Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Radio signals hit Earth every 16 days

Eldorado

On 2/9/2020 at 11:36 PM, Damien99 said:

But it’s something coming towards us, as I mentioned high neutrinos are hitting us we don’t know why, gravitation waves are hitting us recently we don’t know why and now radio ways are bombarding us we don’t k ow why. 

so these waves and the others mean something may be coming to hit us.

Damien - you should worry more about the highly energetic particles inside your lungs that smash into your delicate tissues billions of times per second at speeds in excess of 1000 mph.  These diatomic covalent molecules are a major factor in rusting, oxidation and fires, and are just one atom short of forming highly toxic ozone: who knows what damage they're causing inside us?  You can't eliminate them completely, but I suggest you exhale forcibly as far as you can then seal up your facial orifices with thick tape to prevent them getting back in.

39 minutes ago, csspwns said:

Hasn't it been 500M years now since the signal has been emitted and is now reaching us? If I'm understanding you correctly, are you saying that it would take the emitting object 500M additional years to arrive here?

The source of the emissions is about 500 million light years away.  The light from it has been travelling through the vacuum of space for 500 million years without hitting anything - that shows how empty space really is.

If the source starts moving towards us at the speed of light then it would take 500 million years to cross the same distance.  If it were to move at 1% of the speed of light it would take 50 000 million years, and so on.  In fact the general rule is that distant objects are actually moving away from us at high speeds.  For a galaxy at this distance that speed is about 11 000 km/s.  That's unlikely to change any time soon, so perhaps we should focus on more pressing concerns here on Earth.  Like that thing they're doing in China - forcing everyone to stay in their homes for weeks on end so there'll be a baby boom in nine months time.  What's the sense in that?

24 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

The light from it has been travelling through the vacuum of space for 500 million years without hitting anything - that shows how empty space really is.

That makes me think, is there any way of judging just how much light from that source, was in fact intercepted before it got to our vicinity ?

Just now, Habitat said:

That makes me think, is there any way of judging just how much light from that source, was in fact intercepted before it got to our vicinity ?

I can't be certain about this particular source, but I know there are 'standard candles' - objects of very predictable luminosity which are used to measure distances to the galaxies.  I suppose you could analyse the light from one of these and compare it to predictions... that might tell you something.  (Where is WaspieDwarf when you need a proper scientific answer?  I bet he's out in his black exoskeleton and cape, fighting off viruses and stuff.)

I find it awe-inspiring to think that a photon of light emitted from an electron millions of years ago can travel undisturbed for so long, then be destroyed because I looked in a certain direction!  If I see a light in the sky that's because my eye has absorbed the photon and it no longer exists.  Of course countless others have hit obstacles in between us, or were travelling in a slightly different direction, and we'll never intercept them, or indeed never be able to know anything about them.

I find it even more amazing that aliens, in their flimsy, circular spaceships covered in flashing lights, cross similar distances using stupendously advanced science and technology just to stick probes up fat Americans' arses.  Wouldn't it make more sense to abduct a few fat Americans and take them home, to be anally probed at leisure?

• Haha 2

On 2/12/2020 at 3:30 AM, Tom1200 said:

I find it even more amazing that aliens, in their flimsy, circular spaceships covered in flashing lights, cross similar distances using stupendously advanced science and technology just to stick probes up fat Americans' arses.  Wouldn't it make more sense to abduct a few fat Americans and take them home, to be anally probed at leisure?

@Tom1200 that is Quote worthy right there

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2020 at 12:30 PM, Tom1200 said:

You are forgetting another vital task the aliens travel across interstellar distance to do: make circles in crops.:alien:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2020 at 10:56 AM, csspwns said:

Hasn't it been 500M years now since the signal has been emitted and is now reaching us?

Yes.

If I'm understanding you correctly, are you saying that it would take the emitting object 500M additional years to arrive here?

As we have measured clear and repeating bursts from SEP2018 to OCT2019 at an interval of 16.35 (+/- 0.18) days from an object at a distance of 500M LYs to Earth, and there is no information available the frequency has scaled down (means, the distance has not shortened) or the transmission has stopped, we have to conclude the object was at the same distance to the Earth distance over a period of at least 2 month when all of the signals we have received so far have been transmitted.

If we assume the Borgs started their trip to Earth after they gave the last ping in October of the year 499.997.980 BC, and they started at the same time to travel towards Earth at the speed of light, then they would arrive here soon. But as such scenario is pretty unlikely we have to assume it would take the emitting body to arrive here in 500M years at the earliest but only if it would be capable to travel at the speed of light which is unlikely as well.

On 2/12/2020 at 12:30 PM, Tom1200 said:

Because the alienz are idiots by birth. Yes, they travel in their flimsy, circular spaceships covered in flashing lights, cross similar distances using stupendously advanced science and technology, but they are always too stupid to manage a smooth touch down here on Earth, even in a flat desert without any traffic/buildings around. They always wreck their ships totally. Morons.

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2020 at 12:59 AM, Damien99 said:

I don’t understand they stopped but we still got them?

If you throw a single snowball the snowball is still en-route after it was thrown.