Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Don't leave me on a dusty shelf.

Bench.

Something I found myself writing at the end of  very long letter a while back. Fortunately, nobody got to read it.

Do one last thing for me if you must,

Burn my body and gather my dust,

Find a place free of concrete or sea,

And on a gusty wind set all of me free.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think it was in New Zealand they stopped people spreading the ashes of Rugby fanatics on a famous playing field, because it was killing the grass. Not sure what that says about our ashes, apparently they are not good fertilizer !

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Are there no green burial grounds round your parts? Its not as if there is anything to steal, unless people want to be buried with their wheels.

There is a green burial place not far from me, am considering it, sounds fine to me.

IMm8iOs9Iqv6eA3zIGFmx3tUMnOj9h1rBV1H4Gxd

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Four candles said:

Something I found myself writing at the end of  very long letter a while back. Fortunately, nobody got to read it.

Do one last thing for me if you must,

Burn my body and gather my dust,

Find a place free of concrete or sea,

And on a gusty wind set all of me free.

;o)      That's quite beautiful ...in a sad sort of way.   I like the way you put words together .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, freetoroam said:

There is a green burial place not far from me, am considering it, sounds fine to me.

IMm8iOs9Iqv6eA3zIGFmx3tUMnOj9h1rBV1H4Gxd

That would still be a bit busy for me. I want to be released to the wind, maybe somewhere in the Lake District where not many people venture. I like that thought.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lightly said:

;o)      That's quite beautiful ...in a sad sort of way.   I like the way you put words together .

Thank you. I'm not usually one for expressing myself with words, so that made me smile. It was sad when I first wrote it but I when I read it now makes me stronger.

• Like 2