Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Charlie For Real?

jbondo

2 minutes ago, jypsijemini said:

I'm a level 1 Reiki Healer.

I began my studies because during my first encounter with Reiki, I had an experience that I couldn't explain at all.

I was completely sceptical and it absolutely blew me away.

I'd just come out of 20 years of Christianity where I was desperately begging "God" to show himself to me.

I even got singled out by an evangelical faith healer / slayer of the spirit one time and felt like it was the moment something would truly happen for me that could solidify my faith for me - finally! She went down the line, holding her hands inches from peoples faces and they were all dropping like flies like they do on TV.

Honestly, I was pretty damn excited.

She got to me and held out her hands.

Nothing.

Not even a little bit of body warmth or static electricity. I felt absolutely nothing.

Which seemed to worry her too - because she then pressed her hand against my forehead and shoved me, trying to make me fall,

When I swung back up, she gave up and moved on. I was literally the only person in the line still standing.

If it was simply the power of suggestion, I was more than open for God to show his power on me that day. I was begging for it. I wanted it more than anything. I got nothing. And then when I had Reiki done, I was as skeptical as could be. I thought it'd just be a relaxation experience. Besides, the people at the expo were only students! They weren't even masters!

Not only have I never felt so relaxed and foggy in my entire life (and I smoked weed every day for 8 years, I know what relaxed and foggy feels like!), but I saw two incredibly bright flashes of light that I clarified did NOT happen in real time - only to me while I had my eyes shut during the 15 minute Reiki session.

It's true - a lot of it is 'suggestive', if you like - but that doesn't mean that it's not real. The power of the mind - which runs on energy - is very effective at manifesting it's own reality. Convince it something isn't true and you'll never see it happen.

You consciously wanted it. Your subconscious mind was made up. It doubted. That's why there wasn't any effect. We tend to think we are conscious all the time, but the subconscious runs the show roughly 95% of the time. 

Netflix also has this new series called Goop where they also featured an energy healer.

Someone please explain to me how the healer basically puppets peoples bodies off the table when the client is face down and completely unable to see the healer's hands at work? How is that suggestive?

https://goop.com/energy-healing/

And the Energy Flow Formula creator, John Amaral, who was featured in the above mentioned Goop episode (energy healer and chiropractor):

What is the Energy Flow Formula?

The Energy Flow Formula is a combination of specialized body and energy work that includes breathing, focused movement, mindfulness and meditation.  The Formula helps shift the body and mind into a more connected, coherent and creative state of Energetic Flow.

https://johnamaral.com/

• Like 1

• The topic was locked

Thread cleaned.

13 hours ago, Dejarma said:

so why did you say you're medical practitioner? how could that be a typo???r= see, more BS

Typos happen and given the fact that the post was corrected 4 minutes before you quoted him you will just have to take him at his word.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• The topic was unlocked

@jypsijemini

I read your post where you told about your relationship with the man you live with. I found it touching. You're obviously a very loving person and it's because of that that I'm replying to you now.

In my opinion you courageously showed yourself to God when it was your turn in line and remained standing

Have you considered that you might have it the wrong way around? The situation isn't that God needs to show himself to us but rather, we need to show ourselves to him.

Edited by Will Due

59 minutes ago, jypsijemini said:

Netflix also has this new series called Goop where they also featured an energy healer.

Someone please explain to me how the healer basically puppets peoples bodies off the table when the client is face down and completely unable to see the healer's hands at work? How is that suggestive?

And the Energy Flow Formula creator, John Amaral, who was featured in the above mentioned Goop episode (energy healer and chiropractor):

The Energy Flow Formula is a combination of specialized body and energy work that includes breathing, focused movement, mindfulness and meditation.  The Formula helps shift the body and mind into a more connected, coherent and creative state of Energetic Flow.

https://www.painscience.com/articles/therapeutic-touch.php

It's pseudo science.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jypsijemini said:

I began my studies because during my first encounter with Reiki, I had an experience that I couldn't explain at all.

I'd just come out of 20 years of Christianity where I was desperately begging "God" to show himself to me.

I even got singled out by an evangelical faith healer / slayer of the spirit one time and felt like it was the moment something would truly happen for me that could solidify my faith for me - finally! She went down the line, holding her hands inches from peoples faces and they were all dropping like flies like they do on TV.

Nothing.

Not even a little bit of body warmth or static electricity. I felt absolutely nothing.

Which seemed to worry her too - because she then pressed her hand against my forehead and shoved me, trying to make me fall,

When I swung back up, she gave up and moved on. I was literally the only person in the line still standing.

If it was simply the power of suggestion, I was more than open for God to show his power on me that day. I was begging for it. I wanted it more than anything. I got nothing. And then when I had Reiki done, I was as skeptical as could be. I thought it'd just be a relaxation experience. Besides, the people at the expo were only students! They weren't even masters!

Not only have I never felt so relaxed and foggy in my entire life (and I smoked weed every day for 8 years, I know what relaxed and foggy feels like!), but I saw two incredibly bright flashes of light that I clarified did NOT happen in real time - only to me while I had my eyes shut during the 15 minute Reiki session.

It's true - a lot of it is 'suggestive', if you like - but that doesn't mean that it's not real. The power of the mind - which runs on energy - is very effective at manifesting it's own reality. Convince it something isn't true and you'll never see it happen.

I have often wonder what is the difference between hands on healing and reiki; I know reiki uses symbols and things like this, unlike hand on healing anf maybe the history of them are completely different but are there other diffetencesbeside these.

I've also wondered if the healing energy is the same.

One might put their mind and thoughts of doing healing in a certain fram of mind and do it this way and another might do it that way but is that energy source the same? (If that makes sense.. lol)

On 2/14/2020 at 8:33 AM, Festina said:

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

Nikola Tesla

...which was never actually said by Tesla.  It's a quote that shows up long after his death.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Sorry but the sciences are not an easy road and mistakes have been made. People have, since there were people, experimented with different substances. Some were deadly, others curative. In ancient time the stuff that worked was combined with the placebo effect through the power of suggestion. 

Hey Zeno — 85,000,000 + peeps are taking legally prescribed mind alerting psychiatric drugs in the USA alone and a large portion of them are children.  Therapists are not helping decrease the amount of drug use.  I think they may be making things worse. 

Something is terribly wrong with our current medical industry— they cure very little but profit heavily, especially from pharmaceuticals.  

5 hours ago, Kenemet said:

...which was never actually said by Tesla.  It's a quote that shows up long after his death.

Interesting. How long after his death?  

Didn't Trump’s  uncle help the US government steal Tesla’s belongings?  It’s all so mysterious.  I don’t appreciate when people make up quotes that were never said.  Who does this?  They like to attribute quotes to Eleanor Roosevelt that she never said as well.  Interesting to note that Quote Investigator had no comments on the Tesla Quote.  

This is one of the most famous misquotes ...it’s brilliant, but Eleanor never said it....’twas Henry Thomas Buckle.  

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/11/18/great-minds/

His thoughts and conversation were always on a high level, and I recollect a saying of his, which not only greatly impressed me at the time, but which I have ever since cherished as a test of the mental calibre of friends and acquaintances. Buckle said, in his dogmatic way: 

“Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas.”

9 minutes ago, Festina said:

I don’t appreciate when people make up quotes that were never said.

Dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Festina said:

Hey Zeno — 85,000,000 + peeps are taking legally prescribed mind alerting psychiatric drugs in the USA alone and a large portion of them are children.  Therapists are not helping decrease the amount of drug use.  I think they may be making things worse. 

Something is terribly wrong with our current medical industry— they cure very little but profit heavily, especially from pharmaceuticals.  

Do you think I care.

Just now, XenoFish said:

Do you think I care.

Actually No, I don’t think you care about anything.

Reiki

Definition

Reiki is a form of therapy that uses simple hands-on, no-touch, and visualization techniques, with the goal of improving the flow of life energy in a person. Reiki (pronounced ray-key) means "universal life energy" in Japanese, and Reiki practitioners are trained to detect and alleviate problems of energy flow on the physical, emotional, and spiritual level. Reiki touch therapy is used in much the same way to achieve similar effects that traditional massage therapy is used—to relieve stress and pain, and to improve the symptoms of various health conditions.

its works because I tried  and it works

23 minutes ago, Festina said:

Actually No, I don’t think you care about anything.

Not really. If it doesn't affect me,  why bother. 

8 hours ago, Festina said:

Didn't Trump’s  uncle help the US government steal Tesla’s belongings?  It’s all so mysterious.  I don’t appreciate when people make up quotes that were never said.  Who does this?  They like to attribute quotes to Eleanor Roosevelt that she never said as well.  Interesting to note that Quote Investigator had no comments on the Tesla Quote.  

These things start with misunderstandings and with people wanting to promote an idea or a person (like Tesla).  Tesla and Einstein are frequently associated with mystical or psychic quotes (or even alchemical ones) to give legitimacy to an idea.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Reiki

Definition

Reiki is a form of therapy that uses simple hands-on, no-touch, and visualization techniques, with the goal of improving the flow of life energy in a person. Reiki (pronounced ray-key) means "universal life energy" in Japanese, and Reiki practitioners are trained to detect and alleviate problems of energy flow on the physical, emotional, and spiritual level. Reiki touch therapy is used in much the same way to achieve similar effects that traditional massage therapy is used—to relieve stress and pain, and to improve the symptoms of various health conditions.

its works because I tried  and it works

Is Charlie For Real

to add I believe  he is real,

I studied Reiki and tried it .

my son accidently  fell  forty ft  off a bridge and fell on railroad tracks and crushed  his body ,the doctors said he won``nt survive, So I  put my hands lightly going  over his whole body and meditated giving him my energy,  it work, he became out a walking  miracle. Even a Judge after  a year   finally gave him  SS disability, could not get over how he could have gone back to work with all those disabilities in his body .

• Like 1

so I did tried again , in the hospital my father in law was suffering  in his neck. so when his family left the room I did the Reiki  and it stop it . I didn't want any one think I was crazy for doing that:)

On 2/16/2020 at 7:27 AM, jypsijemini said:

Nothing.

God's plan for you may not have been what you wanted to happen. "Show Himself to me"? Sounds like some sort of demand. Then you say you "smoked weed for 8 years". How are you clearly praying and connecting with God if you are high all the time? By no means am I saying you are a bad person for smoking, but how moderate were you with it?

I am a Christian who accepts God's Will, which sometimes I don't like, but I know it's best for me (which has been proven time and time again). I don't want to get into a debate with anyone over God here, especially since I am always asking questions myself and I don't like churches. My Faith is such that i pray for things, but it's usually for the benefit of others. I also know that God has a path laid out for me. I also believe we are designed to self heal from any disease. Problem is, we are also inherently human and fallible. While we truly believe we are going to be healed, our subconscious has other ideas as our fears and apprehension manifest from within, unbeknownst to our conscious mind and sabotages our plan. I also believe that the placebo effect is not a permanent solution as we can clearly see in the second word of that phrase. However, if the body heals itself, that is a cure, not an effect. Therefore, I don't think it should be chalked up to a successful placebo, rather a permanent irradiation of the invading condition.

Addressing the TV aspect, I'd love to think that there is something genuine happening on Charlie's show, but I tend to favor Dejarma's point regarding the subject. The only thing real about reality shows is the scripting and directing. Lets be logical, they could have strip mined Oak Island 3 times over the 7 year run of that show. However, if you find the treasure, the show ends and so does the gravy train of revenue due to all the sucke...*cough* fans, who make it a very highly rated show. If there were no miraculous results on Charlie's show, it would have been cancelled after 3 episodes. Therefore, something has to happen to keep people tuning in. Is Charlie a charlatan? Well, from what I understand, he takes no payment for what he does privately, but I'm sure he was compensated (as anyone should be) for his TV production and I assume he's written a book by now, although I can't say for sure as I haven't looked into that. He may be one of those people who began with the best of intentions and then was corrupted He may have discovered that if he can convince people he's healing them, he can trigger a placebo effect, which isn't all that bad, but still could be considered deceptive based on his true intent. Then, there's the idea that Charlie is a guy who has a gift and he's freely given this gift from discovery to the current day, but lets face it, he can't eat with no means of support. So, I wouldn't fault him for making a living from books or TV appearances as long as he was in fact genuine. Could be Charlie is as naive as he claims when he says he doesn't know how it works. We'd all hope that he does genuinely care and is as honest as he can possibly be. Then again, we tend to be cynical first, which can sometimes get in the way of truly amazing things.

Finally, Festina, I greatly appreciate you throwing the video in, but maybe you could have spent a few seconds explaining the process, since I clearly stated that I forgot how to embed youtube videos. LOL!

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2020 at 5:38 PM, Festina said:

This is one of the most famous misquotes ...it’s brilliant, but Eleanor never said it....’twas Henry Thomas Buckle.  

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/11/18/great-minds/

His thoughts and conversation were always on a high level, and I recollect a saying of his, which not only greatly impressed me at the time, but which I have ever since cherished as a test of the mental calibre of friends and acquaintances. Buckle said, in his dogmatic way: 

“Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas.”

"Floyd, Calvin Coolidge didn't say everything!" ~ Andy Taylor

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jbondo said:

God's plan for you may not have been what you wanted to happen. "Show Himself to me"? Sounds like some sort of demand. Then you say you "smoked weed for 8 years". How are you clearly praying and connecting with God if you are high all the time? By no means am I saying you are a bad person for smoking, but how moderate were you with it?

I am a Christian who accepts God's Will, which sometimes I don't like, but I know it's best for me (which has been proven time and time again). I don't want to get into a debate with anyone over God here, especially since I am always asking questions myself and I don't like churches. My Faith is such that i pray for things, but it's usually for the benefit of others. I also know that God has a path laid out for me. I also believe we are designed to self heal from any disease. Problem is, we are also inherently human and fallible. While we truly believe we are going to be healed, our subconscious has other ideas as our fears and apprehension manifest from within, unbeknownst to our conscious mind and sabotages our plan. I also believe that the placebo effect is not a permanent solution as we can clearly see in the second word of that phrase. However, if the body heals itself, that is a cure, not an effect. Therefore, I don't think it should be chalked up to a successful placebo, rather a permanent irradiation of the invading condition.

Addressing the TV aspect, I'd love to think that there is something genuine happening on Charlie's show, but I tend to favor Dejarma's point regarding the subject. The only thing real about reality shows is the scripting and directing. Lets be logical, they could have strip mined Oak Island 3 times over the 7 year run of that show. However, if you find the treasure, the show ends and so does the gravy train of revenue due to all the sucke...*cough* fans, who make it a very highly rated show. If there were no miraculous results on Charlie's show, it would have been cancelled after 3 episodes. Therefore, something has to happen to keep people tuning in. Is Charlie a charlatan? Well, from what I understand, he takes no payment for what he does privately, but I'm sure he was compensated (as anyone should be) for his TV production and I assume he's written a book by now, although I can't say for sure as I haven't looked into that. He may be one of those people who began with the best of intentions and then was corrupted He may have discovered that if he can convince people he's healing them, he can trigger a placebo effect, which isn't all that bad, but still could be considered deceptive based on his true intent. Then, there's the idea that Charlie is a guy who has a gift and he's freely given this gift from discovery to the current day, but lets face it, he can't eat with no means of support. So, I wouldn't fault him for making a living from books or TV appearances as long as he was in fact genuine. Could be Charlie is as naive as he claims when he says he doesn't know how it works. We'd all hope that he does genuinely care and is as honest as he can possibly be. Then again, we tend to be cynical first, which can sometimes get in the way of truly amazing things.

Finally, Festina, I greatly appreciate you throwing the video in, but maybe you could have spent a few seconds explaining the process, since I clearly stated that I forgot how to embed youtube videos. LOL!

Sorry, you just copy and paste the link from the search bar into the post and it automatically appears like “magic” — after a couple of seconds.  Post a song!  

Good morning!  From Rossini, William Tell Overture. 

Edited by Festina

On 2/17/2020 at 4:22 PM, docyabut2 said:

I believe in it :)

I never believed in Reiki.  I had a headache for months and allowed a friend of mine to do his reiki thing.  It worked.  

:clap:

Edited by Festina
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 5:38 AM, jypsijemini said:

I saw this film when it was first released.  I was young but I remembered it and wished to see it again.  It was never released on VHS and finally produced on DVD a few years ago. Why did they wait so long, 35 years?   Do give it a look.  I thought it might be autobiographical and seems I may have been correct as Edna Rae is Ellen Burstyn's real name — Edna Mae in the film.  Best ending in s movie ever! 

• Thanks 1