Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cruise Becomes Modern Day Plague Ship

Raptor Witness

Trump wants the Americans stuck on the Grand Princess Cruise Ship off San Diego to stay there, so his infection statistics will look more favorable.

At the 29:15 minute mark .... Never mind their health, they are bad for his image.

“I don’t need to have the numbers double because of the people on that ship,” he said. 

Edited by Raptor Witness

5 hours ago, jules99 said:

OK, so passengers tested positive and a man died from the Grand Princess cruise dated  Feb 11th to the 21st.  Is this another cruise on the same ship? if so was the ship properly disinfected before setting off again?

I'm betting they sprayed it down with some lysol type stuff using low skilled or untrained workers. The floating/flying petri dishes are going to continue to be an issue in the spread until a vaccination or general tolereance settles in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Varelse said:

I'm betting they sprayed it down with some lysol type stuff using low skilled or untrained workers. The floating/flying petri dishes are going to continue to be an issue in the spread until a vaccination or general tolereance settles in. 

Passengers got off on the 21st feb and they took on passengers the same day according to the itenary;

2020 Feb 21 15 days, round-trip Hawaiian Islands San Francisco        
I wouldnt know how long it takes to disinfect a ship  

17 hours ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

Tom Cruise? :-P

Yeah, I think he is sick too.

The plague ship, Grand Princess, arrives in Oakland, CA to release her infected “numbers.”

Trump reportedly is still furious over the increase in “his” infected “numbers.” The higher the “numbers,” the lower his approval rating.

Edited by Raptor Witness

• 2 weeks later...

CDC says coronavirus survived in Princess Cruise ship cabins for up to 17 days after passengers leftCNBC 3-23-2020

• The virus “was identified on a variety of surfaces in cabins of both symptomatic and asymptomatic infected passengers up to 17 days after cabins were vacated...” the researchers wrote.

Plague ship Zaandam turned away by Florida Governor The Guardian 3-30-2020

• Four people have died on coronavirus-stricken Zaandam
  • Health of passengers and crew has worsened in past week

Despite having many Americans on board, the Florida Governor has stated .....“We cannot afford to have people who are not even Floridians dumped into south Florida using up those valuable resources."

I don't understand the lack of empathy for the American's on board this ship. It's a tough situation, but this is like leaving men on the battlefield, in my book. Don't you think, governor?

Mercy for any city on earth, where the Zaandam is allowed to dock, and who helps the passengers on board.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 4:05 PM, Kenemet said:

If there's disease on board, I would suspect norovirus more than coronavirus.  The norovirus is fairly common on cruise ships (and everywhere else, come to think of it.)  I haven't read reports of anyone dying... but the risk will go up the longer they remain in close quarters together.  

The crew must be at wit's end.  Can you imagine trying to deal with those passengers?  

I have read at least some medical opinions that the recirculating air and tight confines on the ship causes spread and reinfection.  They suggest the best course would be a quarantine facility on land for the passengers and crew.

• Like 2

Trump plans to intervene on allowing Holland America cruise ships to dock in Florida -

USA TODAY 4-1-2020

President Donald Trump said Tuesday he is going to speak with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis about whether to allow two Holland America cruise ships, one with four dead and 200 passengers and crew having had flu-like symptoms, to dock.

.....Trump expressed sympathy about the ordeal of passengers and crew who have been denied entry to ports in several nations.

"There are people who are sick … and we don't want to be like they will be ghost ships," Trump said. He noted the plight of a cruise ship that he said wandered across Asia "that went from port to port – nobody would take it – but the meantime you had people that are dying on the ship or at least very sick, but they are dying the ship."

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

Trump plans to intervene on allowing Holland America cruise ships to dock in Florida -

USA TODAY 4-1-2020

President Donald Trump said Tuesday he is going to speak with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis about whether to allow two Holland America cruise ships, one with four dead and 200 passengers and crew having had flu-like symptoms, to dock.

.....Trump expressed sympathy about the ordeal of passengers and crew who have been denied entry to ports in several nations.

"There are people who are sick … and we don't want to be like they will be ghost ships," Trump said. He noted the plight of a cruise ship that he said wandered across Asia "that went from port to port – nobody would take it – but the meantime you had people that are dying on the ship or at least very sick, but they are dying the ship."

Just curious...

When's the next hurricane going to happen ??

5 hours ago, acidhead said:

Just curious...

When's the next hurricane going to happen ??

Hurricane season doesn’t begin until June 1st, and so far I have received no communication between Heaven and Earth, regarding this.

Typically, I do not issue a hurricane forecast until at least the first day of hurricane season, and quite often, it is after the season begins.

Interestingly, the earliest I ever issued one, was beginning on March 2, 2011, when I forecast a curious nuclear wind, using a video compilation of arguable past forecast successes, including the great Haitian earthquake, and the string of direct strikes on three of St. NASA’s bases by historic tropical systems.

In fact, nuclear particles would soon become part of the wind blowing towards the United States, in only 7 Days, as the plants in Fukushima exploded.

Arguably, one of my best cryptic forecasts, Especially when coupled with the command line sequence, published separately on March 8, 2011, using the as yet unknown 7.3 foreshock, preceding the largest earthquake to ever strike the island of Japan.

Navy fires USS Theodore Roosevelt captain days after he pleaded for help for sailors with coronavirus USA Today 4-2-2020

Capt. Brett Crozier sent a letter to the Navy, seeking to evacuate his crew as cases of coronavirus infection increased on the USS Theodore Roosevelt.
USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – The Navy fired the captain of the USS Theodore Roosevelt on Thursday, four days after he pleaded for help as the coronavirus ravaged his crew, the Navy announced.
For the sake of Capt. Crozier’s bravery, Mercy to him, his extended family, and the crew of the USS Roosevelt, whom he sought to preserve and protect from the SARS-2-COV virus, including all mutations through 2023.

President Teddy Roosevelt was a man’s man, and a great storyteller. 

12 Plague Ships are Stranded on the High Seas, and unable to find safe ports - CNN 4-8-2020

Australian and New Zealand passengers will be evacuated from a stricken Antarctic cruise ship Thursday, after almost 60% of those on board tested positive for the coronavirus.

"In most cases, disembarkation cannot occur unless passengers have onward flight arrangements and are able to travel directly to the airport via a so-called sanitary corridor, put in place by host countries,"

Unbelievable numbers of people in peril at sea ...

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...

I never thought I would have to revive this thread, but here goes ….

Imagine having to find out on social media that your cruise vacation has become a plague ship.

The virus is winning easily, and takes advantage of any vulnerability. So imagine what’s going to happen in the newly opened school rooms all over the United States, with all these unvaccinated kids.

On 3/30/2020 at 1:43 PM, Tatetopa said:

I have read at least some medical opinions that the recirculating air and tight confines on the ship causes spread and reinfection.  They suggest the best course would be a quarantine facility on land for the passengers and crew.

If only all the countries agreed on this, they may have been able to keep this from becoming a pandemic, but I think it was already all over the world by the time these cruise ships became plague ships.

• Like 2

According to the recent story, I posted above in #64, the only reason the passengers found out on social media was because the government of Belize released the data, and ratted out the cruise line.

• Sad 1