Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5G roll out in the UK

bee

Wait so we are saying anything below the spectrum of visible light is ok? I'm not trying to be an obstacle to this beam or be microwaved :(

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bee said:

(what claim exactly are you referring to..?) 

This one:

Many people are already unknowingly suffering from radiation related exposure health issues such as anxiety, depression, sleeplessness, tinnitus, behavioural issues, rashes, memory loss, infertility as well as increased levels of autism, dementia and cancer to name a few. Birds and insects continue to decline unable to withstand the radiation fields. Mature trees and hedges are felled to remove signal obstacles

and ditto to you re the bird deaths in Anglesey .... (in a scientific journal, of course as that's your standard) 

As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any yet. 

That's why I made clear it was a possible explanation, rather than stating it as fact (like you do). 

My guess is that it was either accidental from a 5G test or the birds were targeted to see what frequencies 

knocked them out of the sky... 

There's that key word: 'guess'. 

Because that's all you can do. Try doing some research, educating yourself rather than just avoiding anything that doesn't confirm your preconceptions, and maybe there is a debate to be had. 

Right now you're just screaming that it must be the government because you don't trust the government. If I wanted that kind of debate, I'd still be teaching 10 year olds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

This one:

As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any yet. 

That's why I made clear it was a possible explanation, rather than stating it as fact (like you do). 

There's that key word: 'guess'. 

Because that's all you can do. Try doing some research, educating yourself rather than just avoiding anything that doesn't confirm your preconceptions, and maybe there is a debate to be had. 

Right now you're just screaming that it must be the government because you don't trust the government. If I wanted that kind of debate, I'd still be teaching 10 year olds. 

oh you were talking about someone else's claim that I quoted.... ?

and regarding the rest... I knew it would be hopeless replying to you... civilized discussion isn't your thing is it...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bee said:

oh you were talking about someone else's claim that I quoted.... ?

I was talking about the claim you posted as fact and yet are completely unable to support. 

and regarding the rest... I knew it would be hopeless replying to you... civilized discussion isn't your thing is it..

Certainly. Let me know when you're ready to try it. 

Pointing out that someone is scientifically illiterate and suggesting they remedy it is hardly uncivilised. If you disagree, feel free to report me. 

Otherwise carry on running away because you've been caught out, again, in your wacky unfounded conspiracy theories. 

I would hate to have a life so boring I had to make things up to feel important... 

18 hours ago, Setton said:

Many people are already unknowingly suffering from radiation related exposure health issues such as anxiety, depression, sleeplessness, tinnitus, behavioural issues, rashes, memory loss, infertility as well as increased levels of autism, dementia and cancer to name a few. Birds and insects continue to decline unable to withstand the radiation fields. Mature trees and hedges are felled to remove signal obstacles

I see now that this was an quote you have edited - that I put on another thread...

It was from this link....

https://wirralleaks.wordpress.com/2019/06/01/5g-whizz/

which is a citizen run site on 5G and 5G testing in Liverpool...

It was from the site mentioned above... https://wirralleaks.wordpress.com/2019/06/01/5g-whizz/

that I got these links to a House of Commons Library Briefing on 5G....

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7883

A House of Commons Library Briefing on 5G - the fifth generation of mobile technology. Included is an explanation of 5G and its expected uses; policy challenges associated with 5G and information about the roll-out of 5G in the UK including forthcoming spectrum auctions.

it begins with.....

note the bit... ".....5G is also expected to be used in applications beyond mobile networks, for example in healthcare, smart cities, transport and manufacturing...." ..... these are very extensive plans that have been made and and being developed without muchdiscussion or approval from the people it will affect -
ie the public - each of those categories above... healthcare, smart cities,transport and manufacturing
are a BIG subject... this is why when 5G is mentioned briefly it is said to be something that will
change out lives and society as we know it... Do we really want these changes? Who decides? Like for example transport and driverless cars / vehicles - is the the first step to getting rid of private cars where
we can go where we want to, when we want to ?

Beginning of H of Commons Briefing...

What is 5G?

5G is the next generation of wireless communications technology. It is expected to provide faster connections with much higher capacity and very fast response times, allowing many more users and devices to access fast internet connections and large amounts of data at the same time. Mobile broadband is the first commercial application of 5G. 5G is also expected to be used in applications beyond mobile networks, for example in healthcare, smart cities, transport and manufacturing.

A more detailed discussion of 5G technology and applications is provided in the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology POST brief on 5G technology (24 July 2019). This paper focuses on policy challenges and developments surrounding the roll-out of 5G in the UK.

Edited by bee

24 minutes ago, bee said:

I see now that this was an quote you have edited - that I put on another thread...

It is not edited in the slightest. Yes it is from another thread - the one where you first made these unfounded claims before starting this thread when challenged on them.

Now are you going to support them, educate yourself or keep running away? 

@Setton....

this is the full (unedited by you) quote that I used on the Brexit thread page 28 #684... before I started this thread...

As discussed in previous articles 5G is NOT an upgrade to 4G. 5G phased array, beam forming small cells will be everywhere and will forcibly expose everyone to hundreds of times the radiation levels that we have already been exposed to by 2G, 3G, 4G, GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth devises. As a reminder the ONLY safety testing that the ICNIRP guidelines expect Councils, Government and Industry to work to is if one single devise does not heat up a fluid filled dummy head by 2 degrees over a short c. 6 minute exposure. There is and never has been ANY biological safety testing on continuous exposure and to multiple frequencies and devises. Many people are already unknowingly suffering from radiation related exposure health issues such as anxiety, depression, sleeplessness, tinnitus, behavioural issues, rashes, memory loss, infertility as well as increased levels of autism, dementia and cancer to name a few. Birds and insects continue to decline unable to withstand the radiation fields. Mature trees and hedges are felled to remove signal obstacles.

https://wirralleaks.wordpress.com/2019/06/01/5g-whizz/

On 2/11/2020 at 12:27 PM, Nnicolette said:

Wait so we are saying anything below the spectrum of visible light is ok? 

No one is saying that.

Generally, anything above visible is ionizing, anything below is non-ionizing. Absorbed radiation that is not ionizing is converted into heat. This is how microwave ovens work. These are FAR more powerful than the signal from a cell tower. There is absolutely no chance of the cell tower signals heating anything up, they are simply not powerful enough.

• Thanks 1

a regular ad for 5G by the EE company... behind the scenes...

Personally I think people especially the young are too addicted to 'Smart' Phones already and I don't
have one myself.... but this would be ok if it was just their choice and their business... but
it is the No Opt Out aspect of high frequency 5G microwave radiation that is the main problem..
(when it is nationwide or when it is being tested in various locations)

20 minutes ago, bee said:

a regular ad for 5G by the EE company... behind the scenes...

Personally I think people especially the young are too addicted to 'Smart' Phones already and I don't
have one myself.... but this would be ok if it was just their choice and their business... but
it is the No Opt Out aspect of high frequency 5G microwave radiation that is the main problem..
(when it is nationwide or when it is being tested in various locations)

Opt out of what? Its like saying "I want to opt out of oxygen". RF radiation is *EVERYWHERE*, you can't personally just "opt out" of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Opt out of what? Its like saying "I want to opt out of oxygen". RF radiation is *EVERYWHERE*, you can't personally just "opt out" of it.

stop pretending you don't know what the problem is....

I presume you will be fine with having a 5G transmitter on a lamp post outside your bedroom..?

Or if you had a baby outside your babies bedroom ....?

Or maybe you won't mind seeing the value of your property go down if you happen to have a
5G transmitter smack bang outside... ?

9 minutes ago, bee said:

stop pretending you don't know what the problem is....

I presume you will be fine with having a 5G transmitter on a lamp post outside your bedroom..?

Or if you had a baby outside your babies bedroom ....?

Or maybe you won't mind seeing the value of your property go down if you happen to have a
5G transmitter smack bang outside... ?

No, I don't know what the problem is. 5G radiation is not harmful, and I wouldn't have any problem with it being outside my house (as it happens we do have a mast just down the road, with the one side effect being fantastic mobile phone coverage).

And I have never seen any evidence of property values going down because of mobile phone transmitters. Its just baseless scaremongering, plain and simple.

• Thanks 1

Don't worry, the next upgrade is going to be O-M G ...

~

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Emma_Acid said:

No, I don't know what the problem is. 5G radiation is not harmful, and I wouldn't have any problem with it being outside my house (as it happens we do have a mast just down the road, with the one side effect being fantastic mobile phone coverage).

And I have never seen any evidence of property values going down because of mobile phone transmitters. Its just baseless scaremongering, plain and simple.

Even the reports that say it's not harmful at the moment usually say more research is needed....

Because 5G will be using microwave frequencies, .... that do not just pass through the body (like with
4G and the mast you have near you) ... but impact the skin...

And as for house prices.... I predict that a 5G transmitter right outside will be a negative and not a positive...

Officially yours... 

Responding to a report by Financial Times (FT), a representative of the Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN) admitted it had recently written to the nation’s 26 regional authorities, known as cantons, regarding the placement of 5G equipment. However, the representative said an FT assertion the communication called on cantons to put planning permission for next-generation equipment on ice was “misleading”.

mobileworldlive

~

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Officially yours... 

~

"However, the FOEN representative noted “some cantons and municipalities” had imposed moratoria on 5G planning permission, but added these do “not affect Switzerland in general”." https://www.mobileworldlive.com/featured-content/top-three/switzerland-denies-halting-5g-rollouts/

Elsewhere...

"5G protests continue in Switzerland, following inconclusive report"

https://lenews.ch/2020/01/29/5g-protests-continue-in-switzerland/

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2020 at 8:26 AM, Emma_Acid said:

When, like bee, you've already opted out of reality, I imagine opting out of anything else seems reasonable. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 8:58 AM, bee said:

Even the reports that say it's not harmful at the moment usually say more research is needed....

Literally every paper ever written ends with this. Because knowledge is never complete. 

To the point it's a running joke among scientists:

https://xkcd.com/2268/

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

Elsewhere

It's not 5G that's being delayed, it's the equipment standards that is now being deliberated, municipality discretion is advised, some small hamlets might not want a eighty foot high tower, or needs one for a small population...

~

• Haha 1

Does anyone else feel like me that I don't understand the rush for 5G to be installed?

Mobile internet is essential for my work. Infact I can't work without it. However I can work on less than 3G.

What and how many industries need 5G so badly and how are they coping now?

I can't understand why we are rushing into this that is pressuring us into using companies like Huawei to get it done fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, skookum said:

Does anyone else feel like me that I don't understand the rush for 5G to be installed?

Mobile internet is essential for my work. Infact I can't work without it. However I can work on less than 3G.

What and how many industries need 5G so badly and how are they coping now?

I can't understand why we are rushing into this that is pressuring us into using companies like Huawei to get it done fast.

i expect it's because, like with other prestigious high-profile initiatives like HS2, Boris wants to Lead the World and show that Post-Brexit Britain can be more advanced than any other nation on earth. (With the help of the Chinese)

• Haha 1