Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

61% of Americans want full UFO disclosure

UM-Bot

Everybody wants disclosure. Has anybody taken time to think that if the aliens truly exist, that it is the aliens who don't want to be exposed? Think about it. A civilization is advanced enough to mingle with other advanced civilizations, and they all discover Earth in its technological adolescence. They would each think about molding Earth in their own image, and then they would end up fighting over control. After thousands, if not millions of years, the aliens have learned that there should be no overt interference in developing planets in order for peace to develop.

We cannot deny that our planet is prospering, and is relatively at peace, in spite of our technological advancement and our barbaric religions. If the aliens are out there, they certainly know how to contact us. Just leave them alone and be grateful that they are leaving us alone.

• Like 2

So then.. 39% of Americans explicitly do NOT want full disclosure ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Never quite understood this obsession with "disclosure"

If the US Government stated categorically that they have no evidence that any UFO ever seen has any artificial extraterrestrial origin, that they have never seen aliens from another world and have never had any contact in any shape or form with any entities that originated from anywhere other than Earth, would it really make so many people that much more happy? 

All it'd do is destroy the dreams of a few people who wanted to believe ....

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Essan said:

If the US Government stated categorically that they have no evidence that any UFO ever seen has any artificial extraterrestrial origin, that they have never seen aliens from another world and have never had any contact in any shape or form with any entities that originated from anywhere other than Earth, would it really make so many people that much more happy? 

Nobody would believe them. 

• Like 1

Of course, just because the aliens didn't make contact with the Americans, doesn't mean they are not here.   If they did fly here to meet us, they'd most likely land in one of the majr population centres like Delhi, Sao Paulo or Cairo.    Or even Wuhan - which is a bigger,  more populated, and obviously therefore, more important, city than anywhere in North America!   So we are almost certainly asking the wrong people .....

Edt: actually, latest figures suggest Wuhan has a slightly smaller population than New York.   Even before Covid-19.  But not by much.   Chengdu is bigger though.

Edited by Essan
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I want partial disclosure. I want only the sexy bits disclosed. 

Ah, the probing. I hope they have archive footage. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UFO "Disclosure" usually means confirmation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, David Thomson said:

Everybody wants disclosure. Has anybody taken time to think that if the aliens truly exist, that it is the aliens who don't want to be exposed? Think about it. A civilization is advanced enough to mingle with other advanced civilizations, and they all discover Earth in its technological adolescence. They would each think about molding Earth in their own image, and then they would end up fighting over control. After thousands, if not millions of years, the aliens have learned that there should be no overt interference in developing planets in order for peace to develop.

We cannot deny that our planet is prospering, and is relatively at peace, in spite of our technological advancement and our barbaric religions. If the aliens are out there, they certainly know how to contact us. Just leave them alone and be grateful that they are leaving us alone.

You watch a lot of Star Trek don't you.  It would be nice to have a universe like the old Star Trek (paramount has ruined the franchise) but I don't think we are much of a distraction for any elxtra terrestrial races, especially if they are outside our solar system.  The only aliens from outer space that would bother with us are the ones hiding from their authorities in the farthes backwater planet on the furthest spiral arm of what we call the milky way galaxy.

There are no aliens watching us nor wanting to save us or enslave us.  There may be some civilization watching us from afar, but why would they bother with us?  If they have the technology to get her from where ever they are, they already don't need our resources nor human slaves.  Maybe some have a few humans in some zoo but what else would they want?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Essan said:

The ones that want disclosure want the opposite message, that aliens are here and involved in our government and giving our military their technology, you know, like Stargate Television.

• Like 2

Didn't the Government do a Disclosure on UFO's during the time of Jimmy Carter? I think even NASA was part of the Research. 

100% of the people with real power in the US do not want disclosure, therefore disclosure isn’t going to happen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Timothy said:

Otherwise titled: 61% of Americans need better critical thinking skills. 

Weell 27% say yes "they're here" :alien: and 25% say the phenomenon can be explained through conventional means.  And conventional means could be translated by a glass-half full person to think 'conventional means we don't understand yet.' like low energy thermal reactions.:geek:

It's no secret our Govt, and probably every other developed nation is researching Unconventional Flying Objects. Not saying they've flown anything unconventional. But I'm sure they let us know before launching anything that would create unnecessary madness.:lol:

Edited by Varelse
are/is
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Essan said:

Of course, just because the aliens didn't make contact with the Americans, doesn't mean they are not here.   If they did fly here to meet us, they'd most likely land in one of the majr population centres like Delhi, Sao Paulo or Cairo.    Or even Wuhan - which is a bigger,  more populated, and obviously therefore, more important, city than anywhere in North America!   So we are almost certainly asking the wrong people .....

Edt: actually, latest figures suggest Wuhan has a slightly smaller population than New York.   Even before Covid-19.  But not by much.   Chengdu is bigger though.

That is true in 2020. However, if we go back to the 50's, 60's and 70's - when most of these UFO sightings seem to have happened - then I think that the USA would be clearly the largest and most advanced nation on earth ? 

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

That is true in 2020. However, if we go back to the 50's, 60's and 70's - when most of these UFO sightings seem to have happened - then I think that the USA would be clearly the largest and most advanced nation on earth ? 

...or the most fantasy prone :tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hazzard said:

...or the most fantasy prone :tu:

99 percent of the alternative history, alternative medicine and religious crackpots and crankage comes out of the U.S.

That makes you think.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

The ones that want disclosure want the opposite message, that aliens are here and involved in our government and giving our military their technology, you know, like Stargate Television.

Indeed,  But since that it's happening, it wouldn't be disclosure to say it is. Just a lie.  And what if someone then asked for proof? :o     They'd have to get Stanley Kubrik to make a movie that they could present as being genuine footage of the aliens .....  :p  

Laughable! If the president went on TV and the internet at 8pm on Tuesday and said: "We want to inform the general public that the UFO's you've been seeing are real and they are in fact piloted by ET's. They've traversed time/space and can come in and out of our airspace at will, however there's nothing we can do about it."

I guarantee that 60.9% of the 61 would go into extreme panic and the entire planet would erupt in chaos. People think they can handle it because, no matter how much they claim to believe, there's always that shadow of doubt in their subconscious. Fact is, nobody can accurately predict how they will react and IMO, many of those who are "the most ready" will be the first to panic. I've interviewed lots of alleged abductees and almost all of them had one thing in common: Terror! Didn't matter if it was real or not, they believed it and it scared the crap out of them. Now, magnify that by telling everyone such news and see how many sit back calmly and reflect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jbondo said:

Laughable! If the president went on TV and the internet at 8pm on Tuesday and said: "We want to inform the general public that the UFO's you've been seeing are real and they are in fact piloted by ET's. They've traversed time/space and can come in and out of our airspace at will, however there's nothing we can do about it."

I guarantee that 60.9% of the 61 would go into extreme panic and the entire planet would erupt in chaos. People think they can handle it because, no matter how much they claim to believe, there's always that shadow of doubt in their subconscious. Fact is, nobody can accurately predict how they will react and IMO, many of those who are "the most ready" will be the first to panic. I've interviewed lots of alleged abductees and almost all of them had one thing in common: Terror! Didn't matter if it was real or not, they believed it and it scared the crap out of them. Now, magnify that by telling everyone such news and see how many sit back calmly and reflect.

Ya think? I might be wrong here, but I don't think to many people would panic. Really what's there to panic about? If the government did confirm what many believe and say there are aliens visiting us, then chances are that's been happening for a while. Why panic over something that's been happening for at least the last few decades, or longer, or much longer. Nothing at that point really changes. Heck there will be a lot of people who would believe the government is lying if they said ET's really exist. I imagine there would be a lot of people who post here that would say that.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 7:31 AM, Timothy said:

Otherwise titled: 61% of Americans need better critical thinking skills. 

Even if things like flying saucers end up just being secrete military craft, I cant wait for the day that the public is told about them. Then all the folks who have looked down on people like myself who have seen them might consider doing a little critical thinking of their own.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I cant wait for the day that the public is told about them

me too....  your point is what?

Edit to add=ABOUT THEM?? I cant wait for the day that the public is told THE TRUTH!

Edited by Dejarma

Seems rather strange that people think the gubmint knows all about it, but the general population does not have a single decent thing to show. This is nonsense, the beans would have been spilled long ago, by someone. And what makes people think the gubmint can catch, that private citizens cannot ? It is BS, and just paranoia on steroids.