Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What will the next Trump crime be?

and-then

4 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Ya know those pesky board of directors and share holders that demand a profit kind of thing.

There are pesky boards of directors and share holders in public corporations, not the Trump family business.

As a Brit I know zilch about American politics but I've seen Trump saying on TV more than once that the US economy is booming, and I wonder if the Dems have a beef with that?

Wiki- "Trump graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in May 1968 with a Bachelor of Science degree in economics"

Heck with him in charge for another 4 years everybody will probably be as rich as him and be able to afford toys like this..:D-

Trump-airliner_zps5sigoupj.jpg~original

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Without doing any research on it I'd say that Bush and Clinton was private property. That is a whole lot different then the SS staying at "Trump Properties". Ya know those pesky board of directors and share holders that demand a profit kind of thing.

Umm....  The Trump Organization has no shareholders and the board of directors is basically the Trump family.

It's this thing called a, "Privately Held Company".   Long story short, it's private property.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crikey said:

As a Brit I know zilch about American politics but I've seen Trump saying on TV more than once that the US economy is booming, and I wonder if the Dems have a beef with that?

Wiki- "Trump graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in May 1968 with a Bachelor of Science degree in economics"

Heck with him in charge for another 4 years everybody will probably be as rich as him and be able to afford toys like this..:D-

Trump-airliner_zps5sigoupj.jpg~original

Booming is it?  Have you read about his latest budget proposal?  We need to cut our safety nets because his tax cut didn't raise the revenue he claimed it would and the economy never broke the 3% annual GDP he promised.  He's even talking about giving Federal Workers only a 1% raise because of "Serious Economic Conditions". https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/10/politics/trump-federal-employee-pay-adjustments/index.html

Inflation in 2019 was 2.3% btw. https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

edit to add: I like the portion of the article that mentions how Bush and Clinton let the Secret Service stay on their property for free.

I’m sure they did, but the Mar-a-Lago is a popular resort that employs a lot of people. It’s not like the rooms and restaurants would be vacant if the Secret Service wasn’t staying there. People vacation there year-round. And personally, I don’t think a President should have to change his preferred vacation spot just because he’s President. 

• Like 1

Just now, simplybill said:

I’m sure they did, but the Mar-a-Lago is a popular resort that employs a lot of people. It’s not like the rooms and restaurants would be vacant if the Secret Service wasn’t staying there. People vacation there year-round. And personally, I don’t think a President should have to change his preferred vacation spot just because he’s President. 

Do you have a citation for that?  Remember Mar De Lago is an exclusive club with a $200,000 membership fee and only around 500 members.  (Including some interesting characters like Epstein, Li Yang, and Sergey Danilochkin)

And people don't vacation there year round as they routinely close it seasonally.

I'm fine with him vacationing there.  Making a profit off of tax payers while using the office of presidency is my issue. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Booming is it?  Have you read about his latest budget proposal?  We need to cut our safety nets because his tax cut didn't raise the revenue he claimed it would and the economy never broke the 3% annual GDP he promised.  He's even talking about giving Federal Workers only a 1% raise because of "Serious Economic Conditions". https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/10/politics/trump-federal-employee-pay-adjustments/index.html

Inflation in 2019 was 2.3% btw. https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

They knew when they passed the tax cut that this would happen. It was the main reason they passed it. They've been itching to cut the crap out of safety net programs for years and they finally see their chance to do it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I'm fine with him vacationing there.  Making a profit off of tax payers while using the office of presidency is my issue. 

I don’t see how he’s profiting. If he was forcing the Secret Service to buy $200,000 memberships, then yes, I’d agree, but the government picks up the tab at every hotel the Secret Service stays in. If Mar-a-Lago is Pres. Trump’s preferred hotel, I’m okay with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simplybill said:

I don’t see how he’s profiting. If he was forcing the Secret Service to buy $200,000 memberships, then yes, I’d agree, but the government picks up the tab at every hotel the Secret Service stays in. If Mar-a-Lago is Pres. Trump’s preferred hotel, I’m okay with it.

It's not a hotel, it's a private club.  It's also his personal property. The Secret Service is basically cutting Trump a check every time he vacations there.  Mar De Lago also has it's own security.  Does Trump regularly bill them $650/night or is the facilities they use included as an expense as a cost to do business? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

So Trump donates 1.6 mil of his salary over 4 years and shazam! he's in it to make money. :rolleyes:

I think Trump sees the big picture. What’s 1.6 million when his business interests conflict with his responsibilities. Wasn’t he supposed to sell out of most of his international property portfolio? Instead government officials and employees lease Trump properties and dubious deals in foreign countries that where he has clearly a conflict of interest in foreign policy remains. 

Which brings me to the next point. Why was Trump even allowed to become president without disposing those assets that conflicted with his job?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

They knew when they passed the tax cut that this would happen. It was the main reason they passed it. They've been itching to cut the crap out of safety net programs for years and they finally see their chance to do it. 

I think his, "The Economy is the Greatest it has ever been!" is going to come back and bite him on his butt on his budget request.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

The unchecked leak is the fault.  Or a better way to state it, the fault was not vetting subordinates well enough.  And Obama signing 12333 at the last minute to cause as much confusion with the next Administration as possible.  Obama set many landmines for the incoming Administration.  This is due to the unfamiliarity of Trump with the bureaucracy.  All of that conniving by the Left backfired and he’s learned his lesson.

Yes, Trump is very angry and he is applying heavy scrutiny all throughout the Executive.  He’ll finally be able to do as he pleases and stop playing games with his enemies.  Although, I think he enjoys it too much.

“Money making”?  Trump hasn’t been making money being President.  In fact, he has lost money.  He’s not using his position to help his children scam money or position from foreign nations.  It was Hilary, Biden, Kerry that was using their office to make money.  You have to wonder who else?  Was Obama totally ignorant of all of this?  How much of it was he scamming?

Darling, Trumps been on the money losing merry-go-round his whole life. Of course his two **** up sons aren’t helping it I’m sure daddy has made plenty off the secret service and military staying in his hotels and all the property deals in Saudi Arabia and Turkey.

Edited by Captain Risky

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

I think you underestimate the current and future president. Trump family and friends are cleaning up during this administration.

I agree. Trump is certainly mopping up and more so after he leaves office with those countries like Saudi Arabia, Israel, Russia and Turkey were his slight of hand foreign policy has been advantageous to those countries at the cost American security. That’s gotta be worth something.

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, and then said:

I've been wondering about this and thought it might make an entertaining "what if" exercise.  The election is less than 9 months away, the Democrats are in disarray and looking very weak at present so I believe they will continue to attack Trump, possibly even attempt to Impeach again.  What say you all?  What do you think they'll attempt next? 

Will there be another leaker that acts as a whistleblower or will they try something else?  They have to be extremely angry and frustrated that even with near total media negativity for 3 years, they haven't touched his popularity.  He is actually improving the outlook of millions of Americans and is slowly gaining ground with groups whose support the Democrat Party has taken for granted for decades.  SO... what's the next big crisis?

That's easy.  Rigging the election process by installing Federal judges who have expressed disdain for the Voting Rights Act.  This will be done by Senate Republicans.  Trump, if he is involved at all, will be behind the scenes.

Doug

• Like 1

As a neutral Brit observer, I have to say that if Biden is the best the Dems can put up, Trump's surely home free for another 4 years?

Trump-Biden-dummy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It's not a hotel, it's a private club.  It's also his personal property. The Secret Service is basically cutting Trump a check every time he vacations there.  Mar De Lago also has it's own security.  Does Trump regularly bill them $650/night or is the facilities they use included as an expense as a cost to do business? 

This is an interesting article about Mar-a-Lago, especially the quote about allowing minorities to join the club.

It appears the normal rate for an overnight stay is $2,000. The Secret Service pays $650.

From the article:

“And despite some financial difficulties faced by Trump in the 1990s, Mar-a-Lago grew into a successful golf resort. This is partially due to the fact that, unlike other “old money” resorts in Palm Beach, Mar-a-Lago accepted Jews, black people, and other minorities as members.”

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/heres-what-it-costs-to-take-a-vacation-at-donald-trumps-mar-a-lago-resort.html/

• Like 1

Incidentally I watched a bit of Trump's SOTU speech and saw him awarding a medal to cancer victim Limbaugh, yet at the end Nancy amazingly ripped up his speech on behalf of the Dems !...I'll probably never understand US politics..

PS- why was Pelosi up there anyway alongside Mike Pence, is she the Dem leader or what?

Trump-pelosi-rips.jpg

Edited by Crikey

3 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

If Trump is the Dark Lord of myth or reality, then he will have to explain the Blazing Light, which was prepared from the foundations of the earth to do battle with his throne, and his minions. 

We have been prepared .... and we “stand ready.

Um, from what I can make of that,which seems to have strayed from the Potty Prophecies thread, it seems to be dated 2013.That's some while before the Monster rose from his crypt. :mellow:

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

See, he can't win can he. If he spends most of his time golfing, he's hardly devoting all his time to being a tyrannical dictator is he. Hitler famously very rarely spent much time on hobbies and distractions, and better perhaps if he had done.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

See, he can't win can he. If he spends most of his time golfing, he's hardly devoting all his time to being a tyrannical dictator is he. Hitler famously very rarely spent much time on hobbies and distractions, and better perhaps if he had done.

his biggest achievement is that he keeps dems too busy to continue destroying the country like they did during obama.  everything else is just a bonus

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Crikey said:

As a neutral Brit observer, I have to say that if Biden is the best the Dems can put up, Trump's surely home free for another 4 years?

Trump-Biden-dummy.jpg

"I like running against people who are weak mentally". If people can't see by now just how bloody hilarious he is there really is no hope for them.

21 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Incidentally I watched a bit of Trump's SOTU speech and saw him awarding a medal to cancer victim Limbaugh, yet at the end Nancy amazingly ripped up his speech on behalf of the Dems !...I'll probably never understand US politics..

Trump-pelosi-rips.jpg

Well Rush Limbaugh is a hate filled, fear-mongering racist. Presenting him with that medal basically made it worthless to anyone who received it before or might after. 

She ripped up the speech because it was full of trumps usual partisan lies and was basically used as a glorified campaign speech. 

10 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

"I like running against people who are weak mentally". If people can't see by now just how bloody hilarious he is there really is no hope for them.

If Obama and his babe Hillary were intellectual giants, why did the great American people give her the boot in '016?

Below:- Hillary "Lady Macbeth" Clinton sees the crown slip from her grasp (sniffle)..

Lady_Macbeth5_zpszkpc4utw.jpg~original

hillary-clinton-macbeth_zpszo34ffkm.jpg~

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

She ripped up the speech because it was full of trumps usual partisan lies and was basically used as a glorified campaign speech. 

Speaking of ripping up, Obama and the Dems gave Iran permission to build nukes (what could possibly go wrong?) but Don ripped up the agreement on behalf of the people the first chance he got, I suppose that's why they lurv him to bits and can sleep easy in their beds-

Trump-iran4.jpg

Trump-people-safe.jpg

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 1