Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sphere filmed floating in the sky over Calif.

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Sphere filmed floating in the sky over Calif.

Aargh we're doomed! First a stationary bird in another vid, now a stationary ball!

It could just be a still photo of a football that was filmed with a wobbly camera, and why did he keep saying "very strange" instead of getting in his car to zoom around the roads to get close to it?

For examp I once saw a spooky little whirlwind moving cross-country during a bike ride so I pedalled furiously around the lanes to intercept it but it'd gone.

33 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Aargh we're doomed! First a stationary bird in another vid, now a stationary ball!

It could just be a still photo of a football that was filmed with a wobbly camera, and why did he keep saying "very strange" instead of getting in his car to zoom around the roads to get close to it?

For examp I once saw a spooky little whirlwind moving cross-country during a bike ride so I pedalled furiously around the lanes to intercept it but it'd gone.

This is the problem with these videos. If I saw that I would do the same. I would try and find the road it was closest too and see what it was. Also if that wasn't an option I would most certainly watch it for more than a minute. The fact that neither happened makes me believe that eventually whatever it was (a balloon on a tether is my thought, in still winds) did make itself apparent and the person shooting the vid neglected to elighten everyone. 

In a nutshell: If it were truly something otherworldly I highly doubt we would be looking at a distant shot that only lasts one minute.

• Like 3

At least he had his camera in landscape alignment and zoomed in and out to give perspective. Other than that, not a clue!

• Like 2

Sorry but this is, ahem-ahem, a whether balloon. I beg my pardon but this time it really is...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I couldn't see anything moving in the video anywhere. To recreate a video like this, just take a still shot, add an object, and then use software to mimic camera motion with blur and other effects.

• Like 1

There is a second video from a different position. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCSflE1bD70

Well, the rules are that if you dont see a string (no matter the distance) it has to be... *insert paranormal phenomenon*

• Like 1

Strings can be really thin, thin enough that your eyes cannot see it, no matter how far you zoom in. Unless you are really close to it.

Also it seems to be sun setting/rising so low lightening makes it difficult to see any kind of string

Everybody carries a cam or smartphone nowadays so it's surprising nobody else filmed it, especially as we could hear cars whizzing by without stopping behind the filmer.

The second, shorter video, by the same poster, has his comment attached. He says that he got closer to the object, but could still not see any strings, or anything else to suggest any mundane explanation for it. He notes that the object did not move like  a balloon in the wind, but that it did move in some fashion, more than once,

Cuts video off after a minute.  That tells you something right?  FAKE.  Nothing to see here people.  Move along.

I don't want to complain, but I will, why are people constantly getting video from a mile away and there are humans all over the countryside and there's nobody directly below the thing with a cell phone that could take some really good video or a photo, really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is very much skeptic central haha.... 

It's just a weather balloon.

Bigfoot filmed on a mountain, it's a man in a suit. Aliens in visiting earth? Oh it's a hoax...

Lochness monster? Not real, just a seal. 

Demons sitting on your chest at night? No no... it's sleep paralysis.  

images (8).jpeg

could it be the moon? There was a full moon there on the 8th and it could be a few days before and still look pretty full. Could be way off. Not saying it isn’t a weather balloon, just throwing another mundane explanation out there. Then again, what do I know...

https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/usa/tulare

1 hour ago, SD455GTO said:

I don't want to complain, but I will, why are people constantly getting video from a mile away and there are humans all over the countryside and there's nobody directly below the thing with a cell phone that could take some really good video or a photo, really.

Those dang Humans screw everything up don't they!:D

Peace

11 hours ago, Chaldon said:

Sorry but this is, ahem-ahem, a whether balloon. I beg my pardon but this time it really is...

I certainly also think it's a Balloon, but it may be one of those advertising Balloons at car dealership or something else. It just looks to low to a weather balloon to me.

Peace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow.  He moved slightly sideways and even took another short video, this time with plenty of digital zoom to blur it.....

Sigh.   Why the hell wouldn't you just take a short drive over to it, and get on the non-silhouetted side?

To answer the question posed, namely "Could it be some sort of balloon or airship or is there another explanation ?"

Seriously, that needed to be asked?  Yes, yes and yes.  But to start with the first - that's what tethered helium advertising balloons look like.  Look EXACTLY like.  And yes they'll blow around quite a bit in a light wind.

I'm sorry but I just don't get people like this, who would rather be incredulous than simply go over there and flippin' find out what it was.  And I'll bet plenty of folks who lived near/beneath it, could easily see what it was, hence the lack of news reports.

• Like 2

BTW, I was bored so I took a quick squiz at Google earth... Couldn't find the exact location, but I did find this, and it amused me as an almost-match...

TulareCA.jpg.1e32147e7399d738742476c1156e0baf.jpg

Palm trees, obviously....  :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 5:59 AM, Chaldon said:

WRONG!  it's an ADVERTISEMENT balloon.  There was a housing development in the area and it was open house. 

HERE is your PROOF.... 

Image result for advertisement balloon

Edited by Twas Brillig
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Twas Brillig said:

WRONG!  it's an ADVERTISEMENT balloon.  There was a housing development in the area and it was open house. 

HERE is your PROOF.... 

Image result for advertisement balloon

Image result for trophy gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2020 at 2:30 AM, Twas Brillig said:

Years ago there was an amateur UFO site where you could report UFOs and upload your blurry photographs of what you saw. One of the questions in the form was, "Could it have been a balloon?" Of course lots of people uploaded photos of balloons and answered, "No."