Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious dead creature found after storm

Eldorado

16 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Can't experts just go to this thing and investigate directly and do something like check for DNA matches? 

I see above there is clamoring for the Papameter to step in and tell certain people what they should think.

Papameter

7% Cryptid    93% Known Species 

DNA testing isn't even necessary, since it's a pretty complete skeleton looking at the bones alone would be enough to tell what whale species it is.

Just now, Carnoferox said:

DNA testing isn't even necessary, since it's a pretty complete skeleton looking at the bones alone would be enough to tell what whale species it is.

Perhaps but if it's a cryptid nobody has a frame of reference so they might call best fit on a known species,

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

it will turn out to be 100% Known Species 

Saying 100% is not logically sound based on how little we know. It's impossible to be a cryptid??

Edited by papageorge1

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Saying 100% is not logically sound based on how little we know. It's impossible to be a cryptid??

it would be nice if i'm wrong, wouldn't it?

i say i'll never win a life changing amount on the lottery= i hope i'm wrong about that as well;)

38 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Perhaps but if it's a cryptid nobody has a frame of reference so they might call best fit on a known species,

It was confirmed to be a minke whale, so it's definitely not an unknown species.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

It was confirmed to be a minke whale, so it's definitely not an unknown species.

Is that a post OP article development?

9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Is that a post OP article development?

Pre-OP actually, the carcass was first seen last October in a less decomposed state. It had washed up then, been buried in sand, and then exposed again by a recent storm.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5276924/mystery-surrounding-nessie-creature-washed-up-on-aberdeenshire-beach-during-storm-ciara-solved/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Can't be identified by normal beach goer's... Sure, let's slap a mythical sea beast label on it! lol

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2020 at 1:36 AM, papageorge1 said:

Can't experts just go to this thing and investigate directly and do something like check for DNA matches? 

I see above there is clamoring for the Papameter to step in and tell certain people what they should think.

Papameter

7% Cryptid    93% Known Species 

This has to be the closest, imo ,the "papameter" has ever been.

Edited by InconceivableThoughts
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, InconceivableThoughts said:

This has to be the closest, imo ,the "papameter" has ever been.

It is accurate to plus or minus 10%

• 4 weeks later...

These things usually just end up being whales. It can't be a shark as some have pointed out because they don't have bones.

5 hours ago, Jetstream587 said:

These things usually just end up being whales. It can't be a shark as some have pointed out because they don't have bones.

I totally agree, a sharks skeleton is cartilaginous and deteriorates very quickly.

5 hours ago, Jetstream587 said:

It's been pointed out multiple times that it is a whale.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5276924/mystery-surrounding-nessie-creature-washed-up-on-aberdeenshire-beach-during-storm-ciara-solved/

• Like 1

Technically the expert WAS baffled... Right up to the point he looked at the bones. 

And technically it could have been called a cryptid... right up to the point the expert identified it.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:39 PM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Sun Magazine is big on conspiracies. It seems logical though, so that's interesting!

Is it a whale? 

Or a magnet for UM Trollsters?

nevermind... it's both

• Haha 1