Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Girls file Lawsuit against transgenders

Myles

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Maybe they should just have their own transgender Olympics?

Not a bad plan  RabidMongoose ? 

7 minutes ago, Setton said:

If you're taller, you'll be better at basketball. That's a biological advantage. Should we stop tall people from playing with short people? 

Intelligence is at least partly inherited. Should we have a special college entrance exam for stupid people? Otherwise, those clever people are taking scholarships they could have won. 

Men are - on average - taller than women. 

That is why women have their own separate basketball league; to eliminate the biological advantage that men have. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

That is why women have their own separate basketball league; to eliminate the biological advantage that men have. 

But taller men also have a biological advantage over shorter men. 

Do we need a short men basketball league? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Setton said:

< sigh > 

Yeah.. OK.. if you want. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

If we dont watch the snowflakes everybody who wants to compete in the Olympics will be allowed to, and each will get a gold medal at the end.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, susieice said:

So who changed the rules in the first place?

Originally there weren't any rules.  The subject had never come up.

Doug

6 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Do those rules apply in this case? At the high school level?

Do you think the two "girls" in question who are out competing these others, are being testosterone level tested? I extremely doubt it.

Apparently the challengers think so.

My first question is:  is this true?  Are these transgender students actually out competing other girls?  And, I doubt they're getting testosterone injections - they are now female, after all.  But there may be some modical reason they need them.  I don't know.

Doug

3 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

Apparently the challengers think so.

My first question is:  is this true?  Are these transgender students actually out competing other girls?  And, I doubt they're getting testosterone injections - they are now female, after all.  But there may be some modical reason they need them.  I don't know.

Doug

To the best of my knowledge, these are Pre-Op teenagers. Physically they're still male. They IDENTIFY as female though.

The story was that of the team of 5, the two trans females have won every single event. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Setton said:

Aztek - transgender women are just denying reality. 

Also aztek - science shows I am wrong? Best just deny reality then! 

Can you show the science?  How much real hard science is involved in psychology?  What really happened is some alleged experts formed consensus.  Don't believe me?  Look it up.  The American Psychiatric Association actually congratulates the World Health Organization for their courage to change this from a mental disease.  So where is the science.  1+1=2, or does it?

• Thanks 1

If you're taller, you'll be better at basketball. That's a biological advantage. Should we stop tall people from playing with short people? 

Intelligence is at least partly inherited. Should we have a special college entrance exam for stupid people? Otherwise, those clever people are taking scholarships they could have won. 

No, you should stop men competing physically against women.    Do you see all women playing handball in this photo and one is simply bigger than the others with no other advantage and is therefore able to take on three opposing players at once?  You can't be that stupid. 

0_2IMsAt_imCEMI0oj.jpg

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

So what.   They are both born male.   Letting males compete against females in most sporting events is not fair.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

To the best of my knowledge, these are Pre-Op teenagers. Physically they're still male. They IDENTIFY as female though.

The story was that of the team of 5, the two trans females have won every single event. 

I think that if they haven't yet had the surgery, they're still males and the plaintiffs may have a point.

Doug

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

I think that if they haven't yet had the surgery, they're still males and the plaintiffs may have a point.

Doug

I went back and tried some google kung-fu to try to find if these trans people were Pre, or Post, but didnt see it online. I do believe that may be for privacy reasons, but either way will likely come out in the trial.

If the trans females, as seems from articles, have been competing for several years, and were Post op (unknown), and had low testosterone (unknown), then I think their case will fail.

Do they allow teenage trans operations in Connecticut? Some states ban the operations, I believe, until a person is legally an adult.

Edit: Looks like several states are trying to block ALL teen age treatments.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/02/06/transgender-youth-transition-treatment-state-bills/4605054002/

Edited by DieChecker

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

No, you should stop men competing physically against women.    Do you see all women playing handball in this photo and one is simply bigger than the others with no other advantage and is therefore able to take on three opposing players at once?  You can't be that stupid. 

0_2IMsAt_imCEMI0oj.jpg

When I was at school I could easily outperform 3 of my peers on tests. Should they have to take a special stupid test?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

So what.   They are both born male.   Letting males compete against females in most sporting events is not fair.

Neither is letting tall people compete against short people. 

The point of this is, some people will always have genetic advantages over others. You have to draw a line somewhere to have any real competition. 

The only reason you draw that line between men and women is because it's what has always been done. 

It makes far more sense to have men and women compete together, in various height/weight categories, than to arbitrarily draw a line between men and women. Not only would that remove this issue, it would be a step towards true equality of opportunity between men and women. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Setton said:

When I was at school I could easily outperform 3 of my peers on tests. Should they have to take a special stupid test?

So you really are that stupid, comparing apples to oranges just so you won't have to admit some extreme leftist ideal is not correct.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5

That's idiotic.  Keep being wrong and comparing incomparable things.

Tyrone Curtis "Muggsy" Bogues is an American former basketball player. The shortest player ever to play in the National Basketball Association, the 5 ft 3 in Bogues played point guard for four teams during his 14-season career in the NBA. Wikipedia

Born: January 9, 1965 (age 55 years), Baltimore, MD

Height: 5′ 3″

Weight: 134 lbs

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Setton said:

The point of this is, some people will always have genetic advantages over others. You have to draw a line somewhere to have any real competition. 

The only reason you draw that line between men and women is because it's what has always been done. 

It makes far more sense to have men and women compete together, in various height/weight categories, than to arbitrarily draw a line between men and women. Not only would that remove this issue, it would be a step towards true equality of opportunity between men and women. 

Are you really this dumb or are you putting on an act.  

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Myles said:

Are you really this dumb or are you putting on an act.  

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

So you really are that stupid, comparing apples to oranges just so you won't have to admit some extreme leftist ideal is not correct.  

Any time either of you wants to address this, feel free. 

Until then, you can either carry on with your childish insults or actually stop and think for a change. 

All the same to me. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Setton said:

Until then, you can either carry on with your childish insults or actually stop and think for a change. 

All the same to me. 

Setton, do you know what happens when you take a male and a female athlete both at the top of their abilities and pit them against each other?  The female loses.  Even giving rule advantages to Martina, Jimmy Connors beat Martina Navitralova straight sets.   Men are stronger than women.  When I was 10 years old my mother would bring jars to me to open because she wasn't strong enough.  Maybe you're not a physically strong person so are unaware of just how much stronger men are than women the majority of the time.  Women can't run as fast, throw as far, jump as high, lift as much.  If you don't believe me look up the records.  You will find two, one for men the other for women and the men beat the women in every single category.

• Like 3

Athletics
400 metres
400m CIF San Diego Championship 2007.jpg
The closing stages of a men's 400 m race
Men's records
World South Africa Wayde van Niekerk 43.03 (2016)
Olympic South Africa Wayde van Niekerk 43.03 (2016)
Women's records
World East Germany Marita Koch 47.60 (1985)
Olympic France Marie-José Pérec 48.25 (1996)

One lap around the track and the fastest man finishes 4 and 5 full seconds faster than the fastest woman.  Look at the other men in that photo.  Every one, even the last place runner beat the female record.  Why?  Because men are stronger than women and it's not fair to have them compete against each other. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Setton said:

All the same to me. 

Men and women in seperated leagues is equality. If professional leagues were coed then it would push women out and they couldn't play.

Once puberty hits men are just stronger then women.  

Men genetically have a higher muscle to fat ratio, more testosterone, and different bone structures. Even if a man and women is the same height and weight the man is still physically stronger.

I don't know how someone could deny that.

Oh and a fun fact about diffences. Men's skin is genetically rougher and harder, hence the common situation where boys open lids. The rougher skin makes it easier to grasp and twist the lid.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Men and women in seperated leagues is equality. If professional leagues were coed then it would push women out and they couldn't play.

I do. ;)

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Setton, do you know what happens when you take a male and a female athlete both at the top of their abilities and pit them against each other?  The female loses.  Even giving rule advantages to Martina, Jimmy Connors beat Martina Navitralova straight sets.   Men are stronger than women.  When I was 10 years old my mother would bring jars to me to open because she wasn't strong enough.  Maybe you're not a physically strong person so are unaware of just how much stronger men are than women the majority of the time.  Women can't run as fast, throw as far, jump as high, lift as much.  If you don't believe me look up the records.  You will find two, one for men the other for women and the men beat the women in every single category.

Equally, if you pit a 6'7" woman against a 4'6" man and see who can reach highest, the woman will win. 

As i said, drawing the line based on gender is entirely arbitrary and, as you yourself highlight here, based only on tradition. 

It makes far more sense to divide based on ability than on gender. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Men genetically have a higher muscle to fat ratio, more testosterone, and different bone structures. Even if a man and women is the same height and weight the man is still physically stronger.

And who exactly is denying that? 

I'm saying leagues should be based on strength or stature, not gender. 

You will find these debates a lot more productive if you try to argue the point that is being made, rather than the one you expect to be made. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Equally, if you pit a 6'7" woman against a 4'6" man and see who can reach highest, the woman will win. 

As i said, drawing the line based on gender is entirely arbitrary and, as you yourself highlight here, based only on tradition. 

It makes far more sense to divide based on ability than on gender. 

Don't be facetious. We not talking about a if a short person can outreach a tall person.  The discussion here is female athletes being robbed of the ability to win scholarships, prizes or pride in achievement via unfair competition.  Care to address the 400 meter dash illustrated above or Connors absolute victory over Navratilova?  

Ability as it turns out is also based in gender when it comes to physical competition.  Stronger people tend to have more athletic ability.  Men are stronger than women so.......

See you ask for a fair conversation but just cowardly duck back behind your strawman when you get what you ask for.  You're wrong and aren't MAN enough to admit it.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2