Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jussie Smollet Indicted

susieice

Jussie Smollet has been indicted by a Special Prosecutor investigating allegations that he lied about being attacked in Chicago last year.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/02/11/jussie-smollett-new-charges-special-prosecutor-dan-webb-cook-county-states-attorney-kim-foxx/

It was expected he would be.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/2/11/21133743/jussie-smollett-charged-indictment-update

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Nice. His 15 minutes of fame can now last 30.

YEP... FOR A small FEE :w00t:

• Haha 4

don’t worry, someone close to Michelle will be in touch to get the charges lifted again. Just like the last two times.

• Like 5

Justice is served B).

Faking hate crimes is such a disgusting thing to do.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

He should have just paid off the amount Chcago Police wanted and laid DC low for a year or two. By going on the record over, and over, and over, that he wasn't lying, regardless of overwhelming evidence, he didnt do himself any favors.

I hope he gets probation, rather then jail time, BUT has to confess he is a big fat liar.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

He should have just paid off the amount Chcago Police wanted and laid DC low for a year or two. By going on the record over, and over, and over, that he wasn't lying, regardless of overwhelming evidence, he didnt do himself any favors.

I hope he gets probation, rather then jail time, BUT has to confess he is a big fat liar.

I hope he gets jail time.   Throw the book at the punk.   Shouldn't he get hit for a hate crime?   

Edited by Myles
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I hope he gets jail time.   Throw the book at the punk.   Shouldn't he get hit for a hate crime?   

Yeah Im a bit torn. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing him do a year or two behind bars. Than again, technically, and luckily, there was no one actually harmed by this. In fact it exposed some serious TDS for what it is. At the very least he should have to pay the tax payers money he wasted, and have to give a full confession and apology.

I know this would be an unusual punishment, but he should also have to donate 2000 bucks to Trumps campaign. That would be hilarious.

34 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah Im a bit torn. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing him do a year or two behind bars. Than again, technically, and luckily, there was no one actually harmed by this. In fact it exposed some serious TDS for what it is. At the very least he should have to pay the tax payers money he wasted, and have to give a full confession and apology.

I know this would be an unusual punishment, but he should also have to donate 2000 bucks to Trumps campaign. That would be hilarious.

I do somewhat agree.   It's just that intentionally trying to stir up racial and gay violence should be pretty serious.   I mean if someone attempts to rob a bank but is unsuccessful and no one gets hurt, should they avoid jail time?   

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

My logic is that attempted robbery, murder, rape, etc is all a crime and punishable. There was an attempt here, plus I'm pretty sure lieing to the police is a crime in itself.

Obviously not as extreme, but I also do think some people were hurt in the way that actually victims of hate crimes are going to be looked at with more suspicion now.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Anyone want to take a $2 bet he doesn’t turn up?

I'll take that bet!  https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-jussie-smollett-first-court-appearance-20200224-qdpqmq43b5dxbe7lj5m4tgobka-story.html

"A distinct atmosphere of deja vu hung over the Leighton Criminal Court Building on Monday as a black SUV pulled up to the curb and Jussie Smollett stepped out.

The charges the former “Empire” actor was there to face were the same. The allegations that he’d staged a sensational hate crime attack on himself were the same. The breathless media throng awaiting him was the same."

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Myles said:

I do somewhat agree.   It's just that intentionally trying to stir up racial and gay violence should be pretty serious.   I mean if someone attempts to rob a bank but is unsuccessful and no one gets hurt, should they avoid jail time?   

Possibly, but all the Talking Heads that are very PRO-LGBTQ and Anti-Racism, have turned blinded eyes to Mr Smollett. Some consider what he did as Brave and Heroic. Salon magazine I think it was says he brought light to the Struggle and for that he's a hero.

I myself, call it a hate crime, but the PC police dont want to go there, even though they should, if they weren't raging hypocrites. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

My logic is that attempted robbery, murder, rape, etc is all a crime and punishable. There was an attempt here, plus I'm pretty sure lieing to the police is a crime in itself.

Obviously not as extreme, but I also do think some people were hurt in the way that actually victims of hate crimes are going to be looked at with more suspicion now.

I think it is a doom enough that Mr Smollett's name will probably go down in the Urban Dictionary as meaning a fake hate crime.

"That gay bartender said a guy tried to jump him after work. I wonder if it really happened, or if he's pulling a Smollett thing?"

• Like 1

Mr Smollett pled innocent.

https://www.wisn.com/article/actor-jussie-smollett-pleads-not-guilty-to-restored-charges/31081410

Special Prosecutor Dan Webb, a former U.S. attorney who was appointed to examine the state's attorney's office's handling of the case, represented the state. Foxx's office is not involved in the new case against Smollett.

Good.

Smollett's attorneys also have filed a motion in Cook County Court arguing that the refiling of charges violated protections against being charged twice for the same crime, known as double jeopardy. Prosecutors have said double jeopardy does not apply because Smollett was not prosecuted last year.

Yeah, it's not that he was found innocent. The charges were dropped.

Smollett's lawyer, Tina Glandian, entered the not guilty pleas on his behalf to six counts of felony disorderly conduct. She also told Judge James B. Linn that she has asked the Illinois Supreme Court to halt the case.

Yeah. That ain't going to happen.

I dont see how Jussie can win. What's he hope to get by pleading not guilty?

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 1:50 AM, DieChecker said:

I think it is a doom enough that Mr Smollett's name will probably go down in the Urban Dictionary as meaning a fake hate crime.

"That gay bartender said a guy tried to jump him after work. I wonder if it really happened, or if he's pulling a Smollett thing?"

I've already seen phrases like that used in social media. Especially when someone is caught lying.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

edit to remove double post.

Edited by susieice

On 2/24/2020 at 5:19 PM, Gromdor said:

"A distinct atmosphere of deja vu hung over the Leighton Criminal Court Building on Monday as a black SUV pulled up to the curb and Jussie Smollett stepped out.

The charges the former “Empire” actor was there to face were the same. The allegations that he’d staged a sensational hate crime attack on himself were the same. The breathless media throng awaiting him was the same."

Look for Bill Murray in the crowd.  Its Groundhog's Day.

• Like 1

• Like 2
  • Haha 3