Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man buried in snow grave in bizarre stunt

Still Waters

Oleg, 47 today, from Kaliningrad, dedicated the latest of a number of extreme cold experiments to his wife Irina, who was not present to watch his burial.

Wearing only shorts, he was covered in snow on the hard frozen Lena River - over which water was poured turning into ice.

In front of a media scrum, he lay down on his side in a heart-shaped snow coffin. 

Spadefuls of snow were heaped on top of his almost naked body until he was totally covered. 

https://siberiantimes.com/healthandlifestyle/others/news/iceman-survives-burial-almost-naked-in-snow-grave-for-13-minutes-in-bizarre-valentines-day-stunt/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• The title was changed to Man buried in snow grave in bizarre stunt

Now that's what I call a "cold" heart... 

~

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

..his wife Irina, who was not present to watch his burial.

She's probably gone cold on him

• Haha 2

That's no big feat. It is a feat, I mean, but not that big: Vladimir Arsenyev wrote how some of the Taz people, who accompanied him in his travels, were sleeping all night through outside the tent when it was -20C cold, having the upper half of body completely unclothed, with their backs covered in snow. When he first saw his Taz companion "warming his bones under the Moon" (as the local proverb says), he thought he got frozen to death, he approached and started to rouse him, but the Taz awakened, opened his eyes with the eyelashes covered in frost, just shook away the snow from his naked back and asked genuinely puzzled "what's happened?" :lol:

Edited by Chaldon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've swam in 0.9C temperature water for 25 minutes with just swimming shirts on. I wasn't in a trance. I didn't do some breathing exercise. It wasn't easy but it wasn't a huge feat either. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1