Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two men film alleged 'Bigfoot' in Ohio woods

UM-Bot

But is this really evidence of Bigfoot ? The creature itself looks suspiciously like a person wearing a suit and the way it plods along through the leaves looks very much like the way a human walks.

There's also the fact that the video appears to have been heavily edited.

• Like 5

Very interesting. I watched the entire video. Either a hoax or a Grassman for sure with not many other possibilities. This Salt Fork park is one I have heard others making similar claims. At one point the drone sees two. With the level of skepticism nowadays hoaxes don't seem to be worth much effort.

Papameter

Grassman 55%  Hoax 45%

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

That's not even a bigfoot costume, it's a guy in winter gear. How does this trash get submitted as evidence? Only an absolute moron would consider this video as evidence.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Is he behind that tree stump?

The whole thing seems very scripted.   Bigfoot didn't hear 2 guys stomping around with a drone?   Really?   He's been able to stay hidden all around the globe for hundreds or thousands of years, but let's 2 schmucks get this close.   Nope, not believable.

Hoax - 99.99%      

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

This is the park where there are supposed to be all sorts of sightings and yet it is surrounded by farms. Not a great place to hide. It is broken up so that it would be possible to do an exhaustive search of the park in small pieces.

It can be seen how the lake at the park breaks up the forested area.

http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/Portals/parks/PDFs/parks/Maps/Salt_Fork/saltforkparkmap.pdf

Although the park is 27 square miles it is so broken up that a small group could search the park for any signs of the wildlife in the park. Also, the lake covers 4 1/2 square miles. 

This is not a great place for something large to hide especially now when the leaves are down and there is nothing to hide a large creature other than tree trunks.

Forget the cheesy videos. Time for someone to collect hair samples, DNA, scat, or something that shows us the creature is real.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I especially love the parts where the best clear shots have been conveniently edited out :tsu:

• Haha 3

The funny thing is that in this article, he mentions one of his friends, how do we know its not one of his friends in the video? The figure to me looks like some burly guy dressed in a big black winter coat. The scream also sounds too human. Many alleged Bigfoots give out a snarling growl type sound. And finally there are various cuts that lead up to the appearance, which gives plenty of time for him to set someone up to stage the encounter. 

It was an entertaining video at least. They included spme of the famous tropes. They included the howling, the plodding, peeking from behind trees, a picture of a "footprint". But not "throwing rocks", or using a tree to show how tall it was.

Theres one scene where the BF seems either super zoomed in, or is just a couple trees away. Looks like the latter, with the BF being very close. Yet they dont seem scared. Though the one guy saying, "Should we even still be here!", was gold.

A good hoax, if a hoax. And not nearly enough, if not.

• Like 2

It really looked like a person to me. Not sure what to think. I wasn't watching thinking bigfoot, was just sat here thinking who's that guy walking about? 

5 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A recently published viral video on YouTube shows a large hairy figure walking through the trees.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/334549/two-men-film-alleged-bigfoot-in-ohio-woodland

Thanks for sharing.

Another faker in a cheap monkey suit.  Same old same old.  Nothing to see here people. Move along.

• Like 2

At first I thought this is a bad hoax. Then I saw the Youtube tag. It has to be be him.

3 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Hoaxing should be a federal crime.  Throw these liars into jail!

With all the cast from Apollo 11 :lol:

Why can't someone do a Bigfoot Fake that at least would be entertaining?

Idea for up and coming Bigfoot Video Fakers...guaranteed to go viral and get you noticed!

You are camping in a remote location when hardly anyone is in the park.  Have a friend put on a monkey suit....a good one...get some good fangs for your friends mouth...and a lot of facial make-up.   Have your girlfriend make breakfast on the old Coleman Stove.  You:  Video her doing it as a How To Cook Breakfast on a Coleman Stove.  Make it a real video about that....

....suddenly out of the blue Big Foot comes into the picture...Half running, but with his arms and legs...not like a human runs...more like an ape...

Have your monkey friend then knock your girl friend to the ground and he starts biting her and then grabs her neck with his mouth...(like a lion on the Serengeti)  It's okay to use fake blood...a lot of it!  But it's gotta look real.  Then you come running up with a broom and start whacking him and he gets up and runs away.  

Then you help your girlfriend up and ...oh my gosh...we filmed all of that...honey call the park ranger we got this on film...

Or something....anything...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have been to Salt fork many many times, it is not what I would call rural in the least, I have been to more remote places backpacking. I find it laughable that there could be a bigfoot roaming around (and it NOT be seen on a daily basis, multiple times). It is just miles from interstate 77 to the west and 70 to the south, with rinky dink towns inbetween (ok they are more like collections of houses). Route 22 sits at its main entrance and is lined with houses, some with lake front property. Old Twenty One road runs parallel to I-77 and again, is lined with houses, freedom road also has many many houses that sit all along it as well as all the side roads that shoot off of Freedom Rd. The town of Cambridge is approximately 7-8 miles down US22 from the main entrance(22 runs through the heart of Cambridge) and has a population of about 12,000. I worked at a state run facility for the mentally disabled which is just a stones throw from Salt fork ( we took our residents there quite often). There are a scattering of farms surrounding the park, but there are far more houses, and the area is more heavily populated than you might imagine with it being a "State Park", many state parks (at least in SE Ohio) are where the army corp of engineers came in and put in dams creating man made lakes (Burr Oak, Salt Fork, Dillon, to name a few). Did I mention that there is hunting allowed in the state park? and that the park itself is not all that big? 

Like I said... very very laughable that bigfoot calls this place home. 

• Thanks 4