish 'not proven' verdict. In no way does it indicate or imply innocence.

So, by that logic, if you are accused of a vile crime against say, a helpless child, and a jury of your peers vote to acquit you, you believe the typical response should be that people can continue to assert your guilt regardless of the trial and jury verdict?  THINK about that.  This is what made Mueller's decision to choose to make an announcement that Trump had not been exonerated, so outrageous.  Prosecutors have NEVER had the right to announce their feelings about these issues.  Innocent until proven guilty is our last, best hope of having justice.  Flip it on its head to go after someone politically hated and it will burn us all.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, and then said:

if you are accused of a vile crime against say, a helpless child, and a jury of your peers vote to acquit you, you believe the typical response should be that people can continue to assert your guilt regardless of the trial and jury verdict? 

This is my last word on this thread. All I'm doing is repeating myself.

Trump was acquitted, which is not the same as a not guilty verdict.

Ask your lawyer!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

Does he?  I hadn't noticed him seeming down or blue.  He sounds like he's on top of the world.  That's the most fascinating part of his personality to me.  Nothing bothers him for long.  He just focuses on moving forward.  I think it must just be his nature. 

LOL. I have t seen that miserable sod laugh or even smile once since the Republican Party fell into line and voted him innocent. 

2 hours ago, and then said:

1 minute ago, acute said:

Ask your lawyer!

Those hairs you've been splitting are getting might fine.  In an impeachment or a trial the only verdict that changes your status is guilty.  The accused is considered innocent until proven otherwise beyond a reasonable doubt.  Without a guilty verdict nothing changes.  Innocent going in, innocent coming out.  Call it what you will, play semantics till the cows come home, but that's the way it is.  There can be numerous opinions to the contrary in any trial, but the jury, or in this case, the Senate, has the final say.  Our entire legal system is weighted in favor of the rights of the individual and one does not relinquish those rights by becoming President.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, and then said:

I'd say that's a valid consideration when those who have been testifying and investigating and spewing lies in the media have been running fueled on nothing BUT the emotion of hate for 3+ years.  At first, when I saw the TDS acronym, I thought it was hyperbole but after 3 YEARS of nonstop, balls to the wall attacks, I've decided that they really ARE mental.  No one in their right mind can sustain that level of anger and focused loathing for that long when the object of their hate is someone they've never met or been personally wronged by.  It just isn't natural.  

Tell me Golden Duck, seriously, what is your best guess about the reaction from the media and the solid blue inner city types if he's re-elected?  I think it's safe to assume they will keep escalating the rhetoric but I don't how they can ramp it up much further short of giving their blessing to actual chaos as resistance.

IMO there hasn't been as big a disparity between a POTUS and their Predecessor as there was between GW Bush and Clinton.  After the ridicule of Bush by mainstream internet nothing was surprising.  The difference now is that Trump engages in it.

There were a few lefty rants when Bobble Head Bill couldn't beat Scotty from Marketing.  I haven't heard one good reason why Bill would've been better.  Now Scotty is on the nose; but, the Aussie political landscape is such that there isn't an imaginable successor.  There is no oxygen wasted on on what could've been.

With the way the separation of powers works the US it makes even less sense for the POTUS to engage with those he beat as he doesn't have a real opposition.

I can't imagine there'd be the violence you'd describe unless both sides want it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Big Jim said:

Those hairs you've been splitting are getting might fine.  In an impeachment or a trial the only verdict that changes your status is guilty.  The accused is considered innocent until proven otherwise beyond a reasonable doubt.  Without a guilty verdict nothing changes.  Innocent going in, innocent coming out.  Call it what you will, play semantics till the cows come home, but that's the way it is.  There can be numerous opinions to the contrary in any trial, but the jury, or in this case, the Senate, has the final say.  Our entire legal system is weighted in favor of the rights of the individual and one does not relinquish those rights by becoming President.  

Well said Big Jim, of course they will not accept it. He is guilty in the eyes, even if you show evidence that proves that he is innocent. They want to BELIEVE he is guilty, can't spell believe without LIE, they will definitely never stop trying to paint him in a bad light in hopes that people fall for it and vote for them. They will lie their head off till they blue because they believe that if you tell a lie long enough and loud enough, it will eventually become the truth.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, acute said:

Ask your lawyer!

I did. And this is what he said. 

... Acquittal and not guilty are two terms that are often used interchangeably in legal settings. A verdict of “not guilty” is an acquittal. “Not guilty” means that the court does not have enough evidence to believe that you are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. An acquittal is a decision that the defendant is absolved of the charges of which they’re accused... .

https://www.puglisilaw.com/2019/10/18/does-acquittal-mean-not-guilty/

Acquittal and "not guilty" are functionally synonymous. Trump is innocent of the charges levelled against him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

LOL. I have t seen that miserable sod laugh or even smile once since the Republican Party fell into line and voted him innocent. 

sorry, who are we talking about? the Don? that miserable sod? Are you sure you're not thinking of Cruella de Pelosi? Polony? Baloney? Whatever it is. If you wanted a sour faced old prune 

Images for nancy pelosi sour face

:D 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

There were a few lefty rants when Bobble Head Bill couldn't beat Scotty from Marketing.  I haven't heard one good reason why Bill would've been better.  Now Scotty is on the nose; but, the Aussie political landscape is such that there isn't an imaginable successor.  There is no oxygen wasted on on what could've been.

Is this a satirical Australian political reference? 

1 minute ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Is this a satirical Australian political reference? 

Yep!  Current PM, Scott Morrison, was behind the "where the bloody hell are you" tourist campaign.

Former opposition leader Bill Shorten's head looks too big for his body.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

sorry, who are we talking about? the Don? that miserable sod? Are you sure you're not thinking of Cruella de Pelosi? Polony? Baloney? Whatever it is. If you wanted a sour faced old prune 

Images for nancy pelosi sour face

:D 

Your link isn't working. Im sure its for the best. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

after a very quick search.... I could probably find a better one but he's looking happy enough..

at the SOTU address a few days ago..

pic

RT: SOTU 2020: Donald Trump

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

it worked for me... perhaps you're not allowed to see it in Australia... you know...
a bit of extra censorship for you lot down under.... ^_^

I don't think you're allowed to see that Video hosting site b****ute either...

unless they let you now...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bee said:

after a very quick search.... I could probably find a better one but he's looking happy enough..

at the SOTU address a few days ago..

pic

RT: SOTU 2020: Donald Trump

it worked for me... perhaps you're not allowed to see it in Australia... you know...
a bit of extra censorship for you lot down under.... ^_^

unless they let you now...

Haha... so he cracked a smile. Anyone could have done that. But doesn't Nancy look composed and in charge. 

200206123114-trump-speech-2-6-2020-exlar 

Mind you this was his first speech after winning. 

14 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

well it's working for me. Here's a selection. 

image.jpeg.96ddb3a544d8d555a1b66ddbc8aa5db1.jpeg image.jpeg.1eab8a9321962c166451add49407522a.jpeg  image.jpeg.35cc78cc989d552df732a3a403b8918f.jpeg

If ever there was a sour humorless old trout (She makes Hillary look genial and cuddly.) 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bee said:

Which is of course what an Australian says to his pickup truck when it breaks down in the middle of nowhere.

11 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Haha... so he cracked a smile. Anyone could have done that. But doesn't Nancy look composed and in charge.

bolded.... stop it :D... no she doesn't.......... 

^^^

she's definitely got a 'serial killer' look going on there........... :innocent:

hope she never meets Trump in a dark alley with that hammer....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bee said:

^^^

she's definitely got a 'serial killer' look going on there........... :innocent:

hope she never meets Trump in a dark alley with that hammer....

I think Trump would be more scared of Greta. and rightly so. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I think Trump would be more scared of Greta. and rightly so. 

picture the scene.... 

HOW DARE YOU................ thump
HOW DARE YOU................. kick
HOW DARE YOU..................bash over head with heavy object

(Swedish accent)........... I hate you Trump don't you know we want Peace and Love <_<.............scowl grrrrrrr....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, bee said:

picture the scene.... 

HOW DARE YOU................ thump
HOW DARE YOU................. kick
HOW DARE YOU..................bash over head with heavy object

(Swedish accent)........... I hate you Trump don't you know we want Peace and Love <_<.............scowl grrrrrrr....

you left out "you ruined my future" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Acquittal and "not guilty" are functionally synonymous. Trump is innocent of the charges levelled against him. 

More accurately, Trump is presumed innocent of the charges levelled against him. 

Edited by Setton

Trump is innocent of "high crimes and misdemeanors."  The Senate has spoken and that;s the end of it.

BUT, once he is out of office, he can still be tried for crimes committed under statutory law.  This is not over.

And then there are civil suits.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029