Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Charlie For Real?

jbondo

I put it in this category because I didn't see anything more appropriate. I'm sure the mods will move it if needed. That said, what do you think of Charlie? Is this the body healing itself due to overwhelming belief in a guy like him? Or, does Charlie actually have a gift?

https://youtu.be/w1sOZFf4ak4

Sorry, seems I forgot how to add a youtube video.

Edited by jbondo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have seen this guy before. My leading theory is that he directs etheric healing energy by healing through the etheric double body.

From Wikipedia:

The etheric body, ether-body, æther body, a name given by neo-Theosophy to a vital body or subtle body propounded in esoteric philosophies as the first or lowest layer in the "human energy field" or aura.[1] It is said to be in immediate contact with the physical body, to sustain it and connect it with "higher" bodies.

Unfortunately, such energy healing is draining on the etheric vitality of the healer as he reports. They have to limit their healing work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

....'etheric' energy?

This "Charlie" guy is no different from all the other so-called 'healers' out there. Placebo effect and preying on the gullible and desperate. I've heard it all before, same song-and-dance but nothing to show except anecdote.

Sorry Charlie..ya' needs to do a tad better than giving us a weepy eyes expression and looking oh-so-innocent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

Nikola Tesla

• Like 4

20 hours ago, jbondo said:

20 hours ago, jbondo said:

Sorry, seems I forgot how to add a youtube video.

I believe it! Not cuz I'm gullible but becuse I've seen hands on healing done and how it cured a women that the CDC could not. (CDC = center for disease control) 

It is much different than reiki and the power of suggestion. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Festina said:

Does his shirt say "Papa Bear'. I think I know where his heart lies:

Papameter

85% Legitimate Paranormal Healer      15%Pacebo/Imagination

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If you were injured and in pain and you went to charlie and after the session , you felt and began to function better, would you care if it was placebo effect or a spiritual gift?

Or, would you just be happy to have less pain and more mobility?

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2020 at 9:33 AM, Festina said:

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

Nikola Tesla

It's called physics, not magic.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WanderingFool0 said:

If you were injured and in pain and you went to charlie and after the session , you felt and began to function better, would you care if it was placebo effect or a spiritual gift?

Or, would you just be happy to have less pain and more mobility?

A placebo will work even if you know it's a placebo. The placebo effect is limited in its "power". You won't regrow an arm with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

A placebo will work even if you know it's a placebo. The placebo effect is limited in its "power". You won't regrow an arm with it. 

Never said it would, but then science has yet to regrow an arm either.

And i watched his show when it was  on tv and I will say, whether it was placebo or healing power, many of the people were genuinely helped, at least at the time and unfortunately the medical alternatives were  working the best they could.

Edited by WanderingFool0
correction
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, WanderingFool0 said:

many of the people were genuinely helped

you don't know that as fact! it's a TV show for naff sake:sleepy:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you don't know that as fact! it's a TV show for naff sake:sleepy:

You are correct. I do not. I can only rely on their testimony and claim, but who am I to say they weren't, when they said they were.

16 minutes ago, WanderingFool0 said:

You are correct. I do not. I can only rely on their testimony and claim, but who am I to say they weren't, when they said they were.

so it's not genuine then is it.... It just sounds good to you when you say it.. Until you're pulled up on it!
Just like the people in the show sound good, don't they

oh well, there ya go ... have fun;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

so it's not genuine then is it.... It just sounds good to you when you say it.. Until you're pulled up on it!
Just like the people in the show sound good, don't they

oh well, there ya go ... have fun;)

Even if it's placebo effect it is genuine. Placebo effect may not be repeatable, which is why medicine doesn't usually use it, they don't want to give false hope, but it happens. medicine usually calls it spontaneous remission and are aware it happens.

I am not medical practitioner and I never said that, using the placebo effect should replace medical treatment, but if medical treatment is exhausted, i am not above people using the placebo effect or a little pious fraud so to speak, if it helps them. Sometimes the faith healing works, even if all the work was done in mind and body of the recipient.

You have fun too.

Edited by WanderingFool0
correction

Just now, WanderingFool0 said:

Even if it's placebo effect it is genuine. Placebo effect may not be repeatable, which is why medicine doesn't usually use it, they don't want to give false hope, but it happens. medicine usually calls it spontaneous remission and are aware it happens.

I am medical practitioner and I never said that, using the placebo effect should replace medical treatment, but if medical treatment is exhausted, i am not above people using the placebo effect or a little pious fraud so to speak, if it helps them. Sometimes the faith healing works, even if all the work was done in mind and body of the recipient.

You have fun too.

yeah, but you don't know for sure if any of them were really helped in anyway- Placebo effect or not.. again= it's just a bloody TV show

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yeah, but you don't know for sure if any of them were really helped in anyway- Placebo effect or not.. again= it's just a bloody TV show

You are right I don't, but then you don't know they weren't. In fact I am comfortable saying we both don't know, only those people do. And never said it was more than a show. What else would have been? It, was on tv.

Edited by WanderingFool0
correction

3 minutes ago, WanderingFool0 said:

You are right I don't, but then you don't know they weren't. In fact I am comfortable saying we both don't know, only those people do.

you maybe a medical practitioner but i work in film & tv- i know the BS that goes on in order to sell the show! so now what?

• Like 1

Just now, Dejarma said:

you maybe a medical practitioner but i work in film & tv- i know the BS that goes on in order to sell the show! so now what?

actually i corrected that. it was a typo on my part. I am not, nor claim to be

1 minute ago, WanderingFool0 said:

actually i corrected that. it was a typo on my part. I am not, nor claim to be

so why did you say you're medical practitioner? how could that be a typo???r= see, more BS

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It's called physics, not magic.

Pray tell,  intentionally Poisoning the living via pharmacia is what?  I say Black  magic. (See OP video).  

One puts roundup on the leaves of a tree...the tree eventually dies.  Abra-Cad-abra.  

pharmacy (n.)

late 14c., "a medicine," from Old French farmacie "a purgative" (13c.), from Medieval Latin pharmacia, from Greek pharmakeia "use of drugs, medicines, potions, or spells; poisoning, witchcraft; remedy, cure," from pharmakeus (fem. pharmakis) "preparer of drugs, poisoner, sorcerer" from pharmakon "drug, poison, philter, charm, spell, enchantment." Beekes writes that the original meaning cannot be clearly established, and "The word is clearly Pre-Greek."

Meaning "use or administration of drugs" is attested from c. 1400; that of "place where drugs are prepared and dispensed" is first recorded 1833. The ph- was restored 16c. in French, 17c. in English (see ph).

https://www.etymonline.com/word/pharmacy

Sorry but the sciences are not an easy road and mistakes have been made. People have, since there were people, experimented with different substances. Some were deadly, others curative. In ancient time the stuff that worked was combined with the placebo effect through the power of suggestion. 

On 2/15/2020 at 3:08 PM, Jujo-jo said:

It is much different than reiki and the power of suggestion. 

I'm a level 1 Reiki Healer.

I began my studies because during my first encounter with Reiki, I had an experience that I couldn't explain at all.

I was completely sceptical and it absolutely blew me away.

I'd just come out of 20 years of Christianity where I was desperately begging "God" to show himself to me.

I even got singled out by an evangelical faith healer / slayer of the spirit one time and felt like it was the moment something would truly happen for me that could solidify my faith for me - finally! She went down the line, holding her hands inches from peoples faces and they were all dropping like flies like they do on TV.

Honestly, I was pretty damn excited.

She got to me and held out her hands.

Nothing.

Not even a little bit of body warmth or static electricity. I felt absolutely nothing.

Which seemed to worry her too - because she then pressed her hand against my forehead and shoved me, trying to make me fall,

When I swung back up, she gave up and moved on. I was literally the only person in the line still standing.

If it was simply the power of suggestion, I was more than open for God to show his power on me that day. I was begging for it. I wanted it more than anything. I got nothing. And then when I had Reiki done, I was as skeptical as could be. I thought it'd just be a relaxation experience. Besides, the people at the expo were only students! They weren't even masters!

Not only have I never felt so relaxed and foggy in my entire life (and I smoked weed every day for 8 years, I know what relaxed and foggy feels like!), but I saw two incredibly bright flashes of light that I clarified did NOT happen in real time - only to me while I had my eyes shut during the 15 minute Reiki session.

It's true - a lot of it is 'suggestive', if you like - but that doesn't mean that it's not real. The power of the mind - which runs on energy - is very effective at manifesting it's own reality. Convince it something isn't true and you'll never see it happen.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked