Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Radio signals hit Earth every 16 days

Eldorado

2 hours ago, Damien99 said:

This is scary, Whatever is causing it is coming towards us now. What ever it is may be coming to hurt us

You know when you switch your radio on the guy or gal (i'm woke) you can hear isn't coming to your house, these signals are coming from 500 million light years away, so even if it is little green DJs traveling at the speed of light it would take them that long to reach earth so i wouldn't worry to much. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

You know when you switch your radio on the guy or gal (i'm woke) you can hear isn't coming to your house, these signals are coming from 500 million light years away, so even if it is little green DJs traveling at the speed of light it would take them that long to reach earth so i wouldn't worry to much. 

If the signals reached us then whatever caused them is reaching us 

Just now, Damien99 said:

It doesn't work like that, for a start those signals started on their journey over 500 million years ago, they may have stopped 400 million years ago.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

It doesn't work like that, for a start those signals started on their journey over 500 million years ago, they may have stopped 400 million years ago.

I don’t understand they stopped but we still got them?

1 hour ago, Damien99 said:

I am confused

the signals are reaching earth from really close 

A light year is apprimately 10 trillion kilometers, now multipply that by 500 million. I'm not sure that qualifies as close.

The source of a signal doesn't come to you just because the signal does. Does the transmission tower comes to you everytime you use a mobile phone ?  

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Damien99 said:

This is the same signal hitting us over and over getting closer and closer 

Where do you get that it is comming closer ?

Have you even read the links ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Where do you get that it is comming closer ?

Have you even read the links ?

Yes I have, they said this is coming from an unknown case hitting the earth

Just now, Damien99 said:

Yes I have, they said this is coming from an unknown case hitting the earth

Yes but does it say anything about it getting closer as you stated in post #31 ?

• Like 3

Just now, Damien99 said:

It’s universal logic, everything is hitting us now that we don’t understand there is a meaning behind it is what I am seeing.

I give up. I don't even understand what you are trying to say here. :wacko:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I give up. I don't even understand what you are trying to say here. :wacko:

I am sorry , everything is hitting earth all at the same time and no one understands either part of them and for me this is just another piece of the puzzle. And the more I ask to try to understand the more either I am made fun of, ignored or given up on answering my questions. So I feel as though people not want to explain things to me so I keep asking asking 

I would think if it was coming closer , then the radio waves would start hitting us sooner , like every 14 days , then every 12 days , etc...…..

• Like 5

But it’s something coming towards us, as I mentioned high neutrinos are hitting us we don’t know why, gravitation waves are hitting us recently we don’t know why and now radio ways are bombarding us we don’t k ow why. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_wave

And for some reason i ask for it to be explained and I get made fun of, I am sorry that I am just trying to get it.

If I come off that way, my apologies. :hmm:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Damien99 said:

I am sorry to all I thought coming to a forum and asking questions would be away to help learn but I am probably wrong 

The problem is that you are not listening to the answers and in addition you make things up that isn't in the linked articles.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, Damien99 said:

I am sorry to all I thought coming to a forum and asking questions would be away to help learn but I am probably wrong 

I don't know any other way of explaining it to you and we've all basically told you the same, if you stood on on a planet in this far of galaxy and you shone a torch on the earth it would take 500 million years for that light from that torch to reach the earth you could turn the torch off and the light is still on it's journey, the planet could blow up and no longer be there but the light would still be on it's journey.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Damien99 said:

I am confused

the signals are reaching earth from really close 

No, it is just regular - every 16 days. This is new (just a few years) that we even detected it so it could have been going on for centuries. Now, they need to sort out what is causing the emission. This happens all over the galaxy, just few happen to be emitting our direction is all so they are curious. It could be a million lightyears away and already gone from a super nova and is just reaching us now for all we know. 

If you are listening to your radio at home, the radio station is not moving, nor are you. It is just an emission that emanates in all direction and your radio picks it up if it passes close enough. Radio says nothing about motion.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Damien99 said:

Is detecting something coming in the same direction.

No. First, I havent seen informations in any of the papers which state the interval of the signal becomes shorter. 2nd, the signals would also be detectable if the emitting object were to move away from us. Thirdly, if the emitting object would move towards Earth, it would arrive here in 500M years at the earliest.

• Like 2

Fast radio bursts have been found in the radio range, typically around 1400 MegaHertz, but as low as 400 to 800 MegaHertz, and as high as 8 GigaHertz. This is at the low energy end of the electromagnetic spectrum. Gamma rays occupy the opposite, high energy end of the spectrum.

Here is a good discussion on it by my favorite Astronomy channel, What Da Math, on youtube. 11 minutes long

On 2/9/2020 at 11:56 PM, toast said:

No. First, I havent seen informations in any of the papers which state the interval of the signal becomes shorter. 2nd, the signals would also be detectable if the emitting object were to move away from us. Thirdly, if the emitting object would move towards Earth, it would arrive here in 500M years at the earliest.

Hasn't it been 500M years now since the signal has been emitted and is now reaching us? If I'm understanding you correctly, are you saying that it would take the emitting object 500M additional years to arrive here?

On 2/10/2020 at 9:41 AM, Damien99 said:

What does radio signals mean then?

Electromagnetic frequencies between 3 Hz and 300 GHz.  It includes micro waves.

Edited by Rlyeh

On 2/10/2020 at 10:06 AM, Damien99 said:

But it’s something coming towards us, as I mentioned high neutrinos are hitting us we don’t know why, gravitation waves are hitting us recently we don’t know why and now radio ways are bombarding us we don’t k ow why. 

so these waves and the others mean something may be coming to hit us.

Radio waves are of the electromagnetic spectrum.  We are always being hit by them.