Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
hetrodoxly

Greta Thunberg at the BBC.

61 posts in this topic

Setton
8 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

They could have got a dog and an actor to do a voice over 'How dare you' or a cartoon, it's all the same to me, i don't need gimmicks, i want experts.

Got it.

You have experts saying exactly the same thing she is. 

Do you believe them? 

Setton
34 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

right about what? "Co2 is the root of all evil! ban it! ban it!"? "Life on earth will be extinct within 10 years!!"

I'm sure your links for those 'quotes' are coming any minute... 

Aaron2017

Reading the BBC TV Schedule  :lol:

"repeat.....repeat.......repeat.....repeat.....repeat.....repeat"

• Haha 1

aztek

is there a way to avoid paying that tax? what if i do not own a tv, and never go on bbc site?

• Like 1

Kittens Are Jerks
1 hour ago, aztek said:

is there a way to avoid paying that tax? what if i do not own a tv, and never go on bbc site?

You have to pay for a TV license if you watch televisions programs on a TV, computer or smart phone, or if you download BBC programs on iPlayer and such. If you claim not to do any of that, they will sometimes try and pressure you to buy a license regardless. I studied in the UK for a year and rented a furnished flat. I don't watch TV so had the porter store it for me because I was constantly harassed about the licence. Licensing officers even tried to get into the flat to look around. It was, to say the least, really creepy.

• Like 1

Habitat
2 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

You have to pay for a TV license if you watch televisions programs on a TV, computer or smart phone, or if you download BBC programs on iPlayer and such. If you claim not to do any of that, they will sometimes try and pressure you to buy a license regardless. I studied in the UK for a year and rented a furnished flat. I don't watch TV so had the porter store it for me because I was constantly harassed about the licence. Licensing officers even tried to get into the flat to look around. It was, to say the least, really creepy.

TV licences were abolished back in the 70's in Australia, hard to believe the Brits still persist. I think it is probably a lot easier to enforce in the higher population density there, though. 

• Like 2

aztek
1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

that is so mob\union style.   lol. how much is such license?

• Like 2

Kittens Are Jerks
1 minute ago, aztek said:

that is so mob\union style.   lol. how much is such license?

When I was there it was around £150 per year.  And yeah it is indeed very mob-style. They even drive around in vans that supposedly have special radar or something that can detect whether or not a person is watching TV. The vans can't detect a thing, they're just there to intimidate. It's amazing the lengths they will go to to collect a couple of hundred bucks from a person.

• Thanks 1

itsnotoutthere
On 2/13/2020 at 7:32 AM, Setton said:

They have. For years. 

You said it was all a lie. 

So now a child has to explain it to you. 

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/12/05/friday-funny-over-a-centurys-worth-of-failed-eco-climate-quotes-and-disinformation/

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

Dumbledore the Awesome
11 hours ago, Setton said:

I'm sure your links for those 'quotes' are coming any minute... 

If you could lay out in succinct form what her arguments and claims are? And then point out to us the scientific research that she has undertaken, or the reputable and non-politically biased research that she relies on, to back up her arguments.?

• Like 2

Rupert bear
On 2/13/2020 at 10:51 PM, aztek said:

A licence is required to watch live broadcasts only. 

Catch up TV is exempt. 

Should the goons show up you are not legally obliged to tell them anything whatsoever. Not if you live at the address, own a tv, your name or dietary requirements. If they are on your private land they must leave if asked. 

They have no access to your home unless invited in or accompanied by a police officer with a search warrant. 

In short, tell them to buzz off and close the door in their faces. 

YouTube has all the videos, TV licence goons. 

Or look on TV licence resistance forum. 

The BBC can rot in their lbgt Leftist hell.