Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious dead creature found after storm

Eldorado

"Mystery surrounds the skeleton of a mysterious creature that washed up on a Scottish beach during Storm Ciara. 

"The intriguing beast was found on the Aberdeenshire coastline on Sunday as the country endured 90mph winds and torrential rain.  

"A photograph of the creature was shared on a Facebook page prompting hundreds of suggestions as to what it might be."

Full monty at the UK Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7994879/Locals-baffled-skeleton-mysterious-creature-washed-Scottish-beach-Storm-Ciara.html

And at the UK Mirror: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/gigantic-skeleton-found-washed-up-21480835

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Clearly not a shark. Here is a part of a shark. Surprised at people suggesting it was a shark. They probably are unaware that sharks do not have bone.

il_340x270.1209201467_d1fu.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I like the way the Daily Fail, so utterly disappointed when it was pointed out to them by a marine biologist that it's just a whale, managed to twist his comments to imply he was nonetheless "baffled" by the remains ...... 

• Like 9

Call me Ishmael.

Some years ago — never mind how long precisely — having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A big whale. 

Where are the paranormal claims? Isn't this a trans-dimensional ectoplasmic entity exhibiting negative energies from the astral planes?

Someone better get their EMP meter over there to measure the etheric harmonics and annanuki aura degradations.

• Haha 6

29 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Where are the paranormal claims? Isn't this a trans-dimensional ectoplasmic entity exhibiting negative energies from the astral planes?

Someone better get their EMP meter over there to measure the etheric harmonics and annanuki aura degradations.

I've got a discount Papa Meter if you need it. Seems to always point to 100% for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

ZZzzzzzzzz......... Dead whale or undiscovered shark species that has bones..

Edited by tortugabob

On 2/12/2020 at 7:38 AM, Essan said:

I like the way the Daily Fail, so utterly disappointed when it was pointed out to them by a marine biologist that it's just a whale, managed to twist his comments to imply he was nonetheless "baffled" by the remains ...... 

Sad state of affairs as I place the Dally Mail far above American media in regards to trust. Of course, they still sensationalize stories like this though.

• Like 1

Anyone making a guess without knowing the "papa meter" reading is just ignorant.

Edited by InconceivableThoughts
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

It's a whale. Next!

On 2/12/2020 at 6:48 AM, stereologist said:

Clearly not a shark. Here is a part of a shark. Surprised at people suggesting it was a shark. They probably are unaware that sharks do not have bone.

I agree that it's not a shark, but the vertebral centra of most sharks are actually calcified like bone. That's why they fossilize almost as often as teeth.

6 hours ago, jbondo said:

Sad state of affairs as I place the Dally Mail far above American media in regards to trust. Of course, they still sensationalize stories like this though.

A sad state of affairs that anyone would trust the Daily Fail.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

It's a whale. Next!

I agree that it's not a shark, but the vertebral centra of most sharks are actually calcified like bone. That's why they fossilize almost as often as teeth.

Indeed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A 5 year old can see what it is, ( Groucho) ; Ok I can see that! Can someone get me a 5 year old?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Torviking said:

A 5 year old can see what it is, ( Groucho) ; Ok I can see that! Can someone get me a 5 year old?

Not really.  A five year olds brain is quite interesting to study.  They have more potential and less ability than any of us.  

• Like 1

pictures/ videos & stories mean nothing......

Anyone with a logical/ rational brain will know the likes of the loch ness monster/ bigfoot etc can not be a reality..

Why is this? I hear people ask:

well because in the year 2020 it's STILL classed as a phenomenon 

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

prove it!? ;)

When did you find religion ya bloody Southerner? :huh:

17 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

It's a whale. Next!

Thanks, good to know. I didn't realize they were calcified.

The shape though is a disk and not the vertebrae with the processes that extend out from the bone as see in the photo.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, stereologist said:

Thanks, good to know. I didn't realize they were calcified.

The shape though is a disk and not the vertebrae with the processes that extend out from the bone as see in the photo.

Agreed, the vertebral processes indicate whale.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry about this people but I was trying to inject a little humour. Did no one get the Groucho gag from Duck Soup?

• Thanks 1

Can't experts just go to this thing and investigate directly and do something like check for DNA matches? 

I see above there is clamoring for the Papameter to step in and tell certain people what they should think.

Papameter

7% Cryptid    93% Known Species 

• Like 1

Apparently it's  a minke whale that's been there since last October and just got revealed again after the waves washed sand off it ....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5276924/mystery-surrounding-nessie-creature-washed-up-on-aberdeenshire-beach-during-storm-ciara-solved/

• Like 2