Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Uncle Sam

If You Vote Democrat, You Should Read History

47 posts in this topic

Uncle Sam

The Democrats True History
For years people have said that Republicans are the party of racists and you must vote Democrat to stop the evil racists who live in rural areas. This rhetoric couldn’t be further from the truth. The legacy that Democrats have left behind since the civil war has been so riddle with inhumane atrocities, that it is mind numbing how the African-American community has come to be their most loyal voter base through deception and lies pushed by DNC.  How could this have happen? How did a segment of our population come to vote for a party that has historically discriminated against them and even treated them as second class citizens of this nation that they were born in?

Let’s start with the first paragraph on how DNC describe their own history on their own website compared to what they have historically done and how recent some of it was.

If you want more history tidbits on Democrats, please look at below.

Here’s more than 100 facts that prove the Democrats are racist Nazis. History and current behavior provide ample evidence that their feigned outrage about White Supremacists is their new Hoax and a Big Lie.

It’s patently absurd for the Left  to accuse President Trump and his supporters of being White Supremacists. This toxic narrative being spread by the Globalist propaganda machine MSM needs to be stopped in its tracks. Let’s hit ’em where it hurts-with the truth. The list below of 100+ facts prove that the Democrats are racist Nazis. For the purpose of efficiency, “Democrats”  is the umbrella term that encompasses RINOs, “Liberals” and “Progressives” as well.

For More, Click Here

They are trying to gaslight you all on their own history and attribute it to the Republican party. Why not take an moment and compare the real history to the fake.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Piney

I know all about it. I was raised a "Southern Democrat" and the White SWJ Democrats still are racist because of their "White man's burden" and I have met many Black Democrat racists too. Too many, and they get away with it. You can be a member of Nation of Islam as a politician in New Jersey, but not the KKK. 

But I hate all parties and politicians so........

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Gromdor

Oh yeah, it's quite true.  The Democrats used to be the party of the Confederate Flag.  I wish Republicans would read history too.

National_republican_platform._Adopted_by

This is their original platform. 

The 1860 Republican platform consisted of 17 declarations of principle, of which 10 dealt directly with the issues of free soil principles, slavery, the Fugitive Slave Act, and the preservation of the Union, while the remaining 7 dealing with other issues.

Clauses 12 through 16 of the platform called for a protective tariff, enactment of the Homestead Act, freedom of immigration into the United States and full rights to all immigrant citizens, internal improvements, and the construction of a Pacific railroad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1860_Republican_National_Convention

Nothing about abortion, the second amendment, bigger military, cutting taxes, or anything like the current Republican platform at all.  The Homestead act was a government handout of free 160 acres to any US citizen or anyone who wanted to be a citizen. https://www.history.com/topics/american-civil-war/homestead-act

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Setton
2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Oh yeah, it's quite true.  The Democrats used to be the party of the Confederate Flag.  I wish Republicans would read history too.

The 1860 Republican platform consisted of 17 declarations of principle, of which 10 dealt directly with the issues of free soil principles, slavery, the Fugitive Slave Act, and the preservation of the Union, while the remaining 7 dealing with other issues.

Clauses 12 through 16 of the platform called for a protective tariff, enactment of the Homestead Act, freedom of immigration into the United States and full rights to all immigrant citizens, internal improvements, and the construction of a Pacific railroad.

Nothing about abortion, the second amendment, bigger military, cutting taxes, or anything like the current Republican platform at all.  The Homestead act was a government handout of free 160 acres to any US citizen or anyone who wanted to be a citizen. https://www.history.com/topics/american-civil-war/homestead-act

But, but, not that history!

• Like 1

Setton

It's almost like a party's current actions are more important to voters than their historic ones... 

• Thanks 2

Gromdor
2 minutes ago, Setton said:

It's almost like a party's current actions are more important to voters than their historic ones... 

Platforms change and people switch freely.  I won't lie. I was a republican back in the 90's, shifted to independent, and with Trump am now going to vote full party-line Democrat.  Hillary used to be Republican, Trump used to be a Democrat, and both parties are nothing what they were even 20 years ago.

• Like 4

Setton
1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Platforms change and people switch freely.  I won't lie. I was a republican back in the 90's, shifted to independent, and with Trump am now going to vote full party-line Democrat.  Hillary used to be Republican, Trump used to be a Democrat, and both parties are nothing what they were even 20 years ago.

Different country of course but I've voted for all 3 of our major parties. And that's in less than 10 years. 

joc
1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

We were trying to get people to come to the United States...and we succeeded.  Doesn't have anything to do with racism.

The vast majority, if not all, of the Democrats were Slave Owners before the Civil War.  [EDIT:  That should have read Slave Owners were Democrat] It was in fact why we fought the civil war.  The Democrats were fighting for their own personal gain and their right to enslave African humans as workers.  The Republicans were concerned about the Civil Rights of the African humans.

Now....

Let me give you a philosophical analysis of humanity:

Most Christians are Christian because their parents were Christian  and that is what they have known from birth.  Christianity is their birth box.  

Most Muslims are Muslim because their parents were Muslim  and that is what they have known from birth.  Islam is their birth box.

Most Communists  are Communist because their parents were Communist  and that is what they have known from birth.  Communism is their birth box.

Most Capitalists  are Capitalist because their parents were Capitalists  and that is what they have known from birth.  Capitalism is their birth box.

Most Democrats are Democrat because their parents were Democrat and that is what they have known from birth.  Democrat is their birth box.

Most Republicans are Republican because their parents were Republican and that is what they have known from birth.  Republican is their birth box.

A person's birth box is what they were born into.  It is generational because the belief systems, religious, political, societal, economic, are all taught from birth and therefore passed on to the next generation.  

The point in all of that ....Democrats passed down to their children and their children's children, etc.  the inherent racism that stemmed originally from Slave Ownership.  There was a wide and deep riff between Democrats and Republicans before, during and after the civil war.  While it would be incorrect to say that all Democrats are racist, it would indeed be correct to say that Racism is a part of the Democrat Genealogy from long before the Civil War.

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

Gromdor
27 minutes ago, joc said:

We were trying to get people to come to the United States...and we succeeded.  Doesn't have anything to do with racism.

The vast majority, if not all, of the Democrats were Slave Owners before the Civil War.  [EDIT:  That should have read Slave Owners were Democrat] It was in fact why we fought the civil war.  The Democrats were fighting for their own personal gain and their right to enslave African humans as workers.  The Republicans were concerned about the Civil Rights of the African humans.

Now....

Let me give you a philosophical analysis of humanity:

Most Christians are Christian because their parents were Christian  and that is what they have known from birth.  Christianity is their birth box.  

Most Muslims are Muslim because their parents were Muslim  and that is what they have known from birth.  Islam is their birth box.

Most Communists  are Communist because their parents were Communist  and that is what they have known from birth.  Communism is their birth box.

Most Capitalists  are Capitalist because their parents were Capitalists  and that is what they have known from birth.  Capitalism is their birth box.

Most Democrats are Democrat because their parents were Democrat and that is what they have known from birth.  Democrat is their birth box.

Most Republicans are Republican because their parents were Republican and that is what they have known from birth.  Republican is their birth box.

A person's birth box is what they were born into.  It is generational because the belief systems, religious, political, societal, economic, are all taught from birth and therefore passed on to the next generation.  

The point in all of that ....Democrats passed down to their children and their children's children, etc.  the inherent racism that stemmed originally from Slave Ownership.  There was a wide and deep riff between Democrats and Republicans before, during and after the civil war.  While it would be incorrect to say that all Democrats are racist, it would indeed be correct to say that Racism is a part of the Democrat Genealogy from long before the Civil War.

Who is talking about racism?  I'm just talking about the original party platform- long abandoned. 

But I do have to say, your philosophy is sad.  Classifying people by their "Birth box" and thinking things don't change.

It does make me wonder.  Why is it that Yankee States are Democrat now and Confederate States are Republican?  Why is it that Republicans are the ones waving the Confederate Flag?  Why are Republicans upset that Democrats want to take down Confederate monuments if they are the Democrats to begin with?  Why does the KKK support Republican candidates now and not Democrats?

• Like 1

ExpandMyMind

Or you can just look to the more recent history of the Southern Strategy.

In American politics, the Southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans.[1][2][3] As the civil rights movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South who had traditionally supported the Democratic Party rather than the Republican Party. It also helped to push the Republican Party much more to the right.[4]

Democrats are still suffering the consequences of the Civil Rights Act. The thing that has the GOP so scared now though is that all of those old racists and their closest descendants are now almost extinct. This, combined with the minority demographics, the knowledge available on the internet that allows for the rapid debunking of pretty much all of the Republican doctrine, and African American culture becoming more socially acceptable (and even desirable) means that the racist southerners that the GOP have relied on for so long are almost all gone. That's why McConnell has been busy packing the lower courts and blocked Obama's SC pick in order to fill the seats with unqualified right-wing nutjobs. They're preparing for an unavoidable future.

The current Republican Party is and has been reliant on racism as one of its main recruitment tools. That's an observable and undeniable fact. You can look at either party historically to find this sort of thing (and since Clinton and his policies that targeted minorities, even the Dems aren't blameless), but it is the Republican Party who openly support white nationalists running for office under their flag (of which there are a number, like Steve King) and enacts policies and voter suppression tools to ensure that minority populations and voters will remain royally screwed.

You'll hear conservatives on here talking as though the Dems are irrelevant, dying out and that Republicans are the future of US politics, but the truth is the exact opposite. With the current generation, as countless studies have shown, younger people are slanting heavily to the left. That was always going to be the result of a party becoming basically an extremist right wing group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

joc
8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Who is talking about racism?  I'm just talking about the original party platform- long abandoned. 

But I do have to say, your philosophy is sad.  Classifying people by their "Birth box" and thinking things don't change.

It does make me wonder.  Why is it that Yankee States are Democrat now and Confederate States are Republican?  Why is it that Republicans are the ones waving the Confederate Flag?  Why are Republicans upset that Democrats want to take down Confederate monuments if they are the Democrats to begin with?  Why does the KKK support Republican candidates now and not Democrats?

Why is it that Yankee States are Democrat now and Confederate States are Republican?

Because people are mobile.

Why is it that Republicans are the ones waving the Confederate Flag?

Show me the factual representation of that statement please.

Why are Republicans upset that Democrats want to take down Confederate monuments if they are the Democrats to begin with?

Because the Democrats are attempting to 'erase' history...their history... also attempting to solidify a base by pretending to be Non-racist.  

Why does the KKK support Republican candidates now and not Democrats?

Again, show me evidence that your statement is true.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Buzz_Light_Year
1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Or you can just look to the more recent history of the Southern Strategy.

Democrats are still suffering the consequences of the Civil Rights Act. The thing that has the GOP so scared now though is that all of those old racists and their closest descendants are now almost extinct. This, combined with the minority demographics, the knowledge available on the internet that allows for the rapid debunking of pretty much all of the Republican doctrine, and African American culture becoming more socially acceptable (and even desirable) means that the racist southerners that the GOP have relied on for so long are almost all gone. That's why McConnell has been busy packing the lower courts and blocked Obama's SC pick in order to fill the seats with unqualified right-wing nutjobs. They're preparing for an unavoidable future.

The current Republican Party is and has been reliant on racism as one of its main recruitment tools. That's an observable and undeniable fact. You can look at either party historically to find this sort of thing (and since Clinton and his policies that targeted minorities, even the Dems aren't blameless), but it is the Republican Party who openly support white nationalists running for office under their flag (of which there are a number, like Steve King) and enacts policies and voter suppression tools to ensure that minority populations and voters will remain royally screwed.

You'll hear conservatives on here talking as though the Dems are irrelevant, dying out and that Republicans are the future of US politics, but the truth is the exact opposite. With the current generation, as countless studies have shown, younger people are slanting heavily to the left. That was always going to be the result of a party becoming basically an extremist right wing group.

And yet another delusional post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

ExpandMyMind
15 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Because the current parties in no way represent their past iterations. Bringing up the distant past in an attempt to smear a current party is a tactic which has no substance. Which I think you already alluded to when you posted the original Republican manifesto.

• Like 2

ExpandMyMind
Just now, Buzz_Light_Year said:

And yet another delusional post.

Have you read the studies that show this trend? I have. And you can bet your house that McConnell has.

• Like 1

joc
2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The thing that has the GOP so scared now though is that all of those old racists and their closest descendants are now almost extinct

False premise.

Fact:  The GOP is not scared.

Fact:  Racism is a learned response handed down from the deeply inherent racist Democrat genealogy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ExpandMyMind
Just now, joc said:

False premise.

Fact:  The GOP is not scared.

Fact:  Racism is a learned response handed down from the deeply inherent racist Democrat genealogy. 

You are by far the dumbest, most ignorant numpty I've ever seen on these boards. And I've been here since back in the day when the conspiracy section was still extremely popular.

• Thanks 1

Nnicolette

If you believe that democrats and republicans are different then you should in fact study your history.

• Thanks 1

joc
8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You are by far the dumbest, most ignorant numpty I've ever seen on these boards. And I've been here since back in the day when the conspiracy section was still extremely popular.

Thank you very much...now...go look in the mirror!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Buzz_Light_Year
22 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Have you read the studies that show this trend? I have. And you can bet your house that McConnell has.

Now research who funded those studies that you've read.

Buzz_Light_Year
21 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Can we bring this up for a vote?

• Haha 1

ExpandMyMind
1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Can we bring this up for a vote?

I'm not sure how that would work. I know you guys are terrified of the popular vote.

• Thanks 1

Doug1029

Parties change.

Back during Reconstruction and for some time thereafter, Southern Democrats were the party of racism.

The Republicans used to be the Party of Lincoln.  Now they are a disaster, the party of racism, barely functional and wholly dependent on Donald Trump to hold them together.

So the two parties have swapped places on the racism issue.  President Johnson made the trade, hoping that black votes would offset the white votes he lost with his civil liberties programs.  Results were mixed.

Doug

• Like 2

South Alabam

I wish people would stop trying to equate an entire party, either democrat or republican as "parties of racist." Racism exist in all parties and all colors. For you foreigners always trying to tell us how bad we are over here, I tell you what, you take your lily white ass an stroll down certain neighborhoods in L.A, NYC, Chicago, or a few other cities, and see how long it is before you end up in the E.R or morgue, simply for being white in the wrong neighborhoods. Racism isn't "white" exclusive. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OverSword

This thread is a **** show.  

• Haha 2

Gromdor
3 hours ago, joc said:

Why is it that Yankee States are Democrat now and Confederate States are Republican?

Because people are mobile.

Why is it that Republicans are the ones waving the Confederate Flag?

Show me the factual representation of that statement please.

Why are Republicans upset that Democrats want to take down Confederate monuments if they are the Democrats to begin with?

Because the Democrats are attempting to 'erase' history...their history... also attempting to solidify a base by pretending to be Non-racist.  

Why does the KKK support Republican candidates now and not Democrats?

Again, show me evidence that your statement is true.

You really don't remember any of this?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/the-ku-klux-klan-officially-endorses-donald-trump-for-president-a7392801.html

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2016/07/11/steve-king-provokes-criticism-displaying-confederate-flag/86947746/

https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+rally+confederate+flag&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwid8piAjc_nAhVG5awKHRI5ALAQ_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1462&bih=790

• Like 1
  • Haha 1