Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"No Co-operation with Israel" says Abbas

RoofGardener

I'm sick and tired of the "Palestinians" rejecting peace deals out of hand. It's been going on for 60 years. 

Are you aware that the "Palestinians" have never.... NEVER... initiated a peace deal ? They just sit with their thumbs up their arses demanding the destruction of Israel. 

Enough of them. Let them live in Jordan, Lebanon and Syria. Oh wait.. they tried Jordan back in 1973, and tried to overthrow the Jordanian government, and where ejected en-masse. They went to Lebanon, and turned that Garden into a shithole desert. Fine. Let them go to Syria then, They can't make it any worse than it already is. Although god knows they will try. 

• Thanks 1

I happened across this image and it sums up the Palestinian position from day one and it has never changed:

Protest_deal_2.jpg

16 minutes ago, and then said:

I happened across this image and it sums up the Palestinian position from day one and it has never changed:

Protest_deal_2.jpg

The same can be said for the Israeli settlers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WanderingFool0 said:

The same can be said for the Israeli settlers.

True.  OTOH, peace initiatives from the Israelis have consistently been refused by the Palestinians.  EVERY TIME.  My point is that the settlers do not control the government.  They have had some influence but anyone who saw the Gaza return cannot reasonably say the settlers control the situation.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, and then said:

True.  OTOH, peace initiatives from the Israelis have consistently been refused by the Palestinians.  EVERY TIME.  My point is that the settlers do not control the government.  They have had some influence but anyone who saw the Gaza return cannot reasonably say the settlers control the situation.

I think the settlers are more in control than you think. They are minority, but still a sizable voting block, one which has cost prime ministers the election in the past. Frankly they have been a thorn in the side of the prime ministers and Israel in general for a long time and the fact that the abolishing all the settlements and reabsorbing the settlers in the disputed territory, has not and never will be on the table for any of the peace agreements, kind of shows to me they are a group the prime minister really doesn't want to deal with.

And I will say I am aware some of the small settlements have been in the past, but the major settlements, the ones that have grown to the size of towns and small cities have not. In fact even though Israel has told the settlers to curtail the spread of their settlements, they willfully continue to do so.

They like the religious extremists on the other side will not be happy until they occupy and control all the land. And I would also add that since the gaza strip is on the ocean, the settlers are actually the ones that wish to push the other group into the sea. I unfortunately think the great problem that will keep their from ever being peace, is that you have the two small groups of religious extremists keeping the decent Israelis and decent Palestinians from ever coming together in a civil way.

22 minutes ago, WanderingFool0 said:

And I would also add that since the gaza strip is on the ocean, the settlers are actually the ones that wish to push the other group into the sea.

How do you account for the actions of the Palestinians in Gaza who were given all of that land and who immediately began killing Israelis from it, instead of using the land for the benefit of their people?  I also believe there will never be actual peace between the two groups.  A treaty will be signed at some point and it will signal a brief cessation of hostilities then the greatest loss of life ever will begin.  Unfortunately, peace will only come when one side or the other are removed, totally, from the land.

• Thanks 1

when looking at anything like this; the bombardment of BS aimed at small children is the problem..

unfortunately, those doing the indoctrination believe this BS due to their own bombardment of BS as children!

how does one break the cycle? IMO this is one of the biggest dilemmas on the planet

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, and then said:

How do you account for the actions of the Palestinians in Gaza who were given all of that land and who immediately began killing Israelis from it, instead of using the land for the benefit of their people?  I also believe there will never be actual peace between the two groups.  A treaty will be signed at some point and it will signal a brief cessation of hostilities then the greatest loss of life ever will begin.  Unfortunately, peace will only come when one side or the other are removed, totally, from the land.

I would say that that is the religious terrorists and extremists on the Palestinian side. And I will be the first to admit, that in the negotiations, the decent Palestinian's haven't had good representation in the peace negotiations. I don't know how much control they really have in electing their leaders though. In the tight confines of the Gaza a strip, I imagine if any Palestinians speak out to much against the extremists they will find themselves and their families murdered just as easily as the Israelis.

In any case I agree that the decent people on both sides, which I am sure there are many, just like everywhere in the world are locked in an intractable position by the two extremes. I unfortunately I think it very well could take some kind of supernatural being, even some kind of anti-christ, to ever be able to negotiate even a false peace in the region.

Edited by WanderingFool0
omitted words. oops
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WanderingFool0 said:

I would say that that is the religious terrorists and extremists on the Palestinian side. And I will be the first to admit, that in the negotiations, the decent Palestinian's haven't had good representation in the peace negotiations. I don't know how much control they really have in electing their leaders though. In the tight confines of the Gaza a strip, I imagine if any Palestinians speak out to much against the extremists they will find themselves and their families murdered just as easily as the Israelis.

In any case I agree that the decent people on both sides, which I am sure there are many, just like everywhere in the world are locked in an intractable position by the two extremes. I unfortunately I think it very well could take some kind of supernatural being, even some kind of anti-christ, to ever be able to negotiate even a false peace in the region.

Well, the quick answer is that there ARE no elections. The last ones where in 2005. There where SUPPOSED to be both general and local elections in 2009, along with presidential elections. All three where cancelled, and there haven't been any since. 

Both the West Bank - under Fatah - and the Gaza Strip - under HAMAS - are effectively police state oligarchies. All media is controlled by Fatah and HAMAS respectively, and any attempt at  civil protest (other than government-organised anti-Israel protests) are ruthlessly and violently suppressed. This includes murder of journalists and civil rights leaders. 

• Thanks 1