Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden outburst causes a stir at NH rally

Eldorado

"During an event in New Hampshire, where the first democratic primaries will take place on Tuesday, a woman voter in the audience asked the question: "How do you explain the performance in Iowa, and why should voters believe that you can win the national election?"

"Mr Biden, who served as US vice president during Barack Obama's presidency, asked the woman if she had ever attended a caucus, to which she signalled that she had.

"The Democrat then hit back, saying: "No, you haven't. You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.""

Full report at Sky UK: https://news.sky.com/story/joe-biden-calls-voter-a-lying-dog-faced-pony-soldier-at-new-hampshire-rally-11930671

And at MarketWatch dot com: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/joe-biden-really-called-a-young-woman-a-lying-dog-faced-pony-soldier-2020-02-10

• Haha 8

The sooner he drops out of the race...the better. We don't need a presidential debate between trump and joe. Might as well cue the circus music now if that's the future. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Senile old fool!  At least Reagan was polite so it was ok to excuse his alzheimer mistakes.

• Like 7

Oh no, not another Biden outburst., Cleaning colleague to aisle three! 

• Haha 4

I mean, "You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier" is the kind of thing that a satirical "news" site, such as the Onion, or British satirical comedian Armando Ianucci, would attribute to coming out of the mouth of someone. But with Bidet on one side, and The Don on the other, politics is now satire .

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

The sooner he drops out of the race...the better. We don't need a presidential debate between trump and joe. Might as well cue the circus music now if that's the future. 

This is just asking to be the walk-on music for the debate between the two titans. 

• Haha 2

and this --> 

makes him look positively sane in comparison with the reality. :mellow:

• Like 1

Well that told her... ^_^

I can hear the collective groan of the Democrat Party from where I am... across the Pond...

Probably best if he avoids going near grassy knolls for the time being......... :ph34r:

• Haha 3

I really didn't see that as a joke, and hardly anyone laughed, even Biden. After that he said, "now you gotta be honest."  In other words he called he a liar, and reiterated it.  And the MSM is defending this as a joke, yet when Trump tells a joke it is taken as fact, not jest. 

I really don't care for Trump because of his mouth and actions, but on the other hand the Democrats constantly trying to find an excuse to take him out of power, and the MSM aiding and abetting them are the reason I believe he will win reelection. People aren't as blind as they think we are, however some have blinders on, and only want to see things one way. Theirs.. Come November we will see how many defect to one side or the other.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

Naw, its brilliant!   They need to keep him in a bit longer.  It is sad, but the old guy needs to take one for the team.

How much time and effort not to mention an impeachment has President Trump faced due to Joe Biden?  All his fire has been directed at Biden while the other contenders sort themselves out.

Some hope that federal investigations of Rudy will turn up something, or Lev Parnas will release some more videos or Bolton will leak something else. while Joe offers cover to the other candidates.

This way, Joe takes himself out and no other candidate bears the brunt clap back by humiliating him in public

When Joe is taken out, the front runners will get the full force of Trump ire.  

2 minutes ago, bee said:

Is that a well known insult in America - I've never heard it before..

Well pardner, round these parts we use that insult once in a blue moon.  I reckon you are probably way too young and innocent  to have heard that one before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, bee said:

Is that a well known insult in America - I've never heard it before... :unsure2:

Or did he just make it up....?

nope. not well known,  i have not heard anyone use it before,  i have a feeling it is a reference to some old movie or something

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

nope. not well known,  i have not heard anyone use it before,  i have a feeling it is a reference to some old movie or something

according to the Sky, He had used the response before in 2018, and adds that it is a quote from the John Wayne film Hondo. A search of the script does show separate references to lying and pony soldiers - but none for "dog-faced".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

"During an event in New Hampshire, where the first democratic primaries will take place on Tuesday, a woman voter in the audience asked the question: "How do you explain the performance in Iowa, and why should voters believe that you can win the national election?"

"Mr Biden, who served as US vice president during Barack Obama's presidency, asked the woman if she had ever attended a caucus, to which she signalled that she had.

"The Democrat then hit back, saying: "No, you haven't. You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.""

Full report at Sky UK: https://news.sky.com/story/joe-biden-calls-voter-a-lying-dog-faced-pony-soldier-at-new-hampshire-rally-11930671

And at MarketWatch dot com: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/joe-biden-really-called-a-young-woman-a-lying-dog-faced-pony-soldier-2020-02-10

He actually SAID that ? 

I mean.. what was he THINKING ? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

well it would seem he fits at least 1 criteria for being a US president 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Is there a recording or a video?  Sounds like bull.  Who says that?  Nobody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That was a big nothing.

The problem is he comes across as trumpian saying things like that...only not as authentically insane. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

The problem is he comes across as trumpian saying things like that...only not as authentically insane. 

He didn't believe that she had ever participated in a caucus and said so.  I say that to people who I think are making things up too.

Edit:  I don't say what he said, I tell them I don't believe they are telling me the truth, and of course not every time.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That was a big nothing.

yeah but it was fun for a while - :D

it was still a bit odd though... a strange thing to say to jokingly tease the woman calling her dog faced... 

Biden is a liability... no wonder Obama didn't endorse him and probably dreads what he might say next..

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, bee said:

Biden is a liability... no wonder Obama didn't endorse him and probably dreads what he might say next..

Yeah I reckon ol Joe is is a bit long in the tooth to run another race.  Seems like he was rode hard and put up wet.

• Like 2